SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have any idea what this switch could be or how I could figure it out? Have had my 2010 LX for three months and just discovered it. It’s on the driver’s side against the center console

It doesn’t illuminate in either position so it might not do anything.

View attachment 2319403
View attachment 2319405
Any aux lights? Hidden behind grill? Turn on vehicle, and headlights, flip switch...?

Anyone have any idea what this switch could be or how I could figure it out? Have had my 2010 LX for three months and just discovered it. It’s on the driver’s side against the center console

It doesn’t illuminate in either position so it might not do anything.

View attachment 2319403
View attachment 2319405

It didn't come from the factory that way, nor is it an aftermarket Toyota part, so... who knows? Could be anything. Any way to contact the previous owner?

HTH

Not sure if this helps, but I have an 08 LX with the same shaped factory-looking switch, though it’s mounted on one of the panels under the driver-side dash. I found out through trial and error that it has something to do with the GPS signal. When the switch is flipped off, the GPS signal stops working on the nav. system. I’m the second owner, but all factory as far as I know.

Not sure if this helps, but I have an 08 LX with the same shaped factory-looking switch, though it’s mounted on one of the panels under the driver-side dash. I found out through trial and error that it has something to do with the GPS signal. When the switch is flipped off, the GPS signal stops working on the nav. system. I’m the second owner, but all factory as far as I know.

That switch doesn't look factory. Can you post a pic of yours? That behavior sure doesn't sound factory.

That switch doesn't look factory. Can you post a pic of yours? That behavior sure doesn't sound factory.

It’s been a while since I looked at it, so maybe it’s not as factory-ish as I remember:
9C35108C-85BD-49A8-A977-564EEB5D8E55.jpeg

Does anyone know the size & thread for the driver's side threaded holes shown in the photo?
I would normally go to my local ACE hardware store where they know me and would let me carry out an assortment of bolts to try then walk back in and put the ones that don't fit back into stock. They don't want to do that now because of the virus situation. So any help is greatly appreciated.
IMG_4291s-arrows.jpg

Does anyone know the size & thread for the driver's side threaded holes shown in the photo?
I would normally go to my local ACE hardware store where they know me and would let me carry out an assortment of bolts to try then walk back in and put the ones that don't fit back into stock. They don't want to do that now because of the virus situation. So any help is greatly appreciated.
View attachment 2320440
I think M6x1.00.

Just tested.

That’s it! Thanks!

Its what?

Dvd bypass or a GPS cloaking switch? So when you flip the switch your cruiser disappears. You did say you didn't know who the previous owners were.👽

Can you trace the wires to where they terminate?

So is it correct that the LX did not get blind spot warning until 2016 model? Is this also when the LC got it? Just drove a '14 that I really liked today but I was surprised that it didn't have that. Dealer (Lexus dealer) said it wasn't an option until 2016.

So is it correct that the LX did not get blind spot warning until 2016 model? Is this also when the LC got it? Just drove a '14 that I really liked today but I was surprised that it didn't have that. Dealer (Lexus dealer) said it wasn't an option until 2016.

Yes most of the safety stuff like blind spot monitoring and lane departure warning (not lane keep assist - the vehicle does not try to steer you back into the lane) was not available on either the LC or the LX until 2016 and was standard from that point on. Some earlier LXs and all LCs from 13-15 came with adaptive cruise with a pre-collision system, but the full safety suite is only 2016+ for both models.

Yes most of the safety stuff like blind spot monitoring and lane departure warning (not lane keep assist - the vehicle does not try to steer you back into the lane) was not available on either the LC or the LX until 2016 and was standard from that point on. Some earlier LXs and all LCs from 13-15 came with adaptive cruise with a pre-collision system, but the full safety suite is only 2016+ for both models.
One more reason to not get a newer one. :)

Cross posted on the fb page, is there an easy way to tell if tires have a tpms sensors installed. I picked up tundra trd wheels and looking to get clonable sensors installed. If it already had tpms and they would talk to my LX570 I would just reprogram when switching back and forth. I looked for a bevel on the tire stem but didn’t see any obvious signs of tpms. Any advice is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom