Something's cookin under the hood.. and it sure smells good! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

syrinxstar said:
There used to be this great book out there on engine cooking (there was a much better name than this) - filled with recipes and how-tos, etc. I think it's out of print though. Anybody remember??

I like your setup. Another meaning to your straight-6 -

I remember seeing one in a Moab bookstore some time ago. Hot pockets, burritos are a cinch, but I want to do an omlette or steak :D

syrinxstar said:
There used to be this great book out there on engine cooking (there was a much better name than this) - filled with recipes and how-tos, etc. I think it's out of print though. Anybody remember??

I like your setup. Another meaning to your straight-6 -

"Manifold Destiny". I have a copy somewhere. Little used, too!

nakman,

Decent project but you'll have to improve it somewhat before it's a candidate for Pristine. How about a 12v DC rotisserie? That, along with the interior mounted thermostat and maybe some kind of timer, would make it worthwhile.

-B-

humm. it dosent seem that way. if you dont mind me saying, hes not the one with almost 2,500 posts. so again WHO has to much time on their hands? id rather be under the hood with something creative then looking at a computer screen.
Thanks man for the support.. but careful, that's my boy you be dissin... he's allowed to give me a hard time. ;)

Nicely done with a touch of Red Green.
And I didn't even need the handy man's secret weapon!

Oh man this is too much, thanks everyone. Definitely got more than my 15 minutes' worth on this one.. B, I was actually thinking about the interior thermostat this evening, the :princess: has one of these for the kitchen, which actually works quite well. In fact I believe its purchase is what freed up the wood stove donar thermometer. You can pre-set temps, then when the probe gets there it beeps.. would be cake to snake that cable through the fire wall into the glovebox or something.. the current cable for the probe is only 4' long but could be extended with a quick trip to radio shack. Off to dream...
73287170193.jpg

Last edited:
nakman said:
You can pre-set temps, then when the probe gets there it beeps.. would be cake to snake that cable through the fire wall into the glovebox or something.. the current cable for the probe is only 4' long but could be extended with a quick trip to radio shack. Off to dream...

You'll have to build in some lead time - remember, when that thing beeps, you still have to pull over, park and get the hood open :D

when that thing beeps, you still have to pull over, park and get the hood open

LMAO!!!!

"I saw you pulled over with your hood open son, what seems to be the problem?"

"Oh nothing sir, just flipping my roast... got any garlic salt?"

bbq on the go

never would have thought to eat anything that came out of my engine bay

Koffer said:
Looking good
Too bad I got the SC in the way ;)

There ya go.. just remove part of that SC and turn it into a rotiserrie that is belt driven.

Find a way to mount that thing on gymbals and you can go rock crawling without spilling anything. Sweet! :D

Damnation the things I learn here. :eek:

My Pop's had a friend with a large family (average Mexican catholic family)
Had a setup where he used a pressure cooker for "Caldo de Res" (Beef stew)

best mod I've seen in a while!

In this vein, anything that could be done with hot dogs and the exhaust pipe?

Best thread I have seen in awhile.
Look forward to seeing how this moment of brillance takes off now that you were generous enough to share.

I bought one from Amazon....gotta have it before the next camp out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom