The 2H/12H-T/1HZ/1HD-T/1HD-FT Gturbo Alternative Tech Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anybody know what they want price wise for the wink 12ht turbo?

Nope. But they're advertising "hiflow". Which usually just means "we kludged a bigger compressor wheel in".

The problems with the average toyota turbo aren't compressor being too small.

Nope. But they're advertising "hiflow". Which usually just means "we kludged a bigger compressor wheel in".

The problems with the average toyota turbo aren't compressor being too small.

From the pictures they look like TD05 turbo's. Haven't seen them in real life tho.

When I asked it was around 1400€ without shipping.
They say the internals are custom made to fit in the ct26 housing to be bolt on to H engines.

I inquired via email and got this back:
The turbo has custom designed parts which fits the OEM CT26 housing. Basically a modern turbocharger into the OEM housing matched to the engine.

Also was told it was 1500€ including VAT (which I suppose wouldn't apply to a USA customer?)

Just an update on my new turbo, or lack there of

image.png

If MMP were closer to me I would visit them on your behalf. If the MMP is reading this please know that I seriously considered buying one of your turbos (but my wife talked me out of it), now GTurbo have another customer. Do the right thing and refund Eric's money.
Better places to spend that sort of $$$ than gturbo. I'm not defending MMP, I've had no dealings with them at all, but I have dealt with gturbo, and my experience with both their product's performance and reliability, as well as their after sales service, left me wondering why I wasted my time and money

Not wanting to be 'that guy' who gets into arguments @Rob1983 but I have to say GTurbo has always bent over backwards to do the right thing by me, before, during and after the sale. Did what I bought it to do very satisfactorily and many mates of mine will say the same.

Seriously though, regardless of who you spend your money with, they should be able to provide a product that performs as advertised, and if not, a refund. IMHO, that's reasonably elementary business practice.

Not wanting to be 'that guy' who gets into arguments @Rob1983 but I have to say GTurbo has always bent over backwards to do the right thing by me, before, during and after the sale. Did what I bought it to do very satisfactorily and many mates of mine will say the same.

Seriously though, regardless of who you spend your money with, they should be able to provide a product that performs as advertised, and if not, a refund. IMHO, that's reasonably elementary business practice.
I thought I was a one off case, but when I started discussing my experience, once you got past the screaming lunacy of the fanbois, it became apparent that I was not the only one who had experienced issues with the product and consequently issues with the service. I'm not saying every turbo from there will be faulty, or fail to perform as promised, but mine did, and then I was told in no uncertain terms that this was all my fault even though the only thing that changed on my setup was the turbo, and when I did finally get a replacement, it lasted for almost 12 months before being removed in perfect working order, even if it did make considerably less power than the garrett. I couldn't believe how badly I was treated, after reading all the positive reviews and hearing from people how great and reliable these turbos were. But then I found out I wasn't the one one, and I felt a bit stupid for only finding out about the positive side of this company before doing business with them. If I could have fast forwarded to find out how my gturbo experience really would be, I would have never contacted him at all.

Just an update on my new turbo, or lack there of

Was yours a custom spec'd unit? Copy/pasted from a conversation on FB:

Nathan FaberGroup Moderator One guy on mud said he had one that has failed and he's been waiting a long time for a replacement ?

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 1 hr

Luke Claridge Nathan this is true, his was a very custom and specific turbo. It has taken a while too organise a replacement because the old unit has not been returned to us as per the warranty conditions. I am hoping to have the replacement in the post next week. Once again any custom work where stock is not held on the shelf does take time to back fill

Was yours a custom spec'd unit? Copy/pasted from a conversation on FB:

Nathan FaberGroup Moderator One guy on mud said he had one that has failed and he's been waiting a long time for a replacement ?

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 1 hr

Luke Claridge Nathan this is true, his was a very custom and specific turbo. It has taken a while too organise a replacement because the old unit has not been returned to us as per the warranty conditions. I am hoping to have the replacement in the post next week. Once again any custom work where stock is not held on the shelf does take time to back fill
Nathan Faber is gturbos #1 fanboi. Don't believe a word he says. He's out to run any competition into the dirt just so he can feel better about himself. He will be digging for anything he can use in a negative context, whether it's true or not

Nathan Faber is gturbos #1 fanboi. Don't believe a word he says. He's out to run any competition into the dirt just so he can feel better about himself. He will be digging for anything he can use in a negative context, whether it's true or not

That's why I'm asking the guy who bought the turbo in question, getting it straight from the horse's mouth.

even though i live in western australia i am very hesitant to put a gturbo on my car heard some happy customers and not happy ones. Shaun Whale from 4wd action (large 4wd publication in aust) had two g turbos let go within about 30,000 kms he did not go out of his way out all to bag this company in fact there is only a mention back in march 2016 on his Facebook page when some people asked what went wrong, one let go and left all pieces in the cooler the other not long after. Suffice to say he is not running one on his 12ht now. I only live 45mins from gturbo still not to keen to take the risk just yet to be honest but everyone makes there own choices......

Last edited:
even though i live in western australia i am very hesitant to put a gturbo on my car heard some happy customers and not happy ones. Shaun Whale from 4wd action (large 4wd publication in aust) had two g turbos let go within about 30,000 kms he did go out of his way out all to bag this company in fact there is only a mention back in march 2016 on his Facebook page when some people asked what went wrong, one let go and left all pieces in the cooler the other not long after. Suffice to say he is not running one on his 12ht now. I only live 45mins from gturbo still not to keen to take the risk just yet to be honest but everyone makes there own choices......
He actually published it in his editorial
IMAG0978.jpg

there you go i noticed he just said aftermarket turbos let go no names involved, i have also seen Roothy use a custom MTQ built turbo in his 12ht 40 series project.

there you go i noticed he just said aftermarket turbos let go no names involved, i have also seen Roothy use a custom MTQ built turbo in his 12ht 40 series project.
Yeah everyone knew which one failed though. Was common knowledge he was using one, had been in quite a few articles etc

That was extremely professional of him not to name names.

yep i thought so too its hard when you have alot of people saying the product is great especially through there Facebook page but don't hear to much about long term reliability and product failure like Rob 1983 and Shaun have unfortunately experienced, Shaun has a fairly high profile in aust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom