Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now might be the time to get some of the flip out back windows for that fj.
With more storms on the way and the fact I park it outside I went with turn around time over a cool mod. Murph came through as usual and sent me to his crew at Lone Cactus Auto Glass. Next day installed, $50 deductible, and was able to wait on it. Can't get much better than that!!! Thanks Eric!

Have to get this on the local forum as well... @LandCruiserPhil aux fan installed. Not that you all don't know what a great dude he is already but...personally delivered and installation help provided.

20170719_172017.jpg

Replaced the RF spindle and wheel bearings on my 80

Rebuilt the Holley carb on the 40. Next weekend hopefully rebuild the OEM carb on the 74 Piggy.

ALL the pertinent geometry: I have 1" diff drop. 4" suspension lift. Tundra conversion that extends track width 1 1/2" per side.
35K miles since lift.
It was an aftermarket boot. The original was torn in shipping. I tend to keep an eye on that one as it was thinner material than OEM, so I'm pretty sure it didn't fail and cause the grease to come out and cause the metallic catastrophe.
Also, there wasn't much grease in the wheel well or suspension components. I think it cooked in the boot. There is a solid layer of Coke built up in the cup.

I told the tow truck driver what a rarity it must be to have a cruiser on a flat bed. He said he never towed on before, but has a 97 he'd like to sell......

so, where is this mysterious '97 now ? :hmm:

I see your truck here today for the new glass. Man, that is a very sharp 200 series. Hope you don't mind a little drool that might of got on it..;)

you drool because it's red :doh:

@DSRTRDR i believe he had it listed on offer up.

Had been burned by Craigslist, so he was trying offer up.

did it sell ?

Replaced front sway bar end link bushings on the 80.

Finally completed replacing all brake components on the 80 and got her working again. Replaced vacuum booster, master cylinder, check valve, check valve grommet, all flexible brake lines, rotors and pads (power stop) and did the LSPV bypass. After a couple of set backs, I can say this is the best they have worked since I bought the vehicle.

Wish they were firmer but they definitely hold well and can lock them up on pavement. Well, that is until the ABS kicks in.

Prestone loves me. I went through at least a gallon of brake fluid!

Finally completed replacing all brake components on the 80 and got her working again. Replaced vacuum booster, master cylinder, check valve, check valve grommet, all flexible brake lines, rotors and pads (power stop) and did the LSPV bypass. After a couple of set backs, I can say this is the best they have worked since I bought the vehicle.

Wish they were firmer but they definitely hold well and can lock them up on pavement. Well, that is until the ABS kicks in.

Prestone loves me. I went through at least a gallon of brake fluid!
Is there write up for the lspv bypass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom