Third Annual Southeast 70 Series Meet & Greet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For the first time, this event will have formal sponsors (aka ... Resources) which will allow us to do things we weren't previously able to do. One of those things will be a group meal and raffle on Saturday night. This is where the free "registration process" comes into play. In order to reserve a room or arrange catering, we'll need a fairly accurate headcount so please take time to register.
Thank you......

MESSAGE FROM A 70 SERIES "SPECIAL NEEDS" ATTENDEE

I FLEW and LIKED IT :bounce::bounce2:

I flew to Atlanta and rented a car to get to Cullman for the first event. Yes, I owned a 70 Series at the time but couldn't get away for time required to drive from Seattle to Alabama, but wanted/needed to be there.

Yes, it would have been nice to wheel my rig, but my primary objective was social and I got plenty of that. Met many friends in person for the first time and a made a bunch of new ones.

Lets face it, we are a national/global tribe and sometimes the driving can get in the way of getting together. If you are too far to drive or too short on time, consider a fly/ride vs. drive/wheel attendance at the 3rd Annual 70 Series Meet n Greet. You will not be disappointed.

See the wheeling snapshot from 2015 event below. Let's find some frequent flyer miles, @Delancy @woody @fireball @torfab @coldtaco @bjowett @AlbertoSD @PNWScooby @New2Cruiser @Uzjgaspowered @mmcinnis @billybongo63 @Bob Richards @speycaster @WhistlePig @joekatana @GreaseMonkeyJP @bj70_guy @CRZR45 @FJ73Texas @ca18sean @jblueridge @Diesel Cruiserman @JuanJ @beno @gkanai (I know, lots of miles) @cruiserdan @cruiseroutfit @NGray @eman375 @c2dfj45 @61Mk+

Yee haw :cheers:

upload_2017-7-5_9-14-26.png

Last edited:
For the first time, this event will have formal sponsors (aka ... Resources) which will allow us to do things we weren't previously able to do. One of those things will be a group meal and raffle on Saturday night. This is where the free "registration process" comes into play. In order to reserve a room or arrange catering, we'll need a fairly accurate headcount so please take time to register.
Thank you......
Link to event 3rd Annual 70 Series Southeast Meet 'n Greet

Did Charles mention the price????????

upload_2017-7-5_10-23-15.png

Spending time with friends (both old and new) + 70 Series galore + scenic trails + good food + a raffle (courtesy of our sponsors) + free registration. ......... Anyway you cut it, that's a lot of pluses. :)

A number of us will be staying at a Comfort Inn in Oakridge, TN. If you chose to do so, reservations can be made at
(865) 481-8200. Be sure to mention this event and the fact that you will be visiting Windrock to receive a reduced room rate.

Thinking about making the trip but since this is more a social event then a wheeling event it would be good to see where most people are staying,who is on the campground and who is gonna be in a hotel in the neighbourhood ?

Thinking about making the trip but since this is more a social event then a wheeling event it would be good to see where most people are staying,who is on the campground and who is gonna be in a hotel in the neighbourhood ?
Sam Houston (@elkaholic) plans to make multiple scouting trips prior to the event to map out suitable trails. Between Friday and Saturday of last year we spent approximately 5-7 hours per day on trails. Perhaps we should start a "where are you staying" section on this thread. The distance between the Comfort Inn and the campground was relatively short. We are working at a steady pace to clear up the remaining logistical issues.
Hope you make it ......

Are the cabins nice? Sounds like a good option to be close to the trails and also have running water and a toilet.

Are the cabins nice? Sounds like a good option to be close to the trails and also have running water and a toilet.
865-435-1251 for camping info.

Alright , I am registered.... cant wait to smell and hear you all coming down the trail.....

865-435-1251 for camping info.

This is the same wheeling location as last year, correct? Was looking for first hand info. The cabins look nice online, only a few bucks more than the Comfort Inn which looks to be 15' away. The cabins also have a mini kitchen and a picnic table at which to sit and drink beer and tell lies.

Mini Deluxe Cabins - Windrock Park

We rented one of the new cabins in May for GSMTR. There are 3 or 4 new cabins fairly close to the general store and the gun range. I thought that the one we had was very nice but basic. It was clean and well maintained. The only surprise was the party deck out back. Deck was very large with a picnic table, a couple of wood chairs and a swing on the rear porch. The upstairs bedroom and bath was geared for two, while the downstairs bedroom had two queens with twin sized bunks. Not ideal privacy; two bedrooms downstairs would have been a better fit.

All in all; The cabin was very nice with plenty of parking space too. But you do pay for it (we had the cabin for the full week of GSMTR).

We rented one of the new cabins in May for GSMTR. There are 3 or 4 new cabins fairly close to the general store and the gun range. I thought that the one we had was very nice but basic. It was clean and well maintained. The only surprise was the party deck out back. Deck was very large with a picnic table, a couple of wood chairs and a swing on the rear porch. The upstairs bedroom and bath was geared for two, while the downstairs bedroom had two queens with twin sized bunks. Not ideal privacy; two bedrooms downstairs would have been a better fit.

All in all; The cabin was very nice with plenty of parking space too. But you do pay for it (we had the cabin for the full week of GSMTR).
Larry, Thanks for the information and insight.

I would like to offer a special thanks to our sponsors.

Rob Smith (Odd Iron Off Road) .... OddIronOffRoad.com
Steve Jackson (Land Cruisers Direct) .... @SteveJackson
Ward Harris (Cruiser Brothers & Terrain Tamer Installing Shops) @wardharris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom