Tool Roll Project (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All tool rolls should have been delivered by today, I will work on getting material and supplies for the next batch, I have enough request to start the process, thanks for all the support and great feedback.

I will continue with other projects and answer any questions about this one.

Dude, Got mine yesterday. Unbelievable how nice it is. I know you say you are just an amateur or whatever but this thing is excellent.

Question: Anyone have a line on where to get the "correct" tools for it?

Dude, Got mine yesterday. Unbelievable how nice it is. I know you say you are just an amateur or whatever but this thing is excellent.

Question: Anyone have a line on where to get the "correct" tools for it?
I have been asked about tools a lot, and will let you know were I got my information,

You do have a choice of tools there are the modern version of the tool like pictured below or you can find the more to original wooden handle screw drivers that are still available, but not with the TOYOTA name on it.

I believe they were made by KTC, along with much of the tools for Toyota.

Here is a great place to start your research: Refurbishing an Early Tool Roll follow the links, make sure you have a lot a time, this is some great information.

IMG_7610.JPG

The drivers in the above picture are from Vessel and they also made blonde colored wood handles at one time - those may be available from Japan but JDV Products (US vendor for Vessel) does not have them in stock . I wish Toyota and others would stop putting those stupid stickers on the tool - it's pretty tough to get off and not damage the lacquer finishes ...
Sarge

Beauty.

Got a link or info on how to get those KTC drivers ?
Hopefully , the cross headed ones are JIS standard...I'd assume that's the case if they are made in Japan .
Sarge

Slow day here at my office, so I'll provide the links:

I used Kouguyanopro Rakuten Ichiba:

KTC MD-75
KTC MD-150
KTC PD-1
KTC PD-2
KTC PD-3

I also bought a One-Hand hammer (HK-05 - too small), a Spanner set (ST206) and the smallest grease gun (KTC G-80 - too small) & bent nozzel (G-190NC KTC).

DSC05098.jpg

Tool roll starting to fill up some, I received my first shipment of tools from Japan today. All from Japan except the KTC clip from a very kind Mudder who gave it to me. ;) Working on locating/ordering the wooden handle drivers now.
20160225_120015.jpg

Yamada grease pump on order and coming from Yamada in the next couple of weeks.

Looks great! I like the wooden handled Drivers!

I borrowed a wooden handled driver (actual 1964 tool roll issued) from my buddy one day (18 years ago) ... drove away with it on the fender... didn't realize until i was 20 min down the road... probably still embedded in the dirt/mud someplace near his house... EVERY time i would go to his house i would try to look extra careful ... never found

boy that was upsetting to remember :bang:

Tool roll starting to fill up some, I received my first shipment of tools from Japan today. All from Japan except the KTC clip from a very kind Mudder who gave it to me. ;) Working on locating/ordering the wooden handle drivers now.
View attachment 1214828

Yamada grease pump on order and coming from Yamada in the next couple of weeks.

Can you advise on where you are ordering from ??? I would like to order some tools. Thanks.

Can you advise on where you are ordering from ??? I would like to order some tools. Thanks.

Here is the absolute best place to use for all sorts of tool info: Refurbishing an Early Tool Roll follow the links/part numbers there. As Tanker said be to set aside a lot a time, this is some great information.

I have had to order from multiple sources to try to complete the entire kit. I have also found a few items on ebay. Just a forewarning when ordering from Japan, shipping is pretty brutal. The cost for shipping alone was $50 for a small box that included the tools shown above in my previous post.

I believe the HK-10 hammer should be the right size - it's 15.8733 ounces . The HK-15 weighs in at 28.2192 ounces , pretty heavy...?
Put in an order for quite a few screwdrivers - including a set of the dark wood KTC in both minus (straight blade) and plus (+ is JIS cross) .
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/mutsuura/item/10014761/
Kouguyanopro Rakuten Ichiba | Rakuten Global Market: Wooden handle driver cross penetration type D12P2-2 KTC (Kyoto machinery)

Drove me nuts digging through their website and trying to use the search engine - all the terms for tools are quite different in Japan .

Sarge

terms for tools are quite different in Japan .

So you found your way to the "One handed hammer"? Or, my personal favorite the "Couple big hammer #3"..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom