the DSRTRDR is getting some TLC . . . (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You guys have totally screwed this truck up. Now it's WAY TOO NICE to take anywhere but the garage.

I agree, but bet it will still get wheeled, did suggest mounts for branch clippers!:hillbilly:

passed emissions again :bounce:

Just read this front to back. what a great job and story. really like the side steps. I put a h55 in my cruiser last year. I have 35" tires and 4.88 gears and feel that it really struggles up hill on the highway. you said you liked the 5 speed. What gears you running? wonder if that makes the difference?

sorry for the delayed reply: stock 4.11 gears

The stock filler elbow was too short. The neck measures ~2-1/8", best we could find was 2-1/4".
View attachment 949744

With that solved, snatched it out and gave it a full spray bomb.
View attachment 949745

The main vent line is 14mm at the tank, 12mm at the neck, used 9/16" fuel hose, worked.
View attachment 949747

All of the small vents on the tank are 8mm, some on the vapor separator are 10mm, so used 5/16" or 3/8" as needed, worked.
View attachment 949748

May make a cover, or not.
View attachment 949749

I am having some trouble using this exact CCOT tank on my early 1967 FJ40. Since my truck has an SBC 350 engine, I am not certain if those three "vent tube" near the filler neck are supposed to be capped off? or Vented somehow? Currently, the filler neck just fills up with fuel, and barely trickles into the tank. Any idea what I should do with those three vent tubes? Block off, or route out the cab with check valves? Thanks!!

Claudia- how's that H55? Worth the hype? I still dream of one but if I go with a H55 I might go all in on a Vortec V8.

passed emissions again today :bounce: :grinpimp: good for another year :steer:

Claudia- how's that H55? Worth the hype? I still dream of one but if I go with a H55 I might go all in on a Vortec V8.

sorry I missed your post in May:

yes, I really like the H55 - the granny gear is good for wheeling, and the 5th for the highway - the motor doesn't scream as much anymore :cool:

yup, passed emission again today :bounce:

Hey Claudia. How long are you guys in town for? Tom

yup, passed emission again today :bounce:

and yes, it passed emissions again today :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

[I was apprehensive since the first emissions try last year was a no-go, and then Kevin (Tools R Us) adjusted the carb just so, by ear :cool: - alas, this year, there's no Kevin anymore :frown:]

Hey Claudia. Yeah I really miss Kevin too. He was a true wiz mechanically. Spoke to John @inkpot recently and want to get the ‘76 in to him. Bought a new house in Surprise but still up in Prescott in the weekends. Hope all is well. Tom

Hey Claudia. Yeah I really miss Kevin too. He was a true wiz mechanically. Spoke to John @inkpot recently and want to get the ‘76 in to him. Bought a new house in Surprise but still up in Prescott in the weekends. Hope all is well. Tom

Surprise must be work related. In the valley way to much this summer. If all our family wasn't here doubt would keep the house in the valley. So John is continuing with shop?

Surprise must be work related. In the valley way to much this summer. If all our family wasn't here doubt would keep the house in the valley. So John is continuing with shop?
Yes John. Spoke to him a few weeks ago. Yes work in Central Phoenix near 16th Street and Thomas. Much nicer drive in from Surprise than Casa Grande. Seems less traffic coming into Phoenix from the North during the week than coming in from the South/East part of town. I usually go North each weekend.

yes, we are doing fine - masks and isolating

:cheers:

Glad to see your 40 is still on the road Claudia. It has been a few years since we have seen each other. Maybe next year at CM?

Last edited:
yeah, we never sell anything :lol:

we really want to go to Cruise Moab again - in the last few years, work has always interfered :mad:

Last edited:
and yes, it passed emissions again today :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

[I was apprehensive since the first emissions try last year was a no-go, and then Kevin (Tools R Us) adjusted the carb just so, by ear :cool: - alas, this year, there's no Kevin anymore :frown:]

unfortunately, it failed this year, at first :frown:

so I took it to an old school guy in town who did a good tune-up on it

yesterday it passed :bounce:

unfortunately, it failed this year, at first :frown:

so I took it to an old school guy in town who did a good tune-up on it

yesterday it passed :bounce:
Claudia: I just finished reading your "Spa Thread" from front to back. What an amazing story! The attention to detail and the ability to fabricate anything and solve any problem with ease, made me envious. As a bonus, it was wonderful to see your humor throughout.
Take care.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom