Builds The Architect's '77 FJ40 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I only changed the WBO2 sensor and nothing on the software settings. Seems like it is running fine now, but I'll remember the "Open Loop" adjustment if it happens again.

Note, I too was put on hold for over 45 minutes.....and I hung up. I did send my Holley contact an email yesterday, but haven't heard back.
My original sensor exhibited the same issues and I also did not touch the settings. When I replaced it with the second 02 sensor it ran fine as well.

Some of the Sniper forums recommended installing an O2 sensor bung extender which I did with the second sensor.
I checked the exhaust system and there isn’t any obvious leaks and the WBO2 sensor is installed in the recommended location per the Sniper installation instructions.

I have only lost one O2 sensor with a Sniper.

I was headed out of town and early am it started smoking black fuel smoke.

It was pretty obvious. I always keep a spare just in case.

It was my AFI that ate them

Could the higher zddp that a lot of us run be contributing to early O2 sensor failure?

Just been driving my 40 most every day and not much to update. However, I did use it's Warn Zeon 10 this weekend to pull a telephone pole out of my creek.

IMG_3225.jpg

Oh, I also bought some stuff. Which may or may not be FJ40 related? :grinpimp:

UOPO3949.JPG

Really like that you went full retard and just bought all that you’ll need and then some.

Thats the only way to go, what are you talkin about?

:flipoff2:

I’m curious what wire harness you’re going to build. I’ve really enjoyed the wiring projects so far on my ‘76. Really like that you went full retard and just bought all that you’ll need and then some.

Alright, I wasn't going to post anything about my next project till it was done, but...........you asked.

The very end of my rear harness is a frigging mess from a poor attempt at adding a trailer plug! Thus, I figured it was time to address that issue. So I went searching for an OEM 82420-90318B harness to borrow, verify and copy. FOUND, so that part was completed a few weeks ago. Order all the wire and accessories last week, and I'm in the process of finishing up Harness 1 of 4 at this time. The first three will be OEM units, and the 4th will be specific to my rig. For my harness, I will remove the taped up unused wire & connectors, add in a set of speaker wires for the rear, and pre-wire a 5-to-4 trailer harness plug into the back portion. (Yes, I'm well aware of the ultra cool trailer harness that Mr. Coolerman fabricates, as well as the wiring diagram for it.) Being I don't plan to trailer too much, my install should be just fine. Note, I will use a 5-pin Sumitomo connector, so my trailer harness will not sit under my rig, except for when in use.

The only item I don't have totally worked out for the 3 OEM Harnesses, are the rear combination light connectors. For my harness, I bought a new set of OEM lights from Toyota and will swap out the OEM plugs for a waterproof Sumitomo DS250 4 pin connector.

Here is a progress photo from last night.

1603249045743.png

Alright, I wasn't going to post anything about my next project till it was done, but...........you asked.

The very end of my rear harness is a frigging mess from a poor attempt at adding a trailer plug! Thus, I figured it was time to address that issue. So I went searching for an OEM 82420-90318B harness to borrow, verify and copy. FOUND, so that part was completed a few weeks ago. Order all the wire and accessories last week, and I'm in the process of finishing up Harness 1 of 4 at this time. The first three will be OEM units, and the 4th will be specific to my rig. For my harness, I will remove the taped up unused wire & connectors, add in a set of speaker wires for the rear, and pre-wire a 5-to-4 trailer harness plug into the back portion. (Yes, I'm well aware of the ultra cool trailer harness that Mr. Coolerman fabricates, as well as the wiring diagram for it.) Being I don't plan to trailer too much, my install should be just fine. Note, I will use a 5-pin Sumitomo connector, so my trailer harness will not sit under my rig, except for when in use.

The only item I don't have totally worked out for the 3 OEM Harnesses, are the rear combination light connectors. For my harness, I bought a new set of OEM lights from Toyota and will swap out the OEM plugs for a waterproof Sumitomo DS250 4 pin connector.

View attachment 2471586

Whatcha doing with your old lights? If you want to get rid of em, I need a pair.

View attachment 2471586

nice JIS crimps Rick ........... :)

DSCN4450.JPG
DSCN4454.JPG
DSCN4456.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom