UltraGauge Review (OBD-II Gauge/Diagnostic Tool) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update-UG now $78.xx plus shipping. Just ordered one.

I hadn't gathered that it didn't work since only two people posted issue with the unit. Others seem to have been using them since 09 with no issue. What makes you say it won't work?

Same one that won't work above?

I hadn't gathered that it didn't work since only two people posted issue with the unit. Others seem to have been using them since 09 with no issue. What makes you say it won't work?

x2? :confused:

Both the old one and the new one are running fine for me.....

Interesting...I just got my new Ultra-Gauge EM hooked up last night. I've only owned my LX for a week, but the CEL has been on the entire time. The PO said it was the P0401 EGR code. Well, the Ultra-Gauge said there were zero trouble codes and zero pending trouble codes. I cleared it, which got rid of the CEL for one cycle, but the CEL came back on. After it came back on I checked and once again the UG said there were no trouble codes and no pending trouble codes. What gives!?

I submitted a support request from UG describing the issue that nuclearlemon and I are having. This is the response that I got:

"There may be a bug with regard to reading codes on early Toyotas. We are looking into this."

mines a 7/95 iirc. what month/year is yours? my scanguage had no issues reading the codes when it worked.

Door tag.

It may be certain codes. Can you check with another code reader or take it to the local auto parts store and get it pulled?

Door tag.

It may be certain codes. Can you check with another code reader or take it to the local auto parts store and get it pulled?
Mine is 03/96.

The PO was a straight shooter and he said it was the P0401. Depending on what I hear back from UG I will take it to the parts store to have the code pulled before I tear into the EGR system...

Does the UG show any indication when the code sets? On mine (2/96 LX450) the UG screen flashes a trouble code alarm, until it is canceled, the "heart" monitor should also be broken? Mine reads and clears codes with no issue, have also plugged it into other rigs on the trail, always read them.

Kinda sounds like a problem with the "new/upgraded" UG software?

The forum is apparently not for support or troubleshooting. However, I did submit a query with their support staff and they are looking into it. I referenced this in one of my recent posts in this thread.

Sent from my HTC Evo using IH8MUD

Another update from UltraGauge regarding the code reading issue:

"It is likely a bug introduced on the EM version. The trouble code function was enhanced to allow UG to communicate with vehicles that have multiple computers. Our engineers are still looking into the problem and an update will be released once the issue is identified."

thanks for the update 2elo. in the meantime, i'm sending my scanguage in to be repaired.

Finally received a solution from UG... You should have them update/fix this issue while you have yours there, Nuclearlemon.

Here's their response:

"We have isolated and corrected the issue. It affected all vehicles using the J1850 VPM protocol.
With your permission, I would like to send you a return label.
We will then update your unit and promptly return it to you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom