Water Pump Identification and One Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ewillis

SILVER Star
Threads
About to replace my water pump. Nothing wrong with the original, but completing a complete refresh of the cooling system. I bought this pump from the classifieds awhile back. It is in an Aisin box, sealed in plastic, with an accompanying gasket. It has the stamps ground down with an Aisin sticker. Ok...I lied two questions.

Is this a genuine Aisin pump and why would they be doing this?
I can't find the thread, but I thought I remembered something about submerging the pump in distilled water prior to installation...is this really necessary?

Technically 3 questions I guess...:oops:
TIA :beer:
2017-03-24 13.36.13.jpg
2017-03-24 13.36.17.jpg

I'd say real.
The pump was probably made for OEM usage, so had identifying marks removed and a simple sticker slapped on.

Never heard of the submerging part.

I'd say real.
The pump was probably made for OEM usage, so had identifying marks removed and a simple sticker slapped on.

Never heard of the submerging part.

Yes...I think you're right. I just took a closer look at my original and it has "Toyota" stamped on it. Same size as the grind marks on the new pump, which would explain why Aisin re-branded it for sale.

Some of us with ocd, after a few complete drain fill cycles using the garden hose, then do a couple more using distilled water before the final fill using 50:50 distilled water and coolant. Open both the radiator petcock and block drain with each flush cycle. FWIW

Like said above it is Aisin was made for Toyota ground off then sticker put on, all the ones I've seen from rock auto are that way

100% authentic AISIN, as noted it used to say Toyota. Every once in a while we still get a Toyota or TEQ stamped AISIN boxed part but most get the grinder :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom