Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

12 x 20

IMG_6235.JPG
IMG_6236.JPG

What kind of paint did you use? What colour?

Hopefully this isn't all due to the time we pushed in to warner lake ;)

I'll be up on the weekend and you can do mine!!

-Kidding gotta work

Nason single stage urethane

Toyota beige 464

Agent O is next in the que. should be ready for paint this weekend if the whether plays along. Again these paint jobs aren't restoration quality but more of a refresh and clean up.

On troopy during my first coat I had a few runs in the drivers quarter. It was off as it was the second side I did and the first went great. Re sanded it last night and will have to spray it again.....
IMG_6238.JPG
IMG_6243.JPG

IMG_6245.JPG
IMG_6246.JPG
IMG_6249.JPG
IMG_6250.JPG
IMG_6251.JPG
Troopy only needs his front fender underside painted. Maybe tonight or tomorrow.

The respray on the side and doors went great. Came out even little better than the first time around.

Then more progress on orange.

Quite a pop up body shop you two have going on. Looks like great progress.

Troopy is looking great, Orange will be brilliant! The old paint was pretty faded. Cant wait to see it.

Troopy was driven to work today and full gear and is practically back together. Couple little things like winch wiring and headlight bulb replacement but all pretty straight forward.

Hoping Orange can be in the same state sunday if things go well...

Then..... onward....

Been distracted these days with all the other cruiser but managed to get a little troopy maintenance in:

In our super cold snap it would barely run. Though plugged fuel filter. Turns out my lift pump on the tank died. Swapped in a spare and away she went like a champ

Did a fuel filter swap too
And ran a can of diesel purge through her.

Then an oil change and noticed my fender mount was cracking. Goobered some weld on to stiffen her up.

Next was seats. The seat that came with it sucked. Not sure they were factory but they were lame. Pulled the buckets out of the parts mini. Super adjustable, heated and in better condition.
1BF3DC97-5746-4E1B-9903-EE8FDE526121.jpeg

You know what's awesome about Troopies?
EVERYTHING! :grinpimp:

This is such a bitchin' truck - love it.

After what seems to be a very very very long time I'm finally digging back into this thing to try and tackle the suspension.... one axle at a time.

Spent a few hours yesterday stripping most of the old stuff of the frame and got it all cleaned up not to bad.

Also found a pending disaster. The idler shaft on the t case has a little lock tab and bolt that had nearly fallen out. When this happens the next thing to happen is the shaft slips back letting the idler gear drop and ...... Kaaaabooom

So that was a good bit of luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom