The Beer Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beer while making food (top two pics), and then had a "taste test" on the BA Jai Alai vs regular Jai Alai while I was eating it.

20170826_105349 - Copy.jpg
20170826_105837 - Copy.jpg
20170827_154106.jpg

how is the Jai Alai (both varieties)? I am enjoying their lager as of late....

Its probably my favorite beer right now that I can easily get and drink in volume :) . Very sweet, but nice bitter hops offset.

One of the best Stone Beers I've ever had..... their 14th anniversary re-release is amazing.

20170830_212227.jpg

Had this tonight.

20170903_220518.jpg

Last few nights went to 580 and drank a lot of stuff to include this, which was OK on tap:

Also some Mikkeller Haze Cadet (OK), and a pint of Resin Sixpoints - still good stuff, I can tell ya!

Also some Mikkeller Haze Cadet (OK), and a pint of Resin Sixpoints - still good stuff, I can tell ya!
Scandinavian Airlines flights offer a proprietary Mikkeller beer. Watched a pretty cool little promotional video about it detailing how Mikkeller felt the need to compensate, in the brewing process, for the effects of altitude on taste. Might have been a bunch of hooey but it made for a way to kill another 10 minutes on my flight overseas last week. I had planned to try one but the meal disagreed with way too many of us to risk putting anything else in my stomach at 40k feet.

Another tasty mikkeller ..... at least at 931' elevation ;)

Waves (ipa)
IMG_3613.JPG

And some more pint cans that have found their way home in last couple
Weeks.
IMG_3564.JPG

IMG_3610.JPG

How you like that Gang of Blades, Jason? I have enjoyed each IPA from Burial, but they are few and far between and hard to get :)

Have not tried. Its in the fridge at home waiting :)

Bottle shop was supposed to get in a bunch of burial hawksbill ipa tomorrow at 2.....may have to go see what else
Comes in.

Didnt get much further than this one last time i was home......lets just say it may be best to enjoy with a meal lol

IMG_3615.JPG
IMG_3616.JPG

Meanwhile i had a hard time believing this was "right" when it was the first pour outta the keg but quite good indeed

Evil Twin --- all i know is i dont know nothing ipa

Looked like straight grapefruit juice
IMG_3600.JPG

so that first one was quite bitter I gather?

or you didn't want it with meals due to the lack of bottling date LOL

Neither....

Thas best bottling date ive seen in a while 8/5/17..... new source

Suggested it WITH meals for the 11.3% and easy drinkability. Not bitter at all even though listed as 133 ibu.

That Evil Twin is killing me - looks amazing.

Had to skip our monthly club meeting for an event with my local bar club - - they had a potluck for me and another guy on Wed for our birthdays :)

Drank several things and had some amazing food!

Drinks:

I had the Clown Shoes Josh the Guava King on tap and, honestly, it wasn't as good as in the can - crazy I know - those who like it less sweet would disagree. Also had the Clown Shoes Blaecorn Unidragon stout - very tasty!!

Brought home some interesting stuff:

Had a Mikkeller Hazy Fuentes tonight. Man it smells weird - maybe like you would expect a woman named Hazy Fuentes? I didn't say "bad" by the way :)

I also got a bottle of the Dr. Lupulin from Revision. Found out that the brewer there was from Knee Deep - oh my, another Knee Deep !!

I've been picking up 21st Amendment variety pack from the Harris Teeter. I love this collection and the Blah Blah Blah IPA is wicked good. I need to branch out into the more expensive stuff. A few times I've picked up some craft bottles and it was just expensive sh!t. I've had two beers from Deep River that were so bad I considered tossing them.

I found out that the only beer I "like/love" from Deep River was the Unicorn Tears and it was a collab with a borrowed recipe. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom