SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My apologies. The last few messages were surrounding the Dobinson bumper without interruption so I just kinda ran with it.

No apology. :) Happens all the time. My response sounded unnecessarily harsh. My bad.

Check out Slee's LED bracket for the ARB. I'm assuming that the ARB and Dobinson are very (exactly) similar. This is what was installed with mine and I've got LED turn signals and fog lights.

Most tire shops have a makeshift rod that they use just for times like this. That being said procurement of said piece should be a priority. You might check to see if something from a 4Runner or Tundra would work as they should be plentyfull.

I’m getting some new tires today but I don’t have the tool kit to lower the spare wheel.

What can I use to make it work?

I have a full set from a 100 series if you are interested. They are the same.

That won’t help you today...but would work as a replacement.

Hypothetical question.If I had complet dashboard,center consle with coolbox from 2010 lc will it directly bolt down to 2010 LX including all the electronics cluster,radio etc buttons....

Hypothetical question.If I had complet dashboard,center consle with coolbox from 2010 lc will it directly bolt down to 2010 LX including all the electronics cluster,radio etc buttons....

It's not going to be easy. It's potentially possible with lots of time, but the level of integration these days is intense and you'll be troubleshooting tons of unforeseen little nits. For just a dashboard?! I personally think you're better off just finding an LC, if the interior bothers you so much. Curious, but what is it that bothers you? I'm a different type of owner, but I find the cabin of the LX to be a wonderful place to be.

Just a quick brainstorm of potential integration issues of an LC dash:
1) Wiring harness is going to be different. For placement of switchgear. Also variations in equipment between model years within the LC/LX lineup, but differences between the two models also
2) Memory seats/wiring, heated/cooling
3) Surround camera
4) Auto-fold mirrors
5) Auto open rear hatch
6) Computer module and programming diffs

Hypothetically speaking... if you dislike the LX that much, feel free to sell it to me :)

My fuel door spring fell off last night, the one that pops the door open when you pull the lever. I thought I could just slide it back on the tab that holds it but that is what actually failed. Could someone take a picture of the interior of their fuel door so I can try to fit up a way to reattach is so I can refuel without getting the assistance of someone pulling on the door while I flip the lever under the dash.

My fuel door spring fell off last night, the one that pops the door open when you pull the lever. I thought I could just slide it back on the tab that holds it but that is what actually failed. Could someone take a picture of the interior of their fuel door so I can try to fit up a way to reattach is so I can refuel without getting the assistance of someone pulling on the door while I flip the lever under the dash.

I broke the metal “spring” off of mine during our Moab/Telluride trip. There was not a way to reattach the metal part back on the plastic piece that I could find. If I was by myself, I would wedge something under the fuel door release and walk around to the fuel door.

You can see the plastic piece with the broken off metal part. Circled in red is where the tab was that connected the metal to the -lactic.

View attachment 1774981

6E7E0102-2450-4008-AB1B-227785C8E0D5.jpeg

I have a ‘14 LC the fuel door spring p/n is 7736035040 it cost me like $3.50 to replace it when mine gave out...

Maybe these pics will help you:

LC200GasCap2_13OCT16_zps9r5tcujq.jpg

LC200GasCap1_13OCT16_zpsltpdcoii.jpg

HTH

Do I need spacers if I plan to run Rock Warriors on my 200?

Do I need spacers if I plan to run Rock Warriors on my 200?

Rock Warriors are only 10mm difference in offset compared to stock and I personally think it’s better at their 50mm offset vs. stock at 60.

Only reasons for spacers are to avoid wide tires hitting upper control arm edge or KDSS etc...or if you simply want a bit wider stance without going to a wider offset like 20, 25mm etc.

Mine broke at ~50k miles. The replacement spring is less than $5. You'll need someone to help you open the fuel door as you pull the handle but the old one prys out and the new one goes in. Took me about 2 minutes the first time (being cautious). I could do it in 30 seconds now.

It's not going to be easy. It's potentially possible with lots of time, but the level of integration these days is intense and you'll be troubleshooting tons of unforeseen little nits. For just a dashboard?! I personally think you're better off just finding an LC, if the interior bothers you so much. Curious, but what is it that bothers you? I'm a different type of owner, but I find the cabin of the LX to be a wonderful place to be.

Just a quick brainstorm of potential integration issues of an LC dash:
1) Wiring harness is going to be different. For placement of switchgear. Also variations in equipment between model years within the LC/LX lineup, but differences between the two models also
2) Memory seats/wiring, heated/cooling
3) Surround camera
4) Auto-fold mirrors
5) Auto open rear hatch
6) Computer module and programming diffs
Ok got it,my thinking was that those two LX/LC are basically same truck minus suspension.So plugs for the powers seat would be the same,radio Navi etc.I just like more "squarish"interiors.

Hypothetically speaking... if you dislike the LX that much, feel free to sell it to me :)
No sorry love my LX those 08-15 imho are best looking 200 series and I love my ahc suspension,Just less curvy lines for me on the interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom