Shop to install OME caster correction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the bottom of the ice chest, I think.....:D

LX_TREME said:
T, off the topic. Would you please change your attitude :doh: fawk i mean the blue color, it hurting my eyes here. I wont be able 'njoy to read da mud with my '22s Sony flat screen anymore... :frown:

Shouldn't you be by the pool ?? Bastid!

TY

I have worked at automotive dealerships, repair businesses and on Land Cruisers since the mid 70's . If we quote 2 hours of labor to do a job, that does not mean that it will be ready 120 minutes after you sign the work order. If you show up, seem to be relaxed and in no hurry and decide to wait around, don't arrange to leave your vehicle, do not tell anyone, that "I have an important meeting in 2 hours", or "I really need to be out of here in 2 hours" and it actually takes 3 hours to do the job, don't be surprised. If you have to be someplace, or have something else to do, say so, we'll give you a ride or make an effort to get you on the road ASAP. We don't read minds. Yes we worked on an FJ60 that had an appointment w/Cal Test only smog later that day, which did cause Kemasa to be at our shop 3 hours instead of the 2 we charged for the job, but again, if you have a time constraint, let us know and we'll try to do something about it. Don't sit there and say nothing. (yes, I agree the chairs in the employee lunch room suck)I personally would like a Shihatso massage chair, but that will take a s**tload of bushing installs.

I really don't even know why I’m going to touch this but hey... I think T did all the slappin we need in this thread. Good job killer… I just wanted to thank you for NOT bringing your rig to our shop... I could only imagin the flaming you would have given us as we do not even have a "lunch room with broken chairs"... Hell our bathroom doesn't even have a working light at the moment!

Bottom line sorry to hear about your non cushy experience, it happens. And a reminder is this...this is the "MUD board" NOT the BMW or the Audi or the.....

-Ammo

:popcorn:

:beer:

You really need to work in a shop for a few weeks... :rolleyes:

get that rod out of your ass

kemasa said:
I got to MAF around 8:30am, they open at 8am. They were just getting the vehicles out of the shop (slow start on Monday?). While I was told that it would take 2 hours, it actually took around 3, in part because they did not get started right away. The actual time to do it would be more like 1.5 hours or less. This is one issue which they should learn about which is setting false expectations, which was more of an issue since I was waiting (I did learn a few things about large trucks which I did not know, watching them work).

AMMO said:
I I could only imagin the flaming you would have given us as we do not even have a "lunch room with broken chairs"... Hell our bathroom doesn't even have a working light at the moment!
-Ammo

Could have driven to Golden. That is why we have leather coaches, wifi (this weekend), TV/DVD/VHS, imported Australian magazines and a coffee bar :D

Oh, the drama of warning people of places were they'll be waiting in a shop for unknown periods of time, on dark damp rooms with crooked chairs. With a TV that only shows infomercials.

This thread belongs in chat from the very begining.

Alvaro

woody said:
Harbor Freight - keyword "shop" - 20 ton press is $250 ($200 on sale) or a 12-ton for $135 ($99 on sale)

my 20 ton combined with Christo's slick alum gizmo's popped the bushings out easy

ya know, I'm surprised a shop like Christo's doesn't have an exchange option....send some already-bushed arms out to the customer, have them pay a ridiculous deposit, and then have the customer return their originals and get their deposit back....

We did mine with a 12-ton Harbor Freight... man that was dicey. I kept expecting to die. I think my buddy who owns it is going to weld up the frame of the press for more strength. A 20-ton should be no problems.

sleeoffroad said:
Could have driven to Golden. That is why we have leather coaches, wifi (this weekend), TV/DVD/VHS, imported Australian magazines and a coffee bar :D

And you call yourself a land cruiser shop? :flipoff2:

CruisinGA said:
And you call yourself a land cruiser shop? :flipoff2:

An alternative lifestyle landcruiser shop .... NTTAWWT

:D

hehe .. I can say that cause I know Slee can't read this ;p

sleeoffroad said:
Sure, that is what you think

Heyyy, no changing my 3's to F's .. :frown:

TY

I could go into what I was told, but it really does not matter. Some seem to think that my comments are negative or attacking on MAF, which is not my intent. My intent is to tell people that instead of waiting, it is best to leave the vehicle, that is all.

It seems that many like to focus on certain issues rather than the suggestion. Perhaps I should have just said that it is best to just leave the vehicle and leave it at that. Some seem to have a desire to read more into what I said than I what I wrote. It is kind of funny really and sad too. I guess that some people just want to attack others.

I only mentioned things which might affect others. The fact is that MAF has a small shop and due to that, I think it is far better to just leave the vehicle. They did good work and have a good attitude. All of the people there are nice. The next time I will just plan on leaving my vehicle and call later to see if it is done and then go back and what I suggest others do. Why is it so hard for others to get that point? I explained the reason first, so that others would know, that is all.

So instead of reading what you want into what I said, try reading what I wrote, nothing more.

kemasa said:
I could go into what I was told, but it really does not matter. Some seem to think that my comments are negative or attacking on MAF, which is not my intent. My intent is to tell people that instead of waiting, it is best to leave the vehicle, that is all.

It seems that many like to focus on certain issues rather than the suggestion. Perhaps I should have just said that it is best to just leave the vehicle and leave it at that. Some seem to have a desire to read more into what I said than I what I wrote. It is kind of funny really and sad too. I guess that some people just want to attack others.

I only mentioned things which might affect others. The fact is that MAF has a small shop and due to that, I think it is far better to just leave the vehicle. They did good work and have a good attitude. All of the people there are nice. The next time I will just plan on leaving my vehicle and call later to see if it is done and then go back and what I suggest others do. Why is it so hard for others to get that point? I explained the reason first, so that others would know, that is all.

So instead of reading what you want into what I said, try reading what I wrote, nothing more.

So let me understand:

This thread started with finding a shop to do your caster correction.... right...

Then you received several quotes.... one of witch was more expensive then the first.......

And this was a key point, was how much $$$$$$$$$$ it would cost not who does good quality work.... right?

Then you made your decision and had the work preformed by a shop that you admit did good work, but disliked the shop experience....

Maybe if people would understand the cost of running a small business and would pay the extra dollar rather then shop for the cut throat deal... a small shop could afforded to make a nice waiting room with cushy chairs and TV...

Support your local 4X4 shop and they will support you when you need them... right....

Done. Done. And Done.

landtank said:
warning prople that they should drop off a vehicle when having a lengthly job done, unlike an oil change, is like warning people that if they go out in the rain they will get wet.

Yes, but, it looks like there are some that need that warning! :rolleyes:

AMMO said:
So let me understand:
Then you made your decision and had the work preformed by a shop that you admit did good work, but disliked the shop experience....

No, you do not understand. You are wrong when you said that I disliked the shop experience. I said that the time I was told it would take was not correct and that the waiting area was not great, also it is a small shop, so I suggested to others that if they have work there that they just leave the vehicle instead of waiting, regardlless of what they are having done.

The overall experience was fine and the only thing I really disliked were the chairs in the lunch room, which is why I went and sat under a tree instead, much nicer. I have recommended MAF to others as the work was good and the people were nice.

Sometimes it can be difficult to drop off a vehicle and it takes time and effort to do that, so if the time needed is short enough, it is sometimes worth it to wait. In this case, due to numerous reasons, I suggest to just leave the vehicle if possible, which is what I will do in the future.

For some reason, people like to attack and focus on minor issues and blow them out of proportion. I guess they have nothing better to do than to make themselves feel better by making nasty comments towards others. The funny thing is I posted the same message to another location and did not get any of the nasty comments that I got here.

kemasa said:
No, you do not understand. You are wrong when you said that I disliked the shop experience. I said that the time I was told it would take was not correct and that the waiting area was not great, also it is a small shop, so I suggested to others that if they have work there that they just leave the vehicle instead of waiting, regardlless of what they are having done.

The overall experience was fine and the only thing I really disliked were the chairs in the lunch room, which is why I went and sat under a tree instead, much nicer. I have recommended MAF to others as the work was good and the people were nice.

Sometimes it can be difficult to drop off a vehicle and it takes time and effort to do that, so if the time needed is short enough, it is sometimes worth it to wait. In this case, due to numerous reasons, I suggest to just leave the vehicle if possible, which is what I will do in the future.

For some reason, people like to attack and focus on minor issues and blow them out of proportion. I guess they have nothing better to do than to make themselves feel better by making nasty comments towards others. The funny thing is I posted the same message to another location and did not get any of the nasty comments that I got here.

YET AGAIN!

ThatOtherGuy.jpg

CAN ONE OF THE MODERATORS PLEASE DELETE THIS USELESS BANTER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom