Tales,Trails and Trials of a (wet) Dream Machine (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gas tank swap?!? What up w/ that? Don't you have a custom long-range?
I don't TJ. Never wanted to lose the cargo space or dangle a tire carrier off the a$$ end.

My unwashed Frankencruiser hasn’t been out of the garage in three months
My PP23 Pig has not been washed since I returned from PP23. The windshield still has Utah bug matter stuck to it. It looks like its supposed to look. A bit Willie Nelson like.

So I’m so jonesing for a road trip that I decided to hit this years Cruiserfest in Saltlake City. Unfortunately no time for camping so just going to have to live high on the hog. No pun intended.

Cruiserfest 2013 was my first excursion with my new to me pig. Filled the bone stock pig with every piece of ancient camping gear I owned including a 30 year old propane run Dometic refrigerator, a cooler, 2 spares, a 6 ‘ folding table and enough tools and cooking gear to support a platoon. It weighed in at over 6,000 lbs. Lewis and Clark ready.

Kurt of Cruiser Outfitters had organized an incredible trail ride through Utah to end up at the last 3 day Cruiserfest event held at the speedway. Also when I met J Mack for first time.

In drove 13 hours non stop gas and go to get to the Moab trail ride rendezvous. The pig did hick up a few times due to carburetor issues but got me there and back.

It was my re-babtism with a pig and eye opening to what Utah has to offer.

Tally whore ho and ready to go.:bounce:for a 10 year anniversary

So I’m so jonesing for a road trip that I decided to hit this years Cruiserfest in Saltlake City. Unfortunately no time for camping so just going to have to live high on the hog. No pun intended.

Cruiserfest 2013 was my first excursion with my new to me pig. Filled the bone stock pig with every piece of ancient camping gear I owned including a 30 year old propane run Dometic refrigerator, a cooler, 2 spares, a 6 ‘ folding table and enough tools and cooking gear to support a platoon. It weighed in at over 6,000 lbs. Lewis and Clark ready.

Kurt of Cruiser Outfitters had organized an incredible trail ride through Utah to end up at the last 3 day Cruiserfest event held at the speedway. Also when I met J Mack for first time.

In drove 13 hours non stop gas and go to get to the Moab trail ride rendezvous. The pig did hick up a few times due to carburetor issues but got me there and back.

That was a really special year. Moab to SLC/Tooele is one of my favorite routes to show-off my backyard. Life has been really busy the last few years and things at the museum are more like a Friday through Sunday for CruiserFest so trail rides just haven't been in the cards the last few years :(

Taking the new Pig or your original? Seems like you ought to baptize the new one since you won't be camping.

Taking the new Pig or your original?
I’m on the fence as to which one to take. My first choice is the new 71 but lack of AC through Vegas and Utah and the slower speed is an issue as my time is limited. If I had more days.

I’m on the fence as to which one to take. My first choice is the new 71 but lack of AC through Vegas and Utah and the slower speed is an issue as my time is limited. If I had more days.
Understandable. Your ‘71 does have “third world air” via the vent windows. Some of us lower class folks have to make do with that while envying you upper class Pig pilots.

That was a really special year. Moab to SLC/Tooele is one of my favorite routes to show-off my backyard. Life has been really busy the last few years and things at the museum are more like a Friday through Sunday for CruiserFest so trail rides just haven't been in the cards the last few years :(
Quite a bit of coverage for the new LC250, eh?

Moab to SLC/Tooele is one of my favorite routes to show-off my backyard
Do your happen to still have that route available on paper? That was a real eye opener on the diversity of Utah. It would make a good excursion for a Pig Party!!:bounce2:

Do your happen to still have that route available on paper? That was a real eye opener on the diversity of Utah. It would make a good excursion for a Pig Party!!:bounce2:

I could map it out. It’s one of the routes between SLC & Moab, a pretty common journey for me.

F5C10872-A531-4D63-B66F-69E8114E868E.jpeg

I saw you yesterday at Expo in Loveland, but you were mid-conversation!

A very busy weekend, I would have loved to say hello and catch-up!

Tried another retro fit experiment. The boot that connects the cab exterior air intake vent to the fan motor.

1/16 inch thick flexible rubber sheet and 15 second rubber fusion glue
F7BF06B1-1C07-4D93-A081-251F5C5859E6.jpeg
EFBC5232-39C4-4FBF-A8A5-291E3FBCE940.jpeg
856F40CA-AE0E-454A-BCCA-21BCE8EAE301.jpeg
616EF94A-74E1-4C01-9A43-38460BE63FBF.jpeg
FC53F03D-6922-403A-A8D7-61D3964A0BA6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom