TWT -- The Wrenching Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@SFROMAN i like that, my truck has OME springs out back and u known springs up front. I like my rear height but I need more up front, and I need to fix my rear shackle angle, it is horrible

Somebody got lots better at welding from the sliders to the spring hangers!!

Someone else did the sliders. I did the spring hangers.

2020 Vette drive line. Can't wait to see what people start putting this in. We'll probably start seeing swaps next year at SEMA if these can be had.

2020-6.2L-V8-LT2TR9080-DCT-M1L-COR-RS-NC-HiRLev12.jpg

Kit cars most likely. Although if for stone reason I ever inheirit my step moms NSX, I'd be game.

Yeah Johny welded up the hangers. Dude can weld. I did very little welding. I didn’t do too bad but I needed the welds to be strong so I didn’t do much. Johny has been teaching me but I just have to practice more.

While trying to diagnose the fuel delivery issue of my moped, I discovered the gas tank was rusty. After doing some research I found a great trick to clean it that worked great! I bought 4 quarts of “the works” toilet bowl cleaner. I filled my tank up to the brim with it and let it sit over night and it worked wonders! My tank is now completely rust free. The cleaner is 9.5% HCl which is what allows it to eat rust, it was $5.50 for 4 quarts at Wally World and I think it presents itself as a good economical rust eater for many projects. Just thought I’d share that with y’all.
18C91883-D34D-4020-9F98-D8EB0E7F9AAC.jpeg
C8A0FD1E-B4D8-49CC-B72E-9DDE6B916E1A.jpeg

I’ll get one when I get home from class, I just barely had time this morning to look in the tank before I had to leave.
I tried to get one yesterday but couldn’t get a good picture of the inside. I couldn’t seem to hold my phone right again. But it was almost completely bare metal except for a few small spots of flash rush I guess I missed with WD-40.

Finished up installing @NCTrey133 motor install. Pulled it a couple weekends ago and took it down to AMS in Fayetteville to get the block and head done. We retained factory size crank bearings but went .020 on the piston walls. Valve job and all new gaskets. Went with a LCE rebuild kit? Trey can confirm. And went with a Toyota HG. Factory one lost the compression rings in 1 and 6 and started splitting. Ran into a few hiccups waiting on unexpected parts and a few grounds I forgot to put on. Went to crank and it wasn’t starting. Checked for fuel and spark and had spark but I had set the timing 180* on the exhaust side instead of the intake. Reset tdc and set the timing to 10* and it fired right up. Button up everything else and took it for a drive after fixing some leaks and it drove great! Really happy with the turnout of the motor. Leaks in picture is not from us lol
FCC7427E-7BA1-44A8-B6B0-B1A405D48BED.jpeg

Also tried 40s on Dipty to see how it would fit and clearance. I see 40s in my future after minor trimming.
8DC712B8-FF3E-42F3-9F56-3AE2BD0A18C7.jpeg

E7705A0A-9DB8-4177-9A7B-77A0E701BAE1.jpeg

1B625F59-4FBF-414C-A8BB-911621961241.jpeg

Nice work. You will break that truck in half with 40s the way you wheel, lol.

Wrenched on a buddy's German iron on saturday, after he lost an alternator pulley on the way to my house. Had to take the alternator out to reseat the engine fan on the alternator, then put her back together.

IMG_20191116_120832.jpg

IMG_20191116_140544.jpg

Today I got a good start on the ferd's clutch today before being chased back inside by rain. Thanks to @DeeRex for bringing my transmission jack back home :D

IMG_20191118_104606.jpg

IMG_20191118_125514.jpg

Wrenched on a buddy's German iron on saturday, after he lost an alternator pulley on the way to my house. Had to take the alternator out to reseat the engine fan on the alternator, then put her back together.

View attachment 2136418

View attachment 2136419

Today I got a good start on the ferd's clutch today before being chased back inside by rain. Thanks to @DeeRex for bringing my transmission jack back home :D

View attachment 2136414

View attachment 2136415
Is it my driving style or my trail selection?:rofl:

View attachment 2136418

View attachment 2136419

View attachment 2136414

View attachment 2136415

That ford trans is big, eh? Any surprises so far or just straightforward swap? Did you decide to upgrade the disc?

That ford trans is big, eh? Any surprises so far or just straightforward swap? Did you decide to upgrade the disc?

Flipping enormous, but surprisingly easy so far. Upgraded from stock single disk to a dual disk organic clutch from valair.

More heavy wrenching here.
His and hers key bodies from YotaMD.
For those who don’t know, Lx470/100 series keys are not designed as robustly as the rest of the vehicle. The big square body gives you plenty of torque to crack the crappy housing. Over on the 100 section YotaMD is selling 3D printed bodies with fancy Ti reinforcement. YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell
One of my keys had failed and I could feel a failure coming on the 2nd, so I ordered up a few kits.
76230E3F-CA49-481D-976B-5E631B4FDDDD.jpeg

Digging in, it’s a nicely made kit, with metallic or black oxide hardware (both included), and a few extras you can keep in the parts bag and toss in the glovebox just in case field service is required. The body is a tidy 3D printed design, and there are 2 laser cut (maybe water jet) Ti pieces that act as a reinforcing frame and hold the key blade very securely.
I got safety orange for me, cuz I’m an idiot and I lose stuff, and a stylish gun metal grey for the wife.
7DFBB69A-0411-47A7-943E-8FC2535B7609.jpeg

I did the wife’s key first, and everything went together great. Feels way more solid, and she was pleased with the looks.
Mine was a bit tougher. All the recesses for the nuts were very tight and sadly one corner cracked a bit getting the nut in. I think is due to 3D printing not being wildly precise.
3CA3949A-0A6C-4403-B35B-2C58B03FCB28.jpeg

Even with the crack, it’s way more solid than stock. I dabbed a little superglue gel in there to mend it. -before anyone jumps in here- I have NOT brought this to the attention of @suprarx7nut so he has not had a chance to respond or add any comment.
All-in-all this seems like a nicely made product by a small mud vendor. They aren’t cheap, but you can tell a lot of design work went into the product and now I won’t be worrying about another key coming apart at an inopportune moment.
If not for the cracked housing I’d go 9/10.
F53A42F8-A7E4-40C6-AF72-9AEED08E7B5D.jpeg

More heavy wrenching here.
His and hers key bodies from YotaMD.
For those who don’t know, Lx470/100 series keys are not designed as robustly as the rest of the vehicle. The big square body gives you plenty of torque to crack the crappy housing. Over on the 100 section YotaMD is selling 3D printed bodies with fancy Ti reinforcement. YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell
One of my keys had failed and I could feel a failure coming on the 2nd, so I ordered up a few kits.
View attachment 2136571
Digging in, it’s a nicely made kit, with metallic or black oxide hardware (both included), and a few extras you can keep in the parts bag and toss in the glovebox just in case field service is required. The body is a tidy 3D printed design, and there are 2 laser cut (maybe water jet) Ti pieces that act as a reinforcing frame and hold the key blade very securely.
I got safety orange for me, cuz I’m an idiot and I lose stuff, and a stylish gun metal grey for the wife.
View attachment 2136568
I did the wife’s key first, and everything went together great. Feels way more solid, and she was pleased with the looks.
Mine was a bit tougher. All the recesses for the nuts were very tight and sadly one corner cracked a bit getting the nut in. I think is due to 3D printing not being wildly precise.
View attachment 2136569
Even with the crack, it’s way more solid than stock. I dabbed a little superglue gel in there to mend it. -before anyone jumps in here- I have NOT brought this to the attention of @suprarx7nut so he has not had a chance to respond or add any comment.
All-in-all this seems like a nicely made product by a small mud vendor. They aren’t cheap, but you can tell a lot of design work went into the product and now I won’t be worrying about another key coming apart at an inopportune moment.
If not for the cracked housing I’d go 9/10.
View attachment 2136570
Well that's a first. Weird. The cerakoted nut recess can vary a few thou in width due to coating application variance and I'm guessing that yours was real tight. Too tight, apparently.

Regardless, hit me with a PM with your name or order number so I can get you a new back! That cracked back is no good, we gotta get you squared away.

-Andy

View attachment 2136418

View attachment 2136419

View attachment 2136414

View attachment 2136415

Got the clutch install wrapped up last night. Easiest clutch install of my life. Was able to slide the transmission all the way into the clutch on the first try, no issues, no fiddling, no alignment problems, no cursing. Currently in the break-in period, but everything seems good so far! Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom