Some pics of a basically stock 100 (LX470) on trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was out at Hidden Falls TX last weekend with some Jeep friends. Delighted with how well the truck did. It Creeped perfectly over some of the steps that the other trucks stumbled on. Funny how surprised the heavily modded Jeepers were, both at the performance and the fact I'd take it on trails. Didn't have the heart to tell them I spent half of what they did on their rigs.

Only modifications are BFG KO2s and Slee step sliders - AHC did a great job.

A few more pinstriped than I wanted, but I did buy it for trail fun, so I'm not losing sleep. My 4 year old had a blast. Wish I had more pics, but all cameras seemed to be pointed at Jeeps.

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1894.JPG

IMG_1902.JPG

Yeah, most don't understand how truly capable the LX470/LC actually is...even in stock form. What year model is yours? I'm in Austin as well and just got a 98 LX470 last month. I haven't done the sliders yet, but removed the running boards. Mine already had almost new Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/70/R18 on Tundra wheels, so a tire upgrade isn't in my immediate future. Mine doesn't have the rear locker nor ATRAC that later models came out with and is only the 2-pinion dif vs. the 4-pinion on later models.

It's an '05. Would love to head out there with some other Toyotas. Will keep an eye on the club page. Looks like a few people are planning to go out this weekend but unfortunately I can't make it.

Yeah, most don't understand how truly capable the LX470/LC actually is...even in stock form. What year model is yours? I'm in Austin as well and just got a 98 LX470 last month. I haven't done the sliders yet, but removed the running boards. Mine already had almost new Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/70/R18 on Tundra wheels, so a tire upgrade isn't in my immediate future. Mine doesn't have the rear locker nor ATRAC that later models came out with and is only the 2-pinion dif vs. the 4-pinion on later models.

Your LX has a Limited Slip rear diff, which may or may not be working real well at this point. Mine has 192K on it and actually still works...but you've got to get the tires spinning pretty good before it really kicks in. Not something you'd want to do on the rocky trails you were on.

The 2 pinion open front diff will probably hold up to light off-roading ....provided you are judicious with the throttle and don't 'spin' the front tire(s) in conditions where they can suddenly 'grab'.

A good selectable locker up front would take care of that.

Steady throttle and A-TRAC are amazing things. Looks fun.

Steady throttle and A-TRAC are amazing things. Looks fun.

I haven't experienced it first hand (mine doesn't have ATRAC) but from some videos I have watched, I'm suitably impressed with what a stock vehicle (with a GOOD driver) can traverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom