Tornado Alley Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think Jason had come to the Wichita 4x4 Club meetin las month. So we got first claim!

C Ya, Don

Chef said:
Come to the Asher's next weekend, rig or no rig. Meet some folks, hang out, we'd love to see you there...

I'd love too... but I have to work both Sat & Sun. I've been reading about Asher's and day dreaming. Like I mentioned, I'm hoping for a psuedo-promotion in the next month or two, and free weekends. (Plus I'm almost finished with my basement project!!) Hope to meet y'all soon --Jason

Hello Everyone!

Alan sent me the link to this forum this morning, so I thought I might as well introduce myself.

My name is Joe. I have been married for 7 great years to Jenny, and I have 2 children (Augustin 5 & Evelynn 2). My Toyota and LC history starts from the beginning. I grew up in a Toyota family, never owning any other brand of vehicle, until I bought my first truck (Dodge Stepside) when I joined the USMC. I inherited my first, and only, FJ40 from my father, who inherited it from his father. I spent my entire college life trying to keep it running and fix it up. Unfortunately, a young family and a broken Cruiser don't work very well together. So, I sold the rolling chassis and body to Erik C. and his friend a few years ago.

Now, given a solid income, I am looking to re-enter the Cult of Cruiser Ownership. Hopefully, I can find a project in the near future to start on. If anyone has or knows of one, please email or private message me.

I want to give a big thanks to Erik C. and the other TAC members I have emailed in the past for being exceptionally cool and helpful.

matrixops

Last edited:
howdy folks! my name is john. my wife mary and i live in st. louis. we have a border collie named trixie and have a little one due in december. my first cruiser was a 77 fj55 that i made trail worthy and proceeded to roll it. thesherpa bought it for parts. i have owned two corollas, a tercel, a celica, a 89 4x4 ext cab on 31's w/ a flatbed, a 76 and 77 fj55, 82 2wd ext cab longbed, 02 taco ext cab 4x4 3rz DD, and just purchased a 77 fj40 crustbucket. there were a coupla non-toy vehicles in there too, but that's another story! good to know that there are some other cruiserheads in MO and surrounding areas!! looking forward to meeting yas eventually.

welcome stinkbait...friend of the sherpa...he's a great guy...finally met him at ashers...good luck with the new rig

osagecruiser

well, im Geoff Morgan (pronounced Jawf)

i drive a 74 fj40, camo, doing a 4.3 vortec 4l60e dana 300 and mini toy axles with soa and 35's always run a bikini top. building the cage and tube work now.

i live in montreal mo 65591, close to seymour offroad ranch, flatnasty, potowatami and the lake of the ozarks.

tow rig is a white crew cab dually 4x4, i have a wife and 3 kids

i have a small offroad shop called ozark offroad fab. website soon to come.

im a member of several jeep clubs and on the forums on alot of others.

if your ever near this way and wanna say hi or need help call my cell 573-201-3486

I'm killing time in the hotel so I figured I'd intro myself.

Hello, name's Kris and my wife (Wendy) and I are recent transplants to Wichita, like so recent we are still in a hotel looking for a place. We moved from South Jersey after an 8 month stint with Raytheon. I'm still with Raytheon here but in a different capacity. At any rate to the important stuff, we have a '94 80 series with a few mods and others on the way. We are looking forward to meeting the nice folks out here in the midwest and wheeling KS, OK, MO and the occassional CO & UT trips.

Oh, Mike once we have our stuff delivered we'll get together on the center caps.

Cheers,
Kris

welcome ib...some really exciting events coming up in the near future...hope to see ya there

osagecruiser
(neighbor to the north)

New to the board

Dont know if other Yotas are "in" here or not, looks like most rigs are Cruisers, which is great, I am dying to get my hands on a good ol' Cruiser but use my current rig, an 85 Runner to beat on.

My name is Aaron, I live in Derby, Kansas and married going on 13 years to my wife Heather. I have 3 great kids.........even though they test my patience........they are wonderful. ;p

Again, I have an 85 Runner, Its been beat to hell and back and still keeps goin. I am on 37" MTR's, 5.29's, Spool, Detroit, Caged, tube door'd, Dual Marlin Cases, Bobbed 20+"s..........etc, etc.

mainly wheel Disney, OK and Tuttle Creek but my favorite place is ANYWHERE in Colorado.

Hope to meet some more Yota people on here and make some more "local" friends. I have already met Kris (IBCRUSN), nice guy, nice rig.

Welcome to Mud and the TAC corner. I'm just west of Wichita and always interested in finding more local Toy drivers ....... Especially ones with knowledge on Minis and Runners as I SLOWLY start a Mini/F-Toy project :hillbilly:

Welcome to Mud and the TAC corner. I'm just west of Wichita and always interested in finding more local Toy drivers ....... Especially ones with knowledge on Minis and Runners as I SLOWLY start a Mini/F-Toy project :hillbilly:

Yeah, I PM'd back and forth with you on Pirate in regards to the Formula deallie. I am FatA$$ Toyota on there.

I did not know till last night when I met Kris (IBCRUSN) that you were the same guy I had PM'd off of P4x4. I also didnt know you were in the proffesion you are. Thats cool as that is what I did before moving to Wichita. I am actually looking at getting back into it again since I will be getting laid off at Boeing soon. I am in the same field still, just in a MUCH more boring capacity. :rolleyes:

Aaron

Yeah, I PM'd back and forth with you on Pirate in regards to the Formula deallie. I am FatA$$ Toyota on there.

I did not know till last night when I met Kris (IBCRUSN) that you were the same guy I had PM'd off of P4x4. I also didnt know you were in the proffesion you are. Thats cool as that is what I did before moving to Wichita. I am actually looking at getting back into it again since I will be getting laid off at Boeing soon. I am in the same field still, just in a MUCH more boring capacity. :rolleyes:

Aaron
I remember that now I'll PM ya...

Mike

We have several folks in the club wheelin' minis (including my 83) and an 85 4Runner that may see its first action at DSR later this month (right Randy??).

Bob

85 4Runner that may see its first action at DSR later this month (right Randy??).

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sure.

Hey Aaron, like Bob said I'm in the process of building up a Rusty 85' 4Runner I picked up a year ago. You and I have traded a few PM's right after I got it. I think it was through the TK Forum.

Welcome to the board.

For those of you you who know me well enough, I have canceled my climbing trip to Arkansas this weekend so that I can work on the 4Runner. This represents a major shift in my proriorities ;) :crybaby: :)

Hello all, my name is Dan, I live in Columbia, MO and have no idea where to go wheeling around here, but would love for someone to introduce me to some good spots. I just bought an '86 FJ60, have yet to pick it up, but it's my first cruiser(I had an 87 4runner for a couple months) and hope to have some fun with it.

Hello Im Lars. I drive what my kids call the "crapcruiser" :confused: I like to think of it as a work of art. Im married to Abbie, for seven wonderful years and we have three kids, Gavin (5) Baylee (4) Rowan (5 months). I bought my first cruiser in May and now have two. Im excited to do more and to get to know all of you!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom