Weather... leaks, wiper motors/arms/blades? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like @tornadoalleycruiser suggested, I made my own vent flap. As a hoarder, I had the advantage of an NOS flap to use as a template.

On the sound-deadening, I bought RAMmat for my trans hump floorboards and firewall on the recommendation of forum member @Degnol . I regretted it afterwards, not because of the product, but because I discovered I could have bought something very similar from @mmw68 and supported a MUD vendor.

I took a hint from c2dfj45 and have on my list of to purchase the uber effective heat shield material to go between the Downpipe and the floor. I drive in birkenstocks and can't have my feet cook.

That heat shield stuff is amazing......works great on the FZJ79. We're getting ready to build another 79 and I think I'm really going to have some fun with heat shielding. Probably Lizard Skin top and bottom(new cab so easy to lay it on the underside of the floors)....then we'll do more of the gold foil we used on the LV for some really cool heat shields. Air gaps/shields make such a massive difference and they're so easy to make for critical areas.

Dom: The ceramic windshield coatings are semi permanent. The more you use the wipers, the more you need to reapply. Different than RainX though. Check a few places like Autogeek and Chemical Guys.....read the reviews on the different products they sell. Some of it really only works at higher speeds...which isn't so good for an old Land Cruiser. I try not to use my wipers when I have that stuff on the glass. Don't be afraid to put on multiple layers either. That flat glass needs as much help as it can get to get water off of it.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m going to tackle the wipers today and Rainx for now. I’ll do ceramic before winter. Anyone have the part # for the early wipers?

85220-60030?

I have a few of the clip in and they are 85330-90300

I’m also thinking maybe one of Racers rubber mat repros with some sound deafening under that.

Chris-

I know you don’t wanna hear this but I was laughing my ass off about the LV gushing water. I’ve been there thinking you’ve got everything squared away and it’s an epic fail. Obviously a bigger deal in Florida and I hope you get that sorted out. I hate having a truck I can only drive certain times of the year. Appreciate all your assistance.

These:

CEAF3AF3-FD36-4CF4-B3F9-80E23C9A36A9.jpeg

This brake pushrod hole is a big culprit on the firewall. I’m going to use some rubber to make a custom cover that takes care of this. I guess I will have to bolt it between the booster bracket and firewall. Or maybe use extra long bolts that pass through into the cab and mount it on the inside with nuts on those bolts with a thin bracket to hold it in place...

ABD76D87-0DF7-420F-A4B5-904B39B9A2C8.jpeg

Let me see if I can find the pn for the aftermarket wiper arms. I think Ige posted it about a decade ago.

Weird link. :doh:

Here’s what I’m going to use for the hole in the firewall for the brake pushrod. I bought it a decade ago but I’ve used it for endless crap on my junk...

Carquest CPB 14994

Camper Top Weatherstrip

2” wife 3/16” thick. Adhesive back.

45FAA7C7-FE55-47C8-9C4A-456C5E2E66D5.jpeg

0FE4B49D-0D07-4F70-A427-00E52256CB4C.jpeg

4819E53F-E765-4015-B559-B1FC16ACCC67.jpeg

Dom

I think the stock blades you posted are a 55010. I haven’t sold any for a while, and I had sticker shock when I ordered a pair for a customer recently and found the retail was around 20 bux! For blades that don’t even work.

IIRC, @JohnnyC did a write up on some aftermarket stuff that he said was better. As far as I’m concerned, ANYTHING is better than the stock early arms and blades.

I would be happy to learn about any options for early (‘63) wiper arms (and blades), even original.

Chris-

I know you don’t wanna hear this but I was laughing my ass off about the LV gushing water. I’ve been there thinking you’ve got everything squared away and it’s an epic fail. Obviously a bigger deal in Florida and I hope you get that sorted out. I hate having a truck I can only drive certain times of the year. Appreciate all your assistance.

Glad you got a laugh out of it Dom. Lol. I think I was having a laugh too. Mostly laughing at myself for driving that truck with a tropical storm right on our doorstep. Not the smartest. But if those guys in 356 Porsches were driving their cars.......I had to as well.

A 40/60/80 brake pushrood boot will cover your hole woes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom