Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wife and I just did the million dollar highway in June. Hard to capture in pictures for sure.

Nice! Hardest part is trying to concentrate on driving and not being able to concentrate on the scenery.

IMG_0368.JPG
IMG_0372.JPG
Detailed Wilma, paint needed a good buff and wax!

Left Sam the wonder dog at home and took the wife camping and wheeling on the Hassayampa River.

Tested the ARB awning room, the room goes up super easy and fast. The take down was just as easy and stored in the original without any issue. All in all its nice and was wife approved but does not work with my set up do to the limited and difficult access to the Flip up windows and second row door access. So if anyone is interested in an ARB awning room used once let me know.

img_9436-1-jpg.1464592

View attachment 1464616
what are you looking to get for tent room ?

Been a tough month for the cruiser.
Neighborhood punks went around shooting BBs at car windows. My cruiser back glass got hit, along with the tailgate.
20170715_051858.jpg
20170715_051800.jpg
for some reason the current configuration reminds.me of an old Def Leopard album cover,
20170715_120312.jpg
headed to CBT tomorrow for new window.

After taping the window to keep the glass out, I got back to the task at hand.
Ran 8 gauge wire from the battery to the right rear corner. Terminated at fuse block then to 12v outlet, USB chargers, volt meter, and switch for led cargo light.
Hoping to build fridge slide this week as soon as slides get in.
36x18 steel shelf for a top, as recommended by another CSCer.
Will be on slides, with 6" drawer underneath.
Prepping for Moab and Breckenridge in two weeks!!

Last edited:
After taking the window to keep the glass out, I got back to the task at hand.
Ran 8 gauge wire from the battery to the right rear corner. Terminated at fuse block then to 12v outlet, Ian chargers, volt meter, and switch for led cargo light.
Hoping to build fridge slide this week as soon as slides get in.
36x18 steel shelf for a top, as recommended by another CSCer.
Will be on slides, with 6" drawer underneath.
Prepping for Moab and Breckenridge in two weeks!!

FYI,
I was going to build a slide too, but professionally built and delivered in two days for $170, couldn't pass it up.

Amazon.com: Dometic CFX-SLD5065US CFX Slide Suited For CFX-50 / CFX-65DZ: Automotive

@Funner , nice slide. if I'd seen that I probably would have gone that route.

My slides are stuck in shipping in Colorado :bang:

Mother Nature decided I needed a little more rear ventilation. I opted for the color match tape job. If you look closely you can see my CSC sticker being worn in the "new cool style".

RedFJ Window1.jpg

Been a tough month for the cruiser.
Neighborhood punks went around shooting BBs at car windows. My cruiser back glass got hit, along with the tailgate.
View attachment 1498799 View attachment 1498800 for some reason the current configuration reminds.me of an old Def Leopard album cover, View attachment 1498801headed to CBT tomorrow for new window.

I see your truck here today for the new glass. Man, that is a very sharp 200 series. Hope you don't mind a little drool that might of got on it..;)

Was this from hail? Any other damage? Usually don't get lucky and only a single hit.
It was a portable basketball hoop that took it out. The base was full of water to weight it down but the wind didn't care. Caught it just right wrong. You could say it was a lucky, unlucky event.

I thought the new stickers weren't supposed to do that. o_O
I ordered some flat ones that just look pre-curled. :grinpimp:

Taking out glass instead of denting a panel was lucky. My garage up north has cruisers pack in the sardines. Last summer tagged my tail light on my FJ62 on my 79 FJ40. Only up side only cracked the lens. One call to CBT and few days later good as new. Now never back it in with the sun in face, roll the tinted passenger's window to see mirror and turn on the garage lights. If I do it again I'm going to be really up set and won't talk to myself for a week.

Thanks @murf looking forward to getting it home to finish the fridge install.
hoping to make it to the meeting Friday, but we are leaving for San Diego sat.
not sure I can pull off that hall pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom