SOS - Denver - Smog Pump? (60) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ❤️ this forum.

Just read the thread. Take a look at your power steering pump as well. YEARS AGO, Mine began to leak on to my smog pump causing problems and it ultimately seized. After parking for a bit, I was able to limp her home. Got the pump rebuilt as well as the power steering pump. The main culprit was the seal between the reservoir and pump. Dinosaur recommended a mini truck power steering swap. But I never researched/got around to it.

If you left a message, my apologies. I’m batting around 50% on call backs.
Pretty sure I have one. Please leave a new message; I’m currently downtown on a bike ride . Thanks.
Excellent
I will also PM you

I need a few other things

Excellent
I will also PM you

I need a few other things
Please don’t. I have 29,000 posts on this forum, all of which say that I do my business by telephone. I am a one-man show, and the amount of people who want to reach me thru the internet is WAY beyond my ability to handle. It has never been my intention to let myself get overwhelmed; asking people to use a telephone seems to work reasonably well at keeping things at a manageable level.

Thank you.

Please don’t. I have 29,000 posts on this forum, all of which say that I do my business by telephone. I am a one-man show, and the amount of people who want to reach me thru the internet is WAY beyond my ability to handle. It has never been my intention to let myself get overwhelmed; asking people to use a telephone seems to work reasonably well at keeping things at a manageable level.

Thank you.
No problem
I will leave VM today

6D31FAE3-0E89-40F6-86C7-7A04F5C2D0E4.jpeg
Went to put in my pump today

realized my bracket don’t have a spacer

does anyone have a spacer or a bracket with spacer you can sell me ?

I think he means the sleeve/collar that fits into the hole on the back of the bracket. A lot of the brackets that I get are missing that part. Amazing how many get lost.

I think he means the sleeve/collar that fits into the hole on the back of the bracket. A lot of the brackets that I get are missing that part. Amazing how many get lost.
Correct, I am sorry I misspoke. You nailed it. Its the little brass piece

You don't have any, do you Mark? If so, I can stop by and grab a few

Logically, if I had any extra, I would put them into the brackets I have that are also missing them, to make them sellable.

But you are welcome to put me on speed dial for your future needs. ;)

Thank you. PS isn’t the issue for me

I just don’t want any damage done to the car due to no smog pump

I am contacting them thanks
I just had my 1986 FJ60 smog pump rebuilt by B Z Rebuilders and very happy with result. They were fast and its working great. Looks like new as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom