The Coleman Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace are you serious about the fuel? What kind of wax?

Simple green is the traditional wash up. Any car wax will protect the paint. But it's not big deal. No wax, the paint last 30 years, wax, the paint lasts the rest of your life.

I mostly scrub things out with simple green, wax once, and forget about it.

My Coleman Cat Heater, 5000BTU. It was working last time I tried it, 20 years ago. Pops gave it to me at that time. No idea how old it actually is.

IMG_20150516_082934143.jpg

Last edited:
So that 426C is awesome. A bit of oil in the pump and it fired to life.

I was looking around and saw some coleman chef Trays that look really cool, but from a bit of research, it looks like they do not fit the 426C, but only the d's and later. Is that true?
367c704adfb507d03435e9cb6df0bdc6.jpg
cheftrays013.jpg

I don't think they fit all the "D"s either, but only the early ones with the diamond cut outs in the case and boxed/welded corners. They fit the Early 413Gs as well.

The "chef trays" are not a common item. Where did you see them? I've seen them on ebay occasionally.

Looking at those pics, it looks like the trays will fit later 426Ds.

Why don't they fit C's???

The shape of the edge of the box.

better be quick!

Anybody ever find homebrew boxes for their lanterns?
I want one for mine but don't want a blow mold plastic unit. I'd love to see some examples of vintage home built boxes.

My first 200a had a homebrew box. Kinda cool actually.

I just fired up my 1984 288a this past weekend for the first time since probably 1989. I installed two mantles and it fired right up and worked as if it were new. I was shocked!
I have three stoves that I now need to check the vintage of. One is a 3 burner that I bought at a swap and shop and I have no idea of its age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom