Stay AWAY from ALCAN SPRING!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

way cheap to put the old springs on than to tow a motorhome dozens of miles.

way cheap to put the old springs on than to tow a motorhome dozens of miles.

you can tow a motorhome a fair way for $240.

and it couldn't be driven at all? it needed both srpings pulled?

attachment.php

No,
Clearly I have implied that he has admitted to not having any documentation of the info he gave them, nor does he have documentation of "buying off" on the agreed specs.

"Unfortunately the warning signs of questionable practices were not obvious to someone who is not knowledgeable in suspension."

Again, "questionable practices"?
They build off of the info they're given. Period.
If he was (is) a newbie to the suspension game, why are there not 15 million "what about" questions from him in the multitude of threads all over the net, let alone here, about the subject?

You said that he should not trust that a custom spring maker can make a proper product without having access to the vehicle. If that is the case, the spring maker should NOT make the springs.

You appear to believe that a legitimate spring maker is going to take less information than it takes to build a product and just make something and ship it. Is that correct? In my opinion, either they have enough information to build a proper spring set or they say "I'm sorry, I can't build a proper product without the following information..."

Not everyone has the time or desire to become an expert in spring manufacturing. That is why a buyer might - oh I don't know - call a spring manufacturer and ask them to build some springs for them trusting that a reputable manufacturer would know what is required to build a proper spring set. Crazy idea huh?

You said that he should not trust that a custom spring maker can make a proper product without having access to the vehicle. If that is the case, the spring maker should NOT make the springs.

You appear to believe that a legitimate spring maker is going to take less information than it takes to build a product and just make something and ship it. Is that correct? In my opinion, either they have enough information to build a proper spring set or they say "I'm sorry, I can't build a proper product without the following information..."

Not everyone has the time or desire to become an expert in spring manufacturing. That is why a buyer might - oh I don't know - call a spring manufacturer and ask them to build some springs for them trusting that a reputable manufacturer would know what is required to build a proper spring set. Crazy idea huh?

Fine, Alcan is an unreputable company.

Happy now?

I'll still buy from them

BTW, Jetboy

Do you truely feel, based on the info given by the OP, that he was forthwright with the info he gave them?

I mean, come on. A vehichle HE hadn't even seen and he's ordering custom parts?

BTW, Jetboy

Do you truely feel, based on the info given by the OP, that he was forthwright with the info he gave them?

I mean, come on. A vehichle HE hadn't even seen and he's ordering custom parts?

We don't know what information was provided.

We do know that if Alcan didn't have the necessary information to properly build springs they should have said no. Since they built them, is it fair to assume that they felt as though they had all the information necessary? If that is the case, all that really matters is whether the springs were proper for the vehicle if the information provided on the vehicle was accurate.

This is on the first page of a google search for "alcan springs". Anyone who is considering alcan springs and searches the internet for them will probably read this. I think it would be worthwhile for Alcan to provide their side of the story.

In the end I really don't care. I have OME springs on my landcruiser and I am very unlikely to ever use leaf springs again on any other one. Coils simply offer too many advantages.

I have come to the conclusion that I agree with whoever first said the OP was am interwebs troll :meh:

...all that really matters is whether the springs were proper for the vehicle if the information provided on the vehicle was accurate...
I agree with this. And when it comes down to a he-said/she-said, you seem to be siding with the guy who knows nothing about springs, can't produce anything to document the weight of his rig, can't produce anything to document the instructions he gave to the shop, can't produce a photo of the spring pack, can't give any information about how the second shop remedied the situation, and can't explain why a cc dispute is not an option over the assumption that a spring shop knows it's business?? :lol:

Weren't you just spewing about "statistical anomalies" recently in another thread??

Everything about this story sends up red flags, and the lack of any validation pegs the BS meter.

More likely that Alcan asked for "corner" weight and the OP heard "quarter weight" and just said "1500" or something.

Anyway, Alaskacreeker, just join the 95+ truck forum here in the tech section and maybe you'll find some useful information ... Oh and by a star all you cheap bastids...

I agree with this. And when it comes down to a he-said/she-said, you seem to be siding with the guy who knows nothing about springs, can't produce anything to document the weight of his rig, can't produce anything to document the instructions he gave to the shop, can't produce a photo of the spring pack, can't give any information about how the second shop remedied the situation, and can't explain why a cc dispute is not an option over the assumption that a spring shop knows it's business?? :lol:

Weren't you just spewing about "statistical anomalies" recently in another thread??

Everything about this story sends up red flags, and the lack of any validation pegs the BS meter.

More likely that Alcan asked for "corner" weight and the OP heard "quarter weight" and just said "1500" or something.

Anyway, Alaskacreeker, just join the 95+ truck forum here in the tech section and maybe you'll find some useful information ... Oh and by a star all you cheap bastids...

Yes, without more I'll side with the novice who went to the pros for advice and got the wrong product. It is incumbent on the party knowledgeable about what is necessary to ask the right questions.

This isn't Alcan's first report of similar spring issues and failure to provide reasonable customer service. A google search turns up a number of similar situations. And Alcan knows about this thread and has done nothing to defend its self even though this is on the first page of a google search for alcan springs. Lends to the OP's credibility for me. If Alcan had a great track record of customer service, I'd be more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. Alcan can defend its self it if wants.

It's called revocation of acceptance of nonconforming goods. You return the good and notice the seller, just like the op did. There is a UCC section on it. Not exactly complicated.

a lot of folks with strong opinions here without having all the facts...

yup, it's the web all right...

you really want this troll to stick around?
:ban:
he already admitted that even today he has no idea what the corner weight is of his vehicle.
he admitted he already had the new springs installed before contacting Alcan to return.
karma baby, his sucks.
he ended up with what he deserved in the end.

crushers must have 150 years of knowledge with that attitude.alaskan dude is correct.to be a professional requires asking the correct QUESTIONS to make the customer happy.sorry you got c*nted bro.live happy. crushers....really? grump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom