Tesla style 16" Android Radio install/information (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious if you can run GIAI and download off road maps so you dont need a separate offroad GPS unit. Nice work BTW

OP means original Poster or thread starter

really cool upgrade. You gain a lot and give up basically nothing. This may be in my future...

thanks for doing this Michael,
if you figure out a way for the rear screen to work, i'd be game, have a couple of kids that can't live without the rear screen on long trips, sounds like others are on the same boat.

I really like seeing a good option for upgrading the control center on my '10LC. Honestly, it's one of the things with modern cars that you can no longer change our update.

on the install. You said easy if you can figure things out on your own. Did all the connectors have a compatible mate after you picked the right harness? wondering if there was one not connected and possibly why the rear DVD doesnt work

Was the right harness well marked?

Again interested if I can download apps from Google play and use GAIA on this for off road GPS and lose my tablet

@Romer I have a much less expensive 2 din android Hu in my minivan. It can easily replace a tablet, as it is a tablet with an 12v amp grafted on. This is similar but with the canbus interface too. It will be like an android phone from a couple years ago, basically works but some reboots and some stuff won’t be perfect. Getting it just right will take a bit of fiddling.

Don’t count on being able to root it.

on the install. You said easy if you can figure things out on your own. Did all the connectors have a compatible mate after you picked the right harness? wondering if there was one not connected and possibly why the rear DVD doesnt work

Was the right harness well marked?

Again interested if I can download apps from Google play and use GAIA on this for off road GPS and lose my tablet

No instructions at all, thank god that Toyota uses all different connectors, the harness had all of the connectors I needed, as for the video there were a few extra ports, however I did not have the correct connector for the rear DVD Toyota connector, I am sure I could have figured out something but since I don't use the rear DVD I really did not mess with it much.

Cheers,

Michael

I hope they create an LX570 version, the Stock HU/Nav in the 2008 is basically useless at this point for anything beyond amp and climate control duties.

If we cannot get the temp buttons to work I wonder if non US trim pieces can be purchaepp that blank the buttons? I'll go without the second row screen, but the non working temp buttons would drive me insane.

If we cannot get the temp buttons to work I wonder if non US trim pieces can be purchaepp that blank the buttons? I'll go without the second row screen, but the non working temp buttons would drive me insane.

This guys temp control buttons seem to work just fine with the 16” version:

This guys temp control buttons seem to work just fine with the 16” version:

Then why is he flipping us the bird? :hillbilly:

The stock temp controls seem to work fine on the units that make use of the stock dash information display. It seems to be when people put in the Tesla units that replace that stock display with a larger screen that in my research was meant for the 2014+ model year. The problem seems to be when putting them in older model cruiser.

The stock temp controls seem to work fine on the units that make use of the stock dash information display. It seems to be when people put in the Tesla units that replace that stock display with a larger screen that in my research was meant for the 2014+ model year. The problem seems to be when putting them in older model cruiser.

But the Russian guy in the video has a 2010 MY 200 which is a non-2014+ MY 200.

Also I spoke to Phoenix and they said the rear DVD monitor (in-ceiling OEM) should work if it is connected via RCA connectors. They also said the temp controls under the vents should work without fail and for returns we would pay the return shipping.

I've found out more about the SuperAudio units: the unit is not compatible with JBL equipped 200’s/ U.S. spec 200’s (otherwise known as VX trim to the rest of the world) as there is a specific audio controller for those modules that won’t communicate with our head unit. They are designed around base and mid level trim (Panasonic audio) trucks (known to the rest of the world as EXR and GXR).

I've found out more about the SuperAudio units: the unit is not compatible with JBL equipped 200’s/ U.S. spec 200’s (otherwise known as VX trim to the rest of the world) as there is a specific audio controller for those modules that won’t communicate with our head unit. They are designed around base and mid level trim (Panasonic audio) trucks (known to the rest of the world as EXR and GXR).
That doesn't make sense, the OP didn't say anything about audio not operating. Besides, this is a complete REPLACEMENT of the head unit and DVD player. Check out the pics in the first couple of posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom