Trailer Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does great. It's a 350 TBI conversion so it's got plenty of power. Big hills, I didn't even have to shift out of overdrive. The limiting factor was my testicles. 65 mph with the trailer on and a 40 mph crosswind is scary! Friday's wind was brutal coming up. Sunday drive back home was snowy but no wind so it felt nice and smooth.

That said, there's another probably 600 lbs or so of weight to be added before it's complete. The plan is to tow it with the 80 mostly.

So, on the RV door up front, does it allow unlocking and opening from inside? Because I can see someone locking the back door with you inside the trailer during the middle of the night, which would be hillarious at ONSC gatherings (apparently @JohnVee has a "thing" with soiling you, or around you), but not so great when other places with strangers. Remember Kids, Stranger Danger is real

So, on the RV door up front, does it allow unlocking and opening from inside? Because I can see someone locking the back door with you inside the trailer during the middle of the night, which would be hillarious at ONSC gatherings (apparently @JohnVee has a "thing" with soiling you, or around you), but not so great when other places with strangers. Remember Kids, Stranger Danger is real

Funny, I had the same thought last week but didn't post up.....I even imagined @JohnVee and @Rice getting a group together to unhook the trailer while James was sleeping and putting it somewhere else around the barn just for laughs! Probably good to have a lock for the trailer tongue!

The RV door has a lock on the inside that cannot be overruled even with a key on the outside. Rear door could certainly be locked from the outside. And yeah I have plans to get a tongue lock as well as a wheel lock once I'm camping around people I don't know.

Barely used!

You know it's recent if it's got DYMO printed labels on it... ;)

So yesterday, 1 of 2 packages arrived from Hong Kong. The smaller package of the two - it contains the foxwing awning's enclosure. Fits neatly in a sewn carry bag. Came with tent pegs to secure it. Initial impressions are that the fabric is slightly thinner than I expected, it's a few steps thicker than the average tent rain fly - which is good. I was expecting more of a canvas feel though. Sewing looks decent though, and the edges are cut and reinforced well.

Remains to be seen how the rest of it comes out - it'll be here tomorrow. Hoping to find time on Sunday to install it.

Ok ill bite. And in the bigger package?

The foxwing itself.... all three meters of it. (which is why it's not here yet - apparently it wouldn't fit on the plane...)

apparently it wouldn't fit on the plane...)

How I imagine the plane:
PVC-Inflatable-DHL-Plane-Toy-Factory-Directly.jpg

Keep an eye on that hinge. It's not the strongest and the thin aluminum will bend easily. The Foxwing we got throught the Chinese order is much thicker and doesn't allow sunlight through.
But didn't that break? Or bend? So he really needs to be careful?

I had a choice of materials. One of which was a thicker fabric. I'll keep an eye on the hinge.

DHL decided that my package hadn't spent enough time in Cincinnati so they flew it back there.

Confirmed by dhl rep that says he can't tell me anything else because they don't work weekends there. So.... talk to you on Monday.

So the story continues. At some point last night they decided to ship my awning to Puerto Rico.

Confirmed by the DHL rep that "oops". Another 2 days I should have what's left of it....

Your awning will have a ton of frequent flier miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom