Builds The "Red Rocket" Troopy (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the door is available from amayama or megazip. Check this pn, 67006-60152 Needs to be verified, but I think it is the one for the door. Some folks on here have ordered the RH door new from middle east sources.

The correct part number he should get for the smaller LH door is 67006-60142. Not -60152.

The RH (larger) door part number is 60751-60071.

Last edited:
I think the door is available from amayama or megazip. Check this pn, 67006-60152 Needs to be verified, but I think it is the one for the door. Some folks on here have ordered the RH door new from middle east sources.
I'll check it out thank you.
That's sucks man, hope it get taken care of
Yeaaaaaa, no one wins in this situation :/ appreciate it though!
That’s a lot of damage. Hope you got all the insurance information! My daughter just got scraped in our tundra and it’s been a month and getting any info from their insurance has been a pain.

Good luck! That sucks
Car crashes are such a pain, I feel horrible for my dad who has had to deal with all the insurance info from my prior 2 crashes when ppl have run out in front of me.
Never fun to deal with this. If it were me I would get a few estimates from reputable shops. Then with money in hand from the Jeep owner I would try and do most of the work myself. I would reach out to some of the Mud vendors @Eco 45 & @joekatana come to mind they may have a frame that they could cut that rear crossmember out of and or maybe a door for you.
Any competent welder could cut that out and replace it. If your not a purest it could be replaced with a piece of channel.
Also Cruiser Outfitters has really nice bumper for the 70 series now might be the time to look into that.
Cheers and good luck with the repairs ;)
That's exactly what I was gonna try to do, II just saw as I am writing this that Onur has the part number for a new rear cross-member, so I'll go with that vs the red rocket looking like it had a bunch of Southern America work done to it.
I have a BJ75 troopy sitting in Europe that will be stripped down but that is going to take a while before I can get that here and I haven't seen it yet so no idea about the general conditon of it.
Might take you up on that, just depends on how long it will take to get here. If I get a LH door before then and the RH door on this troopy is kinda beat up and rusty I might still want it to cut it and make half doors in the rear with my current LH one that is crumpled kinda. If it's in great condition though I wouldn't want to cut it obviously.
Also, the rear cross member is available as a separate part. Cut old one out, weld new one in.

51209-60101
This is great info, I would have never thought you could still get a new rear cross member to weld right in, awesome!
Everything else readily available: lights, glass, decals, emblems, etc.

It's just money. Chop-chop.
I might get the "normal" lights from cruiser outfitters to go ahead and convert it... and so the next time I get rear-ended I won't have to worry about all of this. I really appreciate the links and might PM you later if I can't find anything else on my own.

If anyone has a crappy RH door let me know, I'd love to make rear half doors out of my current crushed one and someones other beat up and rusty one.

umm...not really what I had in mind when I said you needed to do something about your rear bumper. Bummer.

Glad no one was hurt--definitely the most important thing. Hopefully you got the insurance info of the dope who hit you? That's where the money should come from, for sure.

Is the rear door sill area OK (on the body)? That would be more of a pain to straighten than anything else. The rest of it's all bolt-on (except the rear cross member, which is a not-too-complicated welding job).

Once you get all the bent and broken sh*t off of it, you'll see it doesn't look too bad and you can commence to putting it all back together with new stuff.

Better, stronger, faster. nananananana........

Just weld about 200 lbs of angle iron to surprise the next Jeep guy. 😊
Might actually do that... I've wanted a bumper for a while that is just really beefy and that I could eventually add my own DIY spare tire carrier, etc etc. I'd like the next time someone rear-ends me ending up with their radiator exploding and my bumper having a little bit of paint scratch.
I'd also measure the body lower crossmember (where the door latches) and the door mounts for squareness.
Maybe throw it on a frame jig to make sure it didn't tweak anything else.
I wouldn't settle for anything less than perfection if it was 100% someone else's fault.
Yes for sure, definitely gonna get on that.
umm...not really what I had in mind when I said you needed to do something about your rear bumper. Bummer.

Glad no one was hurt--definitely the most important thing. Hopefully you got the insurance info of the dope who hit you? That's where the money should come from, for sure.

Is the rear door sill area OK (on the body)? That would be more of a pain to straighten than anything else. The rest of it's all bolt-on (except the rear cross member, which is a not-too-complicated welding job).

Once you get all the bent and broken sh*t off of it, you'll see it doesn't look too bad and you can commence to putting it all back together with new stuff.

Better, stronger, faster. nananananana........
Yeaaa quite the bummer, atleast the saggy rear bumper has been taken care of. Very glad no one was hurt, like I said being in a Land Cruiser in a crash just feels like bumpercars haha. Insurance and payment is all sorted. I believe it's just the door itself that's messed up, it was open straight out during the crash cause I had my paddleboarding hanging out the rear of it. We were able to bend enough metal to get the other bumper out, it's still bad, but I was much more upset to start out with because I thought there was no way that anyone sold the factory rear cross members, yet there came Onur to the rescue with the part number. Didn't want the troopy to have some sketchy looking Southern America looking frame and weld job.
IMG_7303.jpg

On a happier note though right before tragedy struck I got to paddleboard with dolphins, a pretty awesome experience rather than my annual jellyfish sting. They were curious and one actually knocked me off my board! Regardless of the damage done to the Red Rocket, it'll be able to pull through and continue to give me the opportunity to have these awesome experiences.

EDS_2889.jpg

EDS_3027.jpg

6E81AA50-FADE-41B1-B226-0ADF71577A73.jpg

B8B136D2-F3E7-4E3F-9412-FBCCED47403A.jpg

FE755F1F-AAB2-4A88-923F-2EA7F65D3626.jpg

Glad you are OK ! Best of luck with your BJ75 . Not easy/cheap to find body/chassis parts here in Europe . Hope you find them there in USA .

Got some new lights in place of where the funky Euro stuff was! Thank god my dad is an electrical engineer because without him I would have been lost with all of the splicings that had to be done just to get them to work. Just so happy that I can finally drive it around again. While it was out of commission I smelled gear oil around my passenger side drum brake, took it off, and figured out why my braking felt a bit compromised. Gear oil was everywhere inside that drum. Guess I'm gonna need to get myself a rear axle seal and some bearings to go with it. Also if you couldn't tell I went all out and bought myself a new fancy rear bumper, there goes my turbo funds I guess...

IMG_7550.jpg

IMG_7551.jpg

Last edited:
While you are decorating your new bumper you should do something along these lines. In your case, just insert the Jeep emblem. 😊

BA2F381E-CFAE-44ED-A185-C52EA6032ADA.jpeg

C165025C-C624-46AC-8834-8606C77DDF9E.jpeg

Absolutely genius, with the way drivers are around here I'll be an Ace in no time. Jeep, after Jeep, after Jeep.
You’ll just need a scarf and goggles. 😊

Got some new lights in place of where the funky Euro stuff was! Thank god my dad is an electrical engineer because without him I would have been lost with all of the splicings that had to be done just to get them to work. Just so happy that I can finally drive it around again. While it was out of commission I smelled gear oil around my passenger side drum brake, took it off, and figured out why my braking felt a bit compromised. Gear oil was everywhere inside that drum. Guess I'm gonna need to get myself a rear axle seal and some bearings to go with it. Also if you couldn't tell I went all out and bought myself a new fancy rear bumper, there goes my turbo funds I guess...

View attachment 2635518
View attachment 2635522
only better bumper would be a piece of drift wood bolted up. The tail lights look good!

Wait I thought the jeep Guy that hit you was going to pay for the damages?

only better bumper would be a piece of drift wood bolted up. The tail lights look good!
I actually test fitted a couple of smaller pieces of drift wood, didn't work out so we went with the old fence post.
Wait I thought the jeep Guy that hit you was going to pay for the damages?
He is, he's a friend of a friend and in the same situation I am (being a broke teenager) so any work we can do on our own we are going to do, to save him any money. The bigger jobs and fancier stuff like welding the new cross member in will be done professionally, along with new paint on the new door.

If you decide not to go with a new Uber bumper of some kind, I've got a pair of used OEM bumper halves that I'll donate if you'll use them. I'll even pay for shipping, just to get them to a good home. They're Australian, so don't have the taillights in them. I don't have any brackets, and I don't have the aluminum center step piece, but, hey, whaddya want for free? Anyway, if you're interested, PM me.

If you decide not to go with a new Uber bumper of some kind, I've got a pair of used OEM bumper halves that I'll donate if you'll use them. I'll even pay for shipping, just to get them to a good home. They're Australian, so don't have the taillights in them. I don't have any brackets, and I don't have the aluminum center step piece, but, hey, whaddya want for free? Anyway, if you're interested, PM me.
I'm always surprised and impressed with how most all interactions with people on mud are and just how friendly everyone is but this, this is next level. PM is about to be sent :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom