Tires for 75 series, 265 or 285??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For general off-road, I say choose a diameter and then choose an aspect ratio between 75-85 and you'll be fine. You want enough sidewall but not too much sidewall. Sidewall is also the weakest part of the tire.

That's a hell of a trip; sounds like it was a good time. 👍

I think the main issue here is that no matter what the data suggests - and we can get any and all of that we want, and show how it proves any claim we wish - we're still at an aesthetic debate; I may be wrong about that, but that's my read of the original post. There are some small and basic concerns about functionality that are present, but this is mostly a looks question. And if that's the case, the most-correct answer is to buy what subjectively looks best. Performance and function are secondary.

And also: that's the most widely-available tire size? I never knew that!
ahhh, estetix...

1701438988237.png

Pretty good reference chart for size comparisons to the original 7.50R16. Of course I'm sure there are variations across brands.

FWIW, I have recently learned that there are tubes made specifically for radial tires. That opens up the option of using tubeless type, radial tires on the OEM rims.

Just some references from an old thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom