Stlca chit-chat (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D@mn Elbert, that sucks. I hope state farm is good to deal with.

60 windshields are not easy. I had mine done by a glass company, they had to send 2 men to get it done.

Man, sorry to hear Elbert! Glad y'all are safe though. Were there any tornadoes that hit around you?

I don't recall any tornadoes in the immediate area, but It sure got "scary" for a while with the combination of hail and wind....I thought my pickup truck was going to fly around a bit. I've been through some hails storms in the past, but nothing like this and for the duration it lasted. My friends body shop has numerous cars that are totaled.

60 windshields are not easy. I had mine done by a glass company, they had to send 2 men to get it done.

Yeah I'm concerned about that. Not sure locally if anyone has experience dealing with the LC stuff. I do have a lead on a guy who is suppose to be good ...thats all he does is auto glass work. I've got to round up the correct gasket for the windshield. Once I'm caught on things I'm not above loading the 60 up on the trailer and taking it somewhere that "knows what they are doing"...

Last edited:
D@mn Elbert, that sucks. I hope state farm is good to deal with.

I'm not sure I'm going to pursue the claim on the 60. I know I'm not going to be given any credit for the numerous mechanical mods I've done. I may call it a day and just have the windshield done on my dime...the damage other than that is the wonderful dents on the top body surfaces...but I have a number of other dents and imperfections too and I'm guessing I would reach a point of having the truck total with respect to insurance value. Body shop told me today that the civic is done..(totaled) so I'm waiting for the state farm adjusters to show up to make it final deal. Civic was great car and was in great shape. May be time to look at mid level camry for the new car. Like everyone I hate loosing this car that I've paid for and that had plenty of life left....and zero payments. 205K miles on the civic puts it value fairly low. State Farm and the rest are setting up shop in the parking lots in the south part of town, but I've yet to hear where anyone of them are coming out to the body shops to look at cars. Hail damage is bad..because generally it covers so much surface area...and you don't get a new roof. The real suck would be where you had a fairly new car and it did not total.....

@Elbert google/YouTube dent removal using dry ice. I have had success with small dents.

thanks... Got lined up to get the adjuster to look at the civic (confirm total) I posted up a few pics in the clubhouse pic thread. Made a deal to get new hood on the pickup and a couple of misc dents fixed. After all that I'll see about getting the windshield replaced on the 60 and see what might be worth trying to mess with on dents.

I applied the magic gorilla tape or otherwise known as duct tape to the windshield for now....its cracked in the upper corner of the drivers side...about the area of a 1/2 a newspaper page for a rough size estimate.

Badlands wench for the win...

0408181602.jpg

After several re-submissions thanks to my fact checkers, the GSMTR article has been submitted to TLCA for publishing in the next edition of Trails. Be sure to check it out!

Hopefully the pic I took of you two will get in the article. I did not see anything in the "professional" photos.

hell I have seen hardly any pics anywhere. Like GSMTR never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom