Tornado Alley Cruisers Introductions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

since I have been lurking here and was invited to the TAC meeting early February (thanks trainrech):

I have owned my '72FJ40 since December 2004 when we bought it in Arizona, pretty much sight unseen over the phone, no complaints. It got front disk brakes at Christmas right afterwards. In 2005, I wheeled it at Easter Jeep Safari and then took it to Omaha for a good lookover, and we worked on it all summer; just too many things to list here. In October 2005, I drove it back to Arizona - via Moab and another 4 days of wheeling. It is now stationed permanently in AZ (literally so, the frame is being worked on as we speak). There is just so much more opportunity out in the Southwest for wheeling and we both love the desert from the time we used to live there (check out our website). I am also scheduled to go to Cruise Moab this year, can't wait to meet all the other MUDfolk :bounce:

I am married to Michael who is also German, we both work in biomedical research, we are approaching geezerhood fast ;p and instead of children, we are raising trucks :grinpimp:

I hope I can make it to the TAC meeting (depends a bit on the weather, my little :cool: car doesn't like salt), see you all there. :cheers:

If you get into my neck of the woods, give me a holler. A little bit south of Omaha.;)

Welcome all youse new guys and gals!

Hey, you don't need "an officiial invitation" to come to the annual TornadoAlley meeting on February 4th. Heck, you don't even have to be a current Toyota or Land Cruiser owner. If you just like Toyotas, or the folks that own them, c'mon by and say hey!

Chef
TornadoAlley VP
TLCA Prez

Is anyone from the St. Louis area planning to head over for the TAC meeting on Feb 2? A caravan of 'cruisers going down the highway might look pretty interesting!:cool:

If anyone needs a place to stay that weekend, we have a basement with full bath, large TV just roll out a sleeping bag and relax (even have frig. down there for brueskies if needed).
C.Vreeland

Little Red said:
If anyone needs a place to stay that weekend, we have a basement with full bath, large TV just roll out a sleeping bag and relax (even have frig. down there for brueskies if needed).
C.Vreeland

What about if we live in the KC area but want to get away from the wife and kids???

J/K :cheers:

adam4x4 said:
What about if we live in the KC area but want to get away from the wife and kids???

J/K :cheers:

I suppose that's OK, but remember, I too have wife and kids.
cv

The other Alan

Poppin back in after gettin sidetracked for a spell.

Way back in the beginning there was this Octoberfest thing that someone started on the mailing list....

When was that...?
I'll have to check my picture archives.

Then there was GSMTR, GSMTR (Wheee), CMCC (Wet), BHCC (Now that was a storm), MOAB (My foots on fire), Rubithon (Holy Shi...) and several others I'm sure I missed.

Relocated to Sacramento somewhere between BHCC and MOAB.
Married now (Lorena) with 5 year old daughter (Arianna) and a son on the way (june 06).

I've got the tunes for every scenario.

Hi gang!:cheers:

Welcome back, Kupe! :cheers:

Hey I would like to introduce myself, I live in Lee's Summit and have a 1991 Red 4runner (sas, 36", dual detroits) and have lurked for awhile. I saw a 1997 landcruiser (grey, lift, snorkle, ARB front end) pull out of Kmart in Lee's Summit last week and got to thinking I should try and meet up with these people some time. The only problem with that is that I work almost every weekend. Anyway I'll keep checkin in to see if anything is going on that I could attend. Justin Tubb

WElcome Taildragon! Working weekends is kinda limiting, bummer:(
You need to get with Erik Christiansen, "Tornadoalleycruiser" and meet some folks...

Taildragon said:
Hey I would like to introduce myself, I live in Lee's Summit and have a 1991 Red 4runner (sas, 36", dual detroits) and have lurked for awhile. I saw a 1997 landcruiser (grey, lift, snorkle, ARB front end) pull out of Kmart in Lee's Summit last week and got to thinking I should try and meet up with these people some time. The only problem with that is that I work almost every weekend. Anyway I'll keep checkin in to see if anything is going on that I could attend. Justin Tubb

Justin,

Welcome! More than likely that was me you saw in Lee's Summit. I live in Lee's Summit as well and Erik lives in Blue Springs. Are you stalking me???

Zane

Last edited:
Welcome Justin - nice to have another 4Runner in the mix.

Well, I'll keep the thread going, since I've lurked on here a couple weeks, and noticed there were some fellow non LCs.

I'm Jason, and just north of Wichita. I have an '01 Tacoma trd dbl cab, that as of so far only sees light trail duty on private family owned land. My modest mods consist of front OEM (tundra 4x4 trd coils) OME shocks, shackle lift, metric 32s, tranny cooler, deck plate mod, optima, extended diff breather, bedbar for hi-lift and lights, grey wire mod, 2lo mod, etc, etc.

My idea of a fun time is working/modding on the truck in the shop, cutting & bruising the hands followed by some swearing, and having a cold one after it's all done. Due to my current work schedule, I'm usually working on weekends and haven't made it to any events. But I'm hoping that changes soon.

Near future mods will be sliders (to lessen the imminent damage), additional skids, and hopefully a TJM17 some day :D

Additionally, and not to jump to any conclusions (or kiss posterior), but this group seems to be the best club in the region. And I hope to make it to the runs and become a member.

Thanks, Jason

Welcome Jason!! Won't anyone here care if you're wheel'n a Tacoma vs a LC :cool:

I'm just W of Wichita and Don P is smack in the middle a town, well almost. I am absolutely NOT opposed to take'n a day off during the week to go wheel :hillbilly and Don.... well he'll retared soon and I suspect that's about all he'll be do'n then.

Hey Jason;
Everyone is welcome here. Don't have a Land Cruiser? I don't care! Don't have a Toyota? I don't care! Just bring a good attitude, and maybe some beer;) (*NO* drinking on the trail!).
You also don't have to be a member to come on a club run, tho we do think you'll join after you participate once or twice. Come to the Asher's next weekend, rig or no rig. Meet some folks, hang out, we'd love to see you there...

alan

All are welcome. All are welcome.
Wal Mart.jpg

Hey all, I talked to Debie and she said my background checked out ok! :cheers: so I can come next weekend. I'll see yall friday night and sat, for my first Tornado alley cruise. By the way, even though I will be bringing a 4runner, I do partially own a 67 fj-40 (long story, better told over a cold one) that my dad has inherited. (nice son I am in all):rolleyes: anyway see ya later Justin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom