SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cross posted on the fb page, is there an easy way to tell if tires have a tpms sensors installed. I picked up tundra trd wheels and looking to get clonable sensors installed. If it already had tpms and they would talk to my LX570 I would just reprogram when switching back and forth. I looked for a bevel on the tire stem but didn’t see any obvious signs of tpms. Any advice is appreciated.

Cross posted on the fb page, is there an easy way to tell if tires have a tpms sensors installed. I picked up tundra trd wheels and looking to get clonable sensors installed. If it already had tpms and they would talk to my LX570 I would just reprogram when switching back and forth. I looked for a bevel on the tire stem but didn’t see any obvious signs of tpms. Any advice is appreciated.
If you believe they are Tundra sensors, they will not work with the LX. You would need LX sensors.

You can usually tell just by looking at the valve stem. Can you post a good close up photo?

Man, having a little trouble with double posts. Sorry about that. Could of sworn I posted this yesterday.

0E2FE801-C991-4C31-A184-C16B1BCB7AB7.jpeg

I ordered some autel tpms sensors from amazon. The local pep boys say they should be able to clone the sensors to my stock 20” wheels so I can change out as necessary.

I’m using the 12v plug in the back. The center console to power my fridge. Is there an easy way to make this outlet always hot instead of ignition switched?

Looking for a stopgap measure for this last-minute Father’s Day weekend camping trip. Will run the proper wires to the back before our next camping adventure.

Thanks!

I’m using the 12v plug in the back. The center console to power my fridge. Is there an easy way to make this outlet always hot instead of ignition switched?

Looking for a stopgap measure for this last-minute Father’s Day weekend camping trip. Will run the proper wires to the back before our next camping adventure.

Thanks!

Not sure what fridge you have but I would not run one off the stock outlets. Those wires are not up to the task.

I ordered some autel tpms sensors from amazon. The local pep boys say they should be able to clone the sensors to my stock 20” wheels so I can change out as necessary.
Update on the autel sensors for anyone needing this info....Pep boys couldn’t program them due to not having the autel tpms scan tool. Mavis tire had the tool, I had to walk them through the process but we got it done. I used the dual frequency autel sensors and if you program with your current sensor ids know relearning necessary. 315 MHz for the 08 LX
3E4BC634-996D-427B-93F6-FB466925A7EE.jpeg

When on the highway with the NAV screen up, the upcoming exits are listed along with their POI’s. How can I disable that functionality so that it stays on the map the entire time? This pops up when there is no route entered.

Stupid question: when you fold up the 2nd row(towards the front seats) is there a way to stop them from flying up and down every time you stop and accelerate? I often put them up and They fly up and down and hit whatever I’m carrying

Stupid question: when you fold up the 2nd row(towards the front seats) is there a way to stop them from flying up and down every time you stop and accelerate? I often put them up and They fly up and down and hit whatever I’m carrying
After you’ve folded them up, if you look in the bottom of the seat there looks like a little “door” with a finger hole. Open it, and there’s a strap you can use to secure the seat to the grab handle, either above or to the front edge of the rear passenger door. Hope that makes sense.

I was just thinking this morning about how much I hate how the second row works, and I really hope they do a better job in the next remake.

Those straps are even more ridiculous, and a royal pita to put back. On the rare occasion that I need to fold them up (back before I got my drawers), I just used a ratchet strap.

IMG_20171111_111756.jpg

^Isn't it? It's hokey but they attach okay with the straps. What drives me nuts is the leather rubbing against the front seats! I keep a couple moving blankets in the car, and putting that between the seats helps.

This was the same arrangement in the 100-series. Thought they'd improve it for the 200-series. The 120-series does the same flip up trick, but is retained by a stopper at the base of the seats instead of the upper strap business. Thought they'd do that for the 200-series.

The 300-series better improve this. And the cupholders which also were holdovers from the 100-series.

^Isn't it? It's hokey but they attach okay with the straps. What drives me nuts is the leather rubbing against the front seats! I keep a couple moving blankets in the car, and putting that between the seats helps.

This was the same arrangement in the 100-series. Thought they'd improve it for the 200-series. The 120-series does the same flip up trick, but is retained by a stopper at the base of the seats instead of the upper strap business. Thought they'd do that for the 200-series.

The 300-series better improve this. And the cupholders which also were holdovers from the 100-series.
Plus one on the blanket or a beach towel between the front / folded rear seats...squeaks drive me nuts!

OZTENT / Clone owners - Where does one put an oztent for transport? They're like 7ft long folded up . . . is it roof rack only? SQ followup - how much noise do you get with it on your rack? Do you reget having to have it up there? How's the ownership experience?

Bump....how to keep nav map full screen without turn list popping up on highway??

OZTENT / Clone owners - Where does one put an oztent for transport? They're like 7ft long folded up . . . is it roof rack only? SQ followup - how much noise do you get with it on your rack? Do you reget having to have it up there? How's the ownership experience?
Personally, I throw that joker up on my K9, and gently strap it down with some eyelets. Between the slight K9, tire and awning noise, it is negligible. I wouldn’t consider it in the cabin.

The tent itself is great. Easy setup and take down, considering every time you take it out, it gets setup twice (cleaning afterwards). We have the RV4, and we get two adult cots and a playpen in there.There’s not a lot of extra room, but the “front porch” alleviates that.

What size bolt do I need for these holes?

IMG-8666.jpg

Personally, I throw that joker up on my K9, and gently strap it down with some eyelets. Between the slight K9, tire and awning noise, it is negligible. I wouldn’t consider it in the cabin.

The tent itself is great. Easy setup and take down, considering every time you take it out, it gets setup twice (cleaning afterwards). We have the RV4, and we get two adult cots and a playpen in there.There’s not a lot of extra room, but the “front porch” alleviates that.
Similar.

I throw mine up on my front runner slimline2 rack. I’ll position it zipper down just to avoid potential rain from entering (even though the contents are the waterproof tent floor) and use various ratchet straps to secure everything. I’ll serpentine the straps through handles, roof rack slats, etc and it doesn’t budge. With the rack full of other items,etc, the RV5 doesn’t add much wind noise.

I have, at times, thrown it in my Thule cargo box as well - depends on your setup.

Lastly, I’ve been keeping an eye on these (pricey) cargo nets 51”x86” to simplify the loading and to offer greater security. Raingler

edit - love the Oztent. Wife, son, myself, and dog fill up the tent and annex easily and short of a travel trailer, this is by far the most comfortable setup we’ve had “roughing it”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom