TWIN HEADS, the new series from fox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Called beno on more parts, ends up many were in the grind kit. Here is list of what is there.

I was surprised that the spark plug tube seals were in it. Now, I have no reason not to powdercoat the valve cover.

Head Gasket
Valve cover gasket
Spark plug tube seals
Intake manifold gasket
Surge tank (plenum) gaskets
Exhaust manifold gaskets
Exhaust flange gaskets
Throttle body gasket
Valve seals
Injector seals
PAIR valve gaskets
Bypass pipe o-rings
Fuel pipe-to-rail gaskets
Chain tensioner gasket

Here are some pics of the fun......

DSCF8002.JPG
DSCF8013.JPG
IMG_7449.JPG
IMG_7448.JPG
IMG_7451.JPG

For those of you that know what "putting some aluminum foil on the rabbit ears means"....The thrill of Victory, and the agony of defeat.....
IMG_7453 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7455.JPG
IMG_7457.JPG
IMG_7456 - Copy.JPG

Ah caramba.. Ugly man.

Doh!, Bart@!

Yeah, good news is that the mains looked good, just the rod bearings in 1-4 looked bad.

So, question for you. If I were to pull the head off this engine, and use it as a swapping head. Meaning next time we have a member with a blown head gasket, this could be rebuilt and ready to go such that we could do the entire job in one day.

Would you have any concerns or areas we should inspect, knowing that the engine was starved for oil.

Just take the head to a good head shop and have them check tolerances and rebuild. Area of concern would be the cam bearings. Not sure if those are replaceable on that engine or not?

You could probably find a good used crank and some rods if the mains are good and you want to build that block.

Just take the head to a good head shop and have them check tolerances and rebuild. Area of concern would be the cam bearings. Not sure if those are replaceable on that engine or not?

You could probably find a good used crank and some rods if the mains are good and you want to build that block.

No cam bearings on the 1FZ-FE. They are built into the bearing caps and seats.

No cam bearings on the 1FZ-FE. They are built into the bearing caps and seats.

So, are you saying to pull the cam and look for wear? As you said no bearings, just the metal cam on the aluminum seat and metal caps.

So, are you saying to pull the cam and look for wear? As you said no bearings, just the metal cam on the aluminum seat and metal caps.

Yes.

But unless there was severe oil starvation on the top end I doubt you will need to do anything to them.

They might need to be cleaned a bit but a machine shop will do that in the process of a valve job as long as you tell them to inspect the camshafts and bearing caps.

Very good. Sounds like I have a head then for swaps and a pile of parts.:flush:

When I cracked it open, it had that sick smell of a burnt engine.:doh:

Those rods are not that bad, I've seen much worse should be able to turn it. Ran one once to the point the bearing was basicly gone.

Well the heads are back from the shop....now re-assembly.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416863350.416355.jpg

Sammy, What did he say about my head, that he could not get the cam to line up?

He was rushing out of the shop but what he said was that yours was pretty warped and second that he could not get the two cams to line up that's why he put the other one in a separate box. Why they were not lining up I don't know. I can call him tomorrow and get a more detailed explanation.

Few pics from the past two days.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417351066.401285.jpg

Safety first...
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417351091.669811.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417351105.368386.jpg

Hope you guys got her back together! Sorry I couldn't make it by this weekend! My family is in town from Germany.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom