Steel Wheel Tech (2 Viewers)

wngrog

SILVER Star
@G-Cat
Thank you for posting my thread in here.

I love finding better ways to saving money and to put in a little bit of work to what we need! Aka cheaper steelies!

For me I found my information in one of @wngrog threads, as a matter of fact it was so long ago I had to IM him to refresh my memory about those wheels and tire combo.

So thank you @wngrog for your knowledge and expertise!

That wheel and tire combo is a perfect fit. And man do they ride nice!

You are welcome. I too love the width, backspace and price of the eTrailer wheels

HemiAlex

TLCA #24987
GOLD Star
Man I like the eTrailer wheels that I have on my 60 for 255’s better than the Smooth V

Better backspace and width
I’ll look them up.

i don’t think I’ll be able to live with tiny tires on the 40. I wanted to make use of all the spare 15” wheels I have but I really need a 235/85r16 to drive it hard.

G-Cat

SILVER Star
None of the wheels mentioned in this thread are split rims. There just different versions of 16” steel wheels that look similar to OEM.

Are these compatible with disk brakes? How do I tell? Does the “15” mean 15 inches and therefore no bueno for disks?
My 1978 FJ40 has factory disc brakes on the front and came with 15 inch rims. I tried to buy tires and rims from a friend that had a half ton chevy pickup and those rims did not work because of the disc brakes.

Why would anyone want to use split rims? I would like to get 16" for my FJ but I won't go to a split rim.

I could ask the opposite, 'why would anyone be against using split rims?'

ok. i dont suggest going out of your way to put together a set, but if you have them, use them if you want. works fine. but with the right tools one piece rims are no more difficult to work with than splits, they are lighter, and they can be had in different widths/offsets. but still nothing inherently wrong with using split rims

IMG_2550a.JPG

None of the wheels mentioned in this thread are split rims. There just different versions of 16” steel wheels that look similar to OEM.

I actually did mention them in an earlier post about gm steel wheels with center hole opened up to fit over hubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom