Tornado Alley Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry about that, Boystown, Nebraska is home!

It's been almost exactly a year from my original introduction post and some things changed, so here is an update...

I sold my moded 4Runner in "as-is" state on eBay.
I bought 1997 LX450 - stock with lockers - also on eBay (I had good Texans check it for me first).
I drove it back from Huston - I loved it on-road.
I wheeled it in CO this summer, with 33's and not an inch of lift and I was amazed how well it had done off-road.

BTW Thank you Bob for letting me drool over your 80 on your drive way for 2 hours.

Right now I go through doing thorough maintenance of the truck - myself of course.
I'm done with base-line'ing fluids, cleaning intake, replacing PHH, hoses, starter contacts, fuel filter, thermostat, CDL, extending diff breathers...
Next will be belts and ignition stuff, then front axle, rear axle, cleaning lockers.
After all that is done, I will start mods: ARB, 33's, OME (I assume I will have to do u-joints before lifting).

What did not :censor: changed is :censor: amount of my :censor: free time.

Got to kick out them kids to college or something... :beer:

Some changes also

I liked the 4rnr, but the LX is awsome.

Well, I finally have weekends off! Only 7 months later, gotta love the government. I also swapped in some alcans and have arch again. I'll be getting my application for membership in very soon, and look forward to finally meeting and wheeling with y'all. I may have already meet Mr. Costello during working hours, but I'm bad with names unless I can associate them with a Toyota model.

Have a great weekend (meeee tooo!),
Jason

Hi,
My name is Craig (Jayhawk Cruiser)....I like long walks on the beach and cuddle time..oops..What the hell did I just say?.... I thought I was in therapy!...I bought a Blue 1984 FJ60 from a retired member of the group (Reid) and then...well.. I went a bit nutty. With the help of Eric Butler and Eric K. I have spent the last year or so getting the rig to a pretty good level of performance. OME, H55, 4.11's, Front and Rear Lockers, 16" rims with 33's. Eric Butler still has a 40 in pieces stored in his garage and the only rig he has driven is mine! I also bought a trailer to pull my rig on longer trips and then I completely lost my mind and bought a 26' motor home to pull it with!!!

I have a great wife Mandy (very quiet, but VERY patient!), Two terrific kids (Will just turned 5 and Mary is 2.5). Took them all to Flat n Nasty. It went ok, but we had to leave late (sick kids) and pulling with the RV was an experience the first time! I went up North of the KC airport (I can't remember the owners name) before I had the H55 or Lockers and got stuck... Will thought the alligators were going to eat us :)...I also went to AR for their rally with Eric Butler (Super Lift was a REALLY Cool Park) I have also gone to Tuttle. Everyone has been nice...I would like to see a few more wagons with mods out there and find better places to go. Flat n Nasty was fine, but it seemed either easy or scary! I guess I am not ready to totally destroy the 60 yet. Maybe a 40 is in my future, but I sure love the cargo and people room of my 60.

If you are in Lawrence, give me a call. I travel a ton for work, and if I am going some place you need to take something to or pick something up from...I will try to help.

Last edited:
Wow...I write one twisted response and noone will write after that...it wasn't that scary...was it?
sorry Craig, we're all daydreaming on what kind of cruiser parts we're getting for x-mass... Maybe I should just speak for my self.

Welcome to TAC :flipoff2: (I actually thought you posted an intro already...)

(beat you marc :D)

hey jayhawk....maybe you are a thread killer:eek: ....naaaa busy time of the year for everybody.....nice to read your intro...you were at ashers...and hopefully we wil be there again next year....

osagecruiser

help on fj55!!!!!!

wondering what a good price on a 72 fj55 is worth. Runs, 4x4 works, don't know the mileage, original motor, body is good with little rust. Interior is good. Havent' drove it but will tommorrow. Please any help is helpful. guy is asking 4500. thanks guys

without pics...hard to say...i guess it is worth what you feel comfortable paying for it...

osagecruiser

Hey guys, Zane from KCMO pointed me to the club site. I'm in Stilwell KS, about 15 miles south of Overland Park.

I have a 97 LC, mostly stock except for 285's and no running boards. It's good to find a local club - is there a mailing list for events in the area?

Most if not all events are talked about on this BB. Welcome. Justin

Howdy

Just checking in.....

84 FJ-60....very stock.

Lawrence area.

Thanks!

Nick
84_fj60_sm.jpg

Oh, and here's a pic of my 85 4Runner that I shouldn't have sold.....
85_4runner.jpg

I think I'm pretty!!!!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom