Snorkels! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered one. Don't know if I'll ever get around to installing it though. Serious snorkel question. I know I'll probably never use it for a water crossing. I do however live in a place that's really dusty and hot. Think I'll notice a difference in intake air temps with it?

Ive heard it does lower temps, I'm not sure how much however. It does help a lot with keeping some dust from clogging your air filter however.

Yes. I think you will. I have seen a few threads on it. I'm getting one for the cooler temps and the "chicks dig it" factor. :flipoff2:

Search here or Google it. There's a lot of discussion on Chinese/cheaper vs. ARB here and elsewhere. :worms:

Yes. I think you will. I have seen a few threads on it. I'm getting one for the cooler temps and the "chicks dig it" factor. :flipoff2:
More like chicks say, "WTF is that?:confused:" I think you'll mostly be impressing the boys with your snorkel :flipoff2:

I just installed my chinese snorkel and it is 100% solid. I am very happy with the quality and would recommend it to anyone looking to NOT pay a whole lot more for a snorkel with a brand name stamped on it.

And as far as chicks digging it, I had a very attractive young lady at work tell me this morning "Did you always have that big black thing on there? It looks really cool. I approve!" That alone was worth the $80 I spent on mine.

I just installed my chinese snorkel and it is 100% solid. I am very happy with the quality and would recommend it to anyone looking to NOT pay a whole lot more for a snorkel with a brand name stamped on it.

And as far as chicks digging it, I had a very attractive young lady at work tell me this morning "Did you always have that big black thing on there? It looks really cool. I approve!" That alone was worth the $80 I spent on mine.

Was she really talking about your snorkel? Or was she talking about your SNORKEL!!!!!!! (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Know what I mean? Know what I mean?)

I thought since it was a Chinese snorkel, it would be a LOT smaller?

Was she really talking about your snorkel? Or was she talking about your SNORKEL!!!!!!! (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Know what I mean? Know what I mean?)

I thought since it was a Chinese snorkel, it would be a LOT smaller?

It took EVERY OUNCE of will power I have to "That;s what she said" after several of my comments. I am glad I am not the only weirdo on here...

Last edited:
I'll say one thing for a snorkel. I installed a OEM washable air filter, and have near 40,000 miles on it and it's still near spotless. My 4runner goes through filters in about 5-7,000 miles.

I was just about to pull the trigger and then I saw the $30 shipping charge. Its really only a few bucks savings over the regular price on dorkels.
This one is $67 shipped and they are $69 shipped all the time on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom