What did you do on your 70 series today? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lurch is back in his element after a brain replacement. This time I hope Igor stole the Noble Prize Winner brain, and not the Abbey Normal brain we got last time.
Any suggestions about brain surgery on Abbey’s brain so I can use her as a spare? Are there any chip tuners that improve 2LT-E ECUs? I posted this on the NA 70 owners' FaceBook page and someone mentioned a uni chip. What's that?

A few days later...

Apparently Igor got the correct brain. 22.2 mpg on the first tank since the switch. Included some highway and some 4x4 time.

The previous post about Trucklite LCD headlights and snow really speaks to me. The lights are great, but draw so little amps that the lenses don't warm up enough when the snow falls here. As it's doing already. I wonder if there is some filament I could add across the lenses to melt snow?
22366545_10213347083290048_8720843325635795970_n.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg
IMAG0046.jpg

New shocks today. I fitted some Gabriel Ultras. Only budget shocks but they had some decent reviews and I don't go hard off-road. The old OME Nitro chargers were shot but they were around 13 years old. The old girl drives nice again but its think I will give it a new damper as it looks the same vintage as the shocks

Reactions: Gus
Decided to see how my roof rack fit on the troopy. I’ve had this rack for 15+ years, started out on the 55, then the 80. The towers are adjustable side to side. The 75 is about 6 inches wider at the gutters than the 80. I also mounted all the ‘stuff’ to it, axe, shovel and high-lift. The rack fits well, and the extra weight makes the vehicle ride much smoother too, less bounce, and less bounce means less squeaks from the new bushings I put in the leafs, win-win.

P1050863.JPG

P1050864.JPG

P1050865.JPG

P1050866.JPG

Mohawk,
Did you spray Penetrol into the windscrren frame?
I have not seen an aerosol can like that here in the States.

Yea , and once its painted ill spray more in.... Its like a fish oil thats dries off after penetraring ..Ive sprayed the sills and anywhere else i cant reach....The frame is rusted pretty thin in places so im hoping it might slow down the rust for a few years ....
Its amazing how runny this stuff is , it just gets in everywhere.
I put 4 coats of black guard on the inside edge of the welded on strip , i masked it like a tank so the blackguard could get in under the spot welded joint where i cut the old bit off.

This is what i put behind the bit we welded.... its the same as BlackGuard...it will be 90% covered by the seal and anything left will be shiny black..... the dryed finish is tuff as hell.

20171030_182748.jpg

20171030_175512.jpg

I'm really digging that bumper Ben... if Jason was still making them I'd be mighty tempted to swap my ARB for one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom