WagonGear tailgate storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
will he ever make anymore? I know the site says starting to get back to it, my carpet/vinyl trim is ratty in a couple spots and would like a better option....anybody else doing this kinda storage solution?

thanks

doug

I may put this up for sale soon.

20140704_202046_zpswpobpvj4.jpg

20140704_202321_zpshbkrubh9.jpg

20140704_201913_zpsful2jez4.jpg

Last edited:
I like that. I have a solid aluminum panel following Cdans led. Did you cut inner lid by hand or have access to a CNC?

He's making them again. I just ordered one for my fj80 last week. Maybe I got the last one. I had been stalking the site for awhile so when I saw one available, I jumped on it.

FWIW, still my favorite mod I've personally added to the truck. It's heavy and storing tools, recovery gear, other miscellaneous back there definitely adds a TON of weight (my wife can't lift the gate back up and I won't let anyone lower the gate for fear of it damaging the hinges over time).....but I truly do appreciate it. Good to hear he's still making these available.

I REALLY wish he could fab matching storage for the sides similar to what's offered for the 60 series.

Too bad I stopped pitting $ into the 80 besides mechanical stuff....I would really like one of these.

He's making them again. I just ordered one for my fj80 last week. Maybe I got the last one. I had been stalking the site for awhile so when I saw one available, I jumped on it.

dang, I stopped checking the site, and then when I looked again last night it was still the same except for the im starting again header, so I guess I missed out, have to start checking everyday I guess........

Has anyone found a tailgate shock aborber that will fit the 80 series?

Has anyone found a tailgate shock aborber that will fit the 80 series?

Huh? You worried about it slamming down with the weight? If you are looking for an assist to get it back up then a torsion bar is needed but no one has been brave enough to try fitting one.

Yes, to control the weight so the princess or one of the kids doesn't drop it injuring themselves and to avoid stress to the hinges. A system to bring the heavier lift gate back up would be nice too. Some newer model SUV's like the Ford Escape I rented awhile back had electric auto open and close shocks/struts which was really handy when moving stuff in and out of the cargo area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTocB4O3G1I

Last edited:
That tailgate damper is sweeeeet. If there is a way to fit in our trucks Id be all over it.

That's a good idea. Looks like that would be easy to fab up. Just have to get the right length.

I am sure a linear actuator could be used as well with enough time to design. The latch would be the challenge trying to sync up the latch open/close with the actuator to lift/drop the gate.

Get a minivan it has auto open and close doors. :flipoff2: Be a man with the 80 tailgate. I can't imagine it is that heavy, I have mine loaded and can still open and close it with one arm. If you're worried about the kids, tell them not to open it. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom