Temp and Fuel Gauge Short? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Folks! I've always had a temp gauge that sometimes like to peg itself out above hot, even though the truck is running fine. It will do it maybe once every 30 minutes, for 30 seconds or so. Not that big of a deal, but I noticed yesterday that the fuel gauge did the same thing (pegged above F) at the same time as the temp gauge. What could be causing this and what steps can I take to start trouble shooting the problem?

This is a known issue. @Spike Strip is working on a solution.
That's good to know. Just had this issue happen to me yesterday. Driving across Lake Ponchartrain when my temp spikes up. Was finally able to pull over and the needle was back at normal. Coolant was good. No leaks.

That's good to know. Just had this issue happen to me yesterday. Driving across Lake Ponchartrain when my temp spikes up. Was finally able to pull over and the needle was back at normal. Coolant was good. No leaks.
I had it happen with my previous 60 and it always scared the $hi+ out of me.

This is a known issue. @Spike Strip is working on a solution.
I think you mean me 😂

But yes I'm doing the last bit of testing and prototyping for the solution and will get what'll hopefully be the final prototype before production fairly soon. More than ten years in and I'm finally nearing the finish line.

@kody472 @The White FJ62 here's a long running thread detailing my development process and changes I've made as I've gotten a better idea of what I'm doing: Permanent fix (in progress): Fuel/temp gauge spiking (pics, not dialup friendly) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/permanent-fix-in-progress-fuel-temp-gauge-spiking-pics-not-dialup-friendly.780567/

For some weird reason the pictures still work from my old Photobucket account, but once they stop working I'll have to update the thread to remove the Photobucket stuff and have the actual pictures.

I think you mean me 😂

But yes I'm doing the last bit of testing and prototyping for the solution and will get what'll hopefully be the final prototype before production fairly soon. More than ten years in and I'm finally nearing the finish line.

@kody472 @The White FJ62 here's a long running thread detailing my development process and changes I've made as I've gotten a better idea of what I'm doing: Permanent fix (in progress): Fuel/temp gauge spiking (pics, not dialup friendly) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/permanent-fix-in-progress-fuel-temp-gauge-spiking-pics-not-dialup-friendly.780567/

For some weird reason the pictures still work from my old Photobucket account, but once they stop working I'll have to update the thread to remove the Photobucket stuff and have the actual pictures.
Sweet! Awesome work.

I plan to install Spook's fix when it's available, but in the meantime, probably wise for anyone with a 2F 3F 3FE to install an auxiallary aftermarket temp gauge. Electric ones are very easy and will be more accurate than the stock gauge. Sender can be installed in any heater or radiator hose.

Stock gauge is notoriously inaccurate and wonky.

Mechanical gauge would even be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom