SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who can tell me a part number for this plug thing under the second row seat? One of mine is broken. I'm not smart enough to find it on the parts diagrams.
20180914_110153.jpg

If one of my rear trailing arms is slightly bent, that a big deal? It seems fine to me.
I wanted an alignment, and dealer said Id need to fix that first, because it would be pointless to align without correcting that. I'm thinking, I just wanted the front done.
Reading online, there is some adjustment for solid axles. Is that why, or is it because the front must be also aligned in relation to the rear, as well?

If one of my rear trailing arms is slightly bent, that a big deal? It seems fine to me.
I wanted an alignment, and dealer said Id need to fix that first, because it would be pointless to align without correcting that. I'm thinking, I just wanted the front done.
Reading online, there is some adjustment for solid axles. Is that why, or is it because the front must be also aligned in relation to the rear, as well?

One of mine is slightly bent after three weeks of wheeling hard a while back and it’s fine. But...I do plan to replace it soon.

A very slight bend isn’t going to shorten it much. But it’s definitrly an indicator that your driving warrants a stronger model.

Most folks never come close to bending them because most don’t wheel is ways that hit those hard and heavy, but apparently you do. Congrats!! :hillbilly::steer:

Yes, you'll want to resolve it. The trailing arms dictate the thrust angle of the rear axle. There's no additional adjustments. Bad thrust angle won't necessarily cause more wear, but will cause the vehicle to crab down the road. Even a minor bend will cause a measurable alignment change.

One of mine is slightly bent after three weeks of wheeling hard a while back and it’s fine. But...I do plan to replace it soon.

A very slight bend isn’t going to shorten it much. But it’s definitrly an indicator that your driving warrants a stronger model.

Most folks never come close to bending them because most don’t wheel is ways that hit those hard and heavy, but apparently you do. Congrats!! :hillbilly::steer:

I did that myself....using a floor jack. I'm dumb. :bang:

Yes, you'll want to resolve it. The trailing arms dictate the thrust angle of the rear axle. There's no additional adjustments. Bad thrust angle won't necessarily cause more wear, but will cause the vehicle to crab down the road. Even a minor bend will cause a measurable alignment change.

OK, thanks. I guess I'll order a set and try the install myself. Should be straight forward, no? Unbolt the old, bolt in the new?

I did that myself....using a floor jack. I'm dumb. :bang:

Oh dear! ;)

We are all guilty of “dumb” from time to time...

...Some of us more than other. :)

In your case and your “confession...”

Say 3 hail Land Cruisers and flog your shin with a monkey wrench 7 times, and all is forgiven. :)

Just tell people you did it on the Rubicon, and unfortunately the batteries in your camera died ;)

LOL. Good idea. I need to buy a "I survived the Rubicon" sticker to really sell it.

Oh dear! ;)

We are all guilty of “dumb” from time to time...

...Some of us more than other. :)

In your case and your “confession...”

Say 3 hail Land Cruisers and flog your shin with a monkey wrench 7 times, and all is forgiven. :)

That's fair. It this is the worse thing I do, I'm OK with it.
Just ordered a new set from Trail Tailor.

Are the front fenders a match in shape and attachment points for the early 200 LC and LX’s? Pictures look the same but maybe I’m missing something.

Thanks

Where's the internal hatch release for the rear upper hatch? I know, it's not there but I miss it. My 60 has it, my 80 had it, and pretty sure the 100 has it. It's rather annoying that the line has had it for so many years and now boom it's gone.

FAQ theres a thread from Cruiser Outfitters- Door exit mod pr something like that

I didn't notice the FAQ about it. thanks.

Last edited:
Ok really SQOD - I have a 15 LX570. It lists 5 pressures in the TPMS screen, and at present, the spare is in position #2. I'd (obviously) prefer it in spot 5.

Is there an easy way to move them around? In other words, does it list them by lowest ID to highest, and if I put the highest ID in the spare I'm sorted, etc.

I'm happy to unmount tires, move sensors, remount tires, and I think I can manage by setting the tires to different pressures and moving them, but it'd be easier if I knew how the order was determined....

Ok really SQOD - I have a 15 LX570. It lists 5 pressures in the TPMS screen, and at present, the spare is in position #2. I'd (obviously) prefer it in spot 5.

Is there an easy way to move them around? In other words, does it list them by lowest ID to highest, and if I put the highest ID in the spare I'm sorted, etc.

I'm happy to unmount tires, move sensors, remount tires, and I think I can manage by setting the tires to different pressures and moving them, but it'd be easier if I knew how the order was determined....
The sensors are tied to the position in the list. If you rotate your tires then they change. You can unmount the tires and move the TPMS around, but as soon as you rotate your tires the positions will move. If you never rotate in your spare then it would stay in the same spot, though you should really do a 5 tire rotation sometimes as if you ever need your spare when your tires get worn down you really don't want one that's half an inch shorter than the other wheels... it's bad for the differentials...

The sensors are tied to the position in the list. If you rotate your tires then they change. You can unmount the tires and move the TPMS around, but as soon as you rotate your tires the positions will move. If you never rotate in your spare then it would stay in the same spot, though you should really do a 5 tire rotation sometimes as if you ever need your spare when your tires get worn down you really don't want one that's half an inch shorter than the other wheels... it's bad for the differentials...

Are you sure about this? My experience has been that the position on the list on the dash display is dependant on the memory # that the sensor number is occupying in the computer. So a sensor registered as #1 in the computer will always be #1 no matter where it is mounted on the truck.

Seems to me you could change the order that the tires are showing on the list simply by going into Techstream and moving the sensor serial numbers around on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom