SAS Solid Axle Summit 2018 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And it is with heavy heart that I read of your decision, but I fully understand. GLWS for sure.

John

Been lurking and am interested in possibly joining the '19 SAS in my FJ40 if youll have me. Ill keep my eyes open for the thread to open up...just to get out of the Phoenix heat in August is a plus too!
Join the caravan Murf! I just hope my 62 can keep up with your 40!

Been lurking and am interested in possibly joining the '19 SAS in my FJ40 if youll have me. Ill keep my eyes open for the thread to open up...just to get out of the Phoenix heat in August is a plus too!
Same here! Daughter is dying to join also. Wants to hit Moab before or after. Watching for a SAS '19 thread. Hopefully get it in before school starts back up in Florida.

Ok, so nationally, when do kids start school? We don't want to limit family attendance based on dates. I know we cut it close but we are shooting for a low traffic time frame working around other events and trail access. Too early and most are snow packed. Post up and we will take all that into account.

Last edited:
I was thinking Moab after SAS would be better. This way everyone can show up to Ouray intact and then break there stuff in Moab afterwards.

I was thinking Moab after SAS would be better. This way everyone can show up to Ouray intact and then break there stuff in Moab afterwards.

How would you consider Moab vs. Ouray in terms of serviceability/repair shops? I did notice a few shops in town in Moab if needed, but wasn't sure how much easier it would be to get back up and running in Moab as opposed to Ouray.

ANY CLOSER to an announcement on dates for 2019? thanks.

How would you consider Moab vs. Ouray in terms of serviceability/repair shops? I did notice a few shops in town in Moab if needed, but wasn't sure how much easier it would be to get back up and running in Moab as opposed to Ouray.
At SAS #2 I saw a lot of servicing and repair going on in and around camp - no better knowledgeable crew (complete with all required tools and equipment) on the face of the earth than SAS attendees :). But that's just my biased opinion.

There are more 4x4 shops in Moab and parts can be overnighted from Toyota thru Napa. The trails in Moab have more potential for carnage so there is the chance you could break something and miss part of SAS if everyone went to Moab first.

Last edited:
Ok, so nationally, when do kids start school? We don't want to limit family attendance based on dates. I know we cut it close but we are shooting for a low traffic time frame working around other events and trail access. Too early and most are snow packed. Post up and we will take all that into account.

Haven't seen anyone else chime in... My oldest daughter who will be coming goes back to school on August 10th.

Cutting it pretty close with a drive back to Florida. I'll put her on a plane to get back in time if I have to!

Whatever the dates may be that is my goal to have my new build ready. Long way to go. Keeping the 80 on stand by to make it this year. I will not make the mistake of doing last minute mods again.
48B0FE3A-C45B-4EA9-B13D-C2430CF5B599.jpeg

Haven't seen anyone else chime in... My oldest daughter who will be coming goes back to school on August 10th.

Cutting it pretty close with a drive back to Florida. I'll put her on a plane to get back in time if I have to!

Would be cool to see you there. My kids are home schooled, so the dates don’t matter to much.

Whatever the dates may be that is my goal to have my new build ready. Long way to go. Keeping the 80 on stand by to make it this year. I will not make the mistake of doing last minute mods again.
View attachment 1864481

Awesome!!

View attachment 1864481

Build thread? Looks like your making a FZJ73?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom