TJM Sump and Transmission Guard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got the TJM's in, I went to install them Saturday and noticed that I didn't put the OEM bolts back in when I removed the OEM "splash guard" :mad: FYI: Toyota doesn't call it a skid plate, it's a "Engine #2 Cover", which I found interesting.

Does anybody know the size/pitch/thread for the plastic guard? My trans skid bolts are pretty much round at this point from being dragged on rocks, any tips on removing them? The heads are mushroomed, and the are not round.

I have the same issue haven't had a chance to get under the truck and do anymore digging. Check out Slee's install guide they have a lot of bolt dimensions in their guide that might be useful. I looked in the FSM but it's a generic part #, I can't find one with the pitch / lengths ...

http://sleeoffroad.com/installation/100series_skidplates.pdf

You might have to drill into them and then use a bolt extractor. I'm saving my pennies to get one of these: http://www.irwin.com/tools/screw-bolt-extractors/35-pc-screw-extractor-drill-bit-set . I already got a metric tap set from Irwin also.

Found all these while searching for underside protection. One of them should be useful.

unterfahrschutztlcattra.jpg

unterfahrschutztlc100fr.jpg

unterfahrschutzfrontski.jpg

skisplatedrawinglow.jpg

tjmtrans3of3.png

showimagecd.jpg

I had a similar thing happening.
After loosing the huard I had only half of the bolts left.
Luckily I had some spare bolts laying around and a couple fitted.

I installed mine and carelessly dragged my 100 through the rocks of Windrock. Needless to say they held up to me dropping the truck on them with no struggle. Does anybody know if TJM makes a front skid plate? My front OEM skid is so bent up that it was very difficult to install the TJM due to nothing lining up anymore.

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

TJM doesn't make front plate.

TJM doesn't make front plate.

I think for front plate options is to go Slee (Alu / Steel options), ASFIR (but requires a modifications to fit properly), BumpItOffroad(maybe?) are the ones I can think of that are available state side.

Bought these last month and installed them last week.

I put them on for a test fit, marked them for drilling holes to attach the two plates together (per instructions), marked a hole to cut for drain plug access, drilled, primed, painted and reinstalled.

This weekend I dropped the 100 onto some rocks and they held up very well. Very impressed for just over $200.

Thanks to TJM and thanks to Jonesy's Offroad.

Before and After: Pardon the flat black on top of glossy. :D

skids.jpg

Skids after.jpg

Last edited:
does anyone have these skids with a slee or BIO diff drop? im looking at ordering these but i need to know if they will work with my slee diff drop

I just pulled mine to clean up, and replace my lower controls arms.

Needless to say, for $200 I can't complain. After 5 or 6 trips they are still holding strong. They may not be "heavy duty", but they can take a thrashing with me behind the wheel. Even if you don't wheel, I would get a set, it's just a nice to have the protection.

image-24846504.jpg

image-1868329492.jpg

image-2559313988.jpg

Did other people's line up like this? It seems like there is a big gap between the two skid plates. I have bolted them together yet. Is the one supposed to bend this much?

[STRIKE]Also, I've given up on trying to get the oem front skid plate nuts to line up with the TJMs. It seems like if your factory skid is bent at all there's no hope. I got them attached.[/STRIKE] Forgot that I didn't have the spacers on the front 3 bolts of the oem skid plate.

image-75904341.jpg

image-3648693025.jpg

image-4185591452.jpg

does anyone have these skids with a slee or BIO diff drop? im looking at ordering these but i need to know if they will work with my slee diff drop

I just installed them with the diff drop. They work but seem to take away more ground clearance than they need to. There is a big gap between the torsion bars and skid plate.

image-3615317425.jpg

image-75904341.jpg

image-3648693025.jpg

image-4185591452.jpg

image-3615317425.jpg

Last edited:
There is only one for the LC100 on their website, van't remember the number. Take the "N" one, that is a valve with a nipple so you can slip a hose through the drain hol in the sump plate and attach it to the valve.

Hey guys,
Been waiting since mid September for my paid order of TJM sump / transmission guard from Jonesy's Offroad, but there seems to be a problem with availability as of last e-mail exchange a week ago and no further info as of now...
Do you know who has them in stock?

Hey guys, Been waiting since mid September for my paid order of TJM sump / transmission guard from Jonesy's Offroad, but there seems to be a problem with availability as of last e-mail exchange a week ago and no further info as of now... Do you know who has them in stock?

I emailed and called Shawn with no response a few weeks ago. I am looking for a replacement. Although my email wasn't aimed at TJM skids.

FYI - My TJM skids are trashed already. They are so bent if I remove them I will never be able to get them back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom