Tojo 64 resto mod build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've already lost the the spare tire carrier and large window carb to a fellow mud member. The parts I don't use will eventually be offered up on here

Last edited:
Do your thang, man! Restos ain't fer everyone! Oh and rattle gun is an air gun that takes a socket. Vroom!

THere's a fella called @tfa12720 who's after a few choice parts!

I'll try to get out in the garage and see what I have. If it had it when I got the rig it'll be here... somewhere. Haha

Just checked my frame vin and found my Fj is a March manufacture date. I just thought it was cool due to my daughters birth last week.

IMG_7826.JPG

Spent a ton of time starting to reorganize my garage today.

Also painted frame with Eastwood 2k gloss chassis paint. I don't like the gloss or the coverage (used 4 cans) so I ordered more today. Satin sheen. Tips with this stuff is to setup your substrate so you can keep the can vertical. Very nice product from what I can tell thus far.

Also ordered up a 4x4 labs sag box kit, weld through primer, brake clean, and put a sag box on hold at the local Napa.

IMG_7844.JPG

IMG_7845.JPG

IMG_7846.JPG

What are you going to do about that missing chunk of the frame?

The hole is actually an optical illusion from the light reflecting off of the gloss finish. Although i do have plans to do some repairs on the back of the frame. Ill tie the rear most frame portion in with the ruff stuff frame box kit.

The severe pitting there in the back section of the frame makes the smooth portion reflect more light and appear to be a void.

Fj62 box that I thought I had lost was found today too. I'm sure someone here could use it. Into the "sell pile" it goes.

A week later and minimal progress on the 40. Lots of fun in house with my angel though.

Eastwood package showed today and I couldn't help but hit the garage. Told my step daughter a coat of paint and then off to the park. Which we did. And which it rained on us. What can u expect though up here.

We got back, paint dry to the touch so I assembled. Very durable stuff. I really like Eastwood and will be buying more from them in the future. In total 6 cans was suitable for two solid coats. I used a faceshield respirator. Buy one if you get the chance. Wish I had it on my last project while doing the raptorliner. 70 some odd grade 10.9 yellow zinc bolts later... she looks beautiful. To me at least. Which is all that matters I suppose.

Emailed Luke from 4x4 labs and the sag kit should have shipped yesterday/today.

Napa dropped the ball on me on the steering box. I plan to walk in somewhere; either napa or O'reillys local. Get what I need ordered up and hope it shows before I'm ready to do the box kit install.

Lastly arranged my sbc350 block and parts. Ready to go out to my brother in laws shop to be machined/washed all that jazz and get some aluminum heads.

IMG_7877.JPG

IMG_7879.JPG

IMG_7876.JPG

If you look closely you may see some of the putting caused by the rust. I wanted to leave it. For some reason I like seeing that history. This build isn't meant to be perfect, but perfect to me.

Used ratchet straps to get it "perfectly square" prior to tightening everything down. Every bolt is accessible from center frame so I'll check on the bolts down the road and note any loosening issues here.

IMG_7880.JPG

IMG_7892.JPG

IMG_7895.JPG

Played with the rear box kit from ruff stuff. Shot primer on inside in preparation of weldment.

Maybe it's just due to my frame year, but the front contour didn't match well with the inner frame rail. No big deal. Just requires some trimming.

IMG_7881.JPG

IMG_7883.JPG

IMG_7884.JPG

Make sure you document that rear box install; that is useful tech.

Is there a reason you are doing this before installing the rear crossmember?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom