Tales,Trails and Trials of a (wet) Dream Machine (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Passenger side engine bay wheel well cleaning complete. Going for the 52 year old patina look. Sprayed with rust neutralizing clear coat.
IMG_1600.jpg

Sounds like a good one to add to the weatherstripping resource thread
I need to service the window on the red devil when I recover from this pedicure marathon.

when I know it works I’ll post the part #. It was a whopping $10 for 10 ft.

Well, I but the engine compartment back together and put the spark to her. She fired right up but started screaming at me that she want an eyebrow treatment now! Sheesh, after 4 weekends and she wants more. What next a wax job:cool:

Here’s the picture show and tell.

Still got to tidy the engine and parts, but got go back to working to get anther 50 cents for the eyebrow treatment.

With every pig I’ve owned, the fan shroud was yellow cadmium coating, powder coated this one as close a match as I could. I tried yellow plating the one on my silver 77 put it didn’t work out well, hence this experiment.

It ain’t no Mona Lisa, but she ugly anyway.
2FAEAF09-B7DC-4D5C-86D1-CE406AC29813.jpeg
D572C686-3014-4643-8107-5D577F4A5597.jpeg
063FAB26-5F48-45A2-939F-86942F570224.jpeg
20235ACA-73E0-48B5-8CCA-EE8CB2C1C3AD.jpeg

The silver 77 still had yellow cadmium showing at the corners, the rest was grey cadmium decayed surface like what happens to all the nuts and bolt. This one was in the same condition but I don’t know what year it’s from.

Gordon…won’t be back home til Wednesday to see if I have any remnants of my solution to the fan vent connector. I went to a local full service tire shop that handles industrial stuff. A helpful employee found an inner tube (I think for a fork lift tire) that had the same diameter and I cut the appropriate length out of it and installed with the oem rectangular clamps. It’s worked fine for a dozen years now. Only issue is cosmetic as the factory rubber connector has a slight curvature. I believe I have the remaining tube portion on the shelf and will see if there are any identifying markers. Happy to just send you a chunk if I still have it.
Necessity is indeed the mother of invention.

I’m coming to the conclusion that this fan vent boot no longer in existence?

View attachment 3385257

I did find this at Grainger for the tailgate window bottom track clamp rubber. Haven’t tried it yet but dimensions are exact

View attachment 3385258

Part #?

Sounds like a good one to add to the weatherstripping resource thread

Yep!!!

So, this morning red devil got a grease job, wheels torqued and last but not least, I polished her badge of honor pined it back in place.

Best of all I got to get behind the wheel, punched out and let the engine do the vroom vroom down the road. And this little bird does punch out.

Hot damn.:bounce2:

3FC52540-B9DF-4B0A-B1C8-799DA68F88C0.jpeg

So after waiting through 6 months of rainy weather and 6 weekends for the pedicure, today I installed new front shocks.

Out of sentimentality from my pig in the 70’s, I opted for Monroe‘s, nothing fancy. I painted them Patriot Blue to go with the red and white. The rear shocks are existing spring over. Never had them on a pig before but they work great to take out the corner lean.

Took a sunset drive in the country. The little red devil seriously charges up windy mountain roads, and handles excellent with no corner lean. Running like it’s supposed to.

What treat to live a pigs life.
EA9F0B09-70A4-402F-85F4-35117EA23038.jpeg
39E9A0F3-F305-4E91-BCEE-569806EE1CE5.jpeg
875E8921-C4EB-49A5-9554-793D87C87CBC.jpeg
85BD706A-41CB-4D27-A6D8-475E9B0A0020.jpeg
25F4FBD0-4F05-4C41-9037-73E3A55A13C9.jpeg

😎

Custom paint on new bargain shocks!!!
Way too much time on your hands Gordo. My unwashed Frankencruiser hasn’t been out of the garage in three months while awaiting a gas tank swap.

Custom paint on new bargain shocks!!!
Way too much time on your hands Gordo. My unwashed Frankencruiser hasn’t been out of the garage in three months while awaiting a gas tank swap.
Gas tank swap?!? What up w/ that? Don't you have a custom long-range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom