Shop to install OME caster correction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm getting my receipt...hold tight....had to eat dinner.
Discount tire???

kemasa said:
Hi, I am looking for a shop in the San Fernado Valley/LA area/Ventura County which will intalled the OME caster correction for a reasonable price and know what they are doing. I would be willing to drive a bit further if the price is good AND the place does good work.

TIA.

Hey Kemesa,

I just went through this too.

I took my measurements, marked the arms, pulled them off and brought the arms and bushings to Kenyon Machine in San Diego and they charged me $125. I thought it was steep at first, but they got them right on and the truck drives MUCH better now!

Let me know if you want more info on them

lxed how much exactly did you pay the guy to install your OME? Was the installation tied to having purchase the tires from the tire store? I still need to replace my tires as you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, Discount tire. 18295 Soledad Canyon Rd
in Canyon Country. The name of the guy who put
them on is Rumple (at least it's pronounced that way).
The Asst mgr may also remember me. I just had an oil
change a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
kemasa said:
Sure, I will sell you them for the price from MAF, as well as the installation, plus shipping :)

Easy there big fella. Just saying that if you went with MAF, it'd be no "extra" money for you, as I need a set too. It sounds like you've got some other options, so best of luck to you, I'll just get mine from Slee...

Christ, my local mech did it for $108 cdn and I got the bushes from slee. I didn't even have the cool tool then. I think he just used a perfect sized socket. Sure makes a bang when the old bushes let go. He used a 20 to press. Just barely big enough.
Cheers,
Sean

ats4x4dotcom said:
Its certainly not rocket surgery, and is as easy as reading a tape measure, and straight edge.

All i used was a plumb bob. Parked the vehicle on a level surface, hung a plumb bob outside the nut, marked the control arm on the plumb line running through the bolt, worked fine! I got that idea from somone on Pirate i think. Worked great!

Hey Kemasa, Have you tried K&H imports in canoga park? I think the guys name is Rich who owns the shop. I would check with him and see what he has to say. Also if you ever need a hand on working on your LC let me know. It would be great to help out a local club member.
Danny

NexusD said:
Hey Kemasa, Have you tried K&H imports in canoga park? I think the guys name is Rich who owns the shop. I would check with him and see what he has to say. Also if you ever need a hand on working on your LC let me know. It would be great to help out a local club member.
Danny

Yes, I called them and they don't do the caster correction. I am not sure if I talked to Rich or not though.

Thanks for the offer. If you need help, let me know. I am better with eletrical than mechanical.

re_guderian said:
Easy there big fella. Just saying that if you went with MAF, it'd be no "extra" money for you, as I need a set too. It sounds like you've got some other options, so best of luck to you, I'll just get mine from Slee...

Hey, just joking since their price is very high, so it would cost more than going elsewhere.

I got mine from Slee. I also have the tool, in case anyone in the LA, CA needs to borrow it (after I get mine installed). I don't consider MAF an option due to the price, but I do have other leads and my end up just doing it myself.

kemasa said:
Hey, just joking since their price is very high, so it would cost more than going elsewhere.

I got mine from Slee. I also have the tool, in case anyone in the LA, CA needs to borrow it (after I get mine installed). I don't consider MAF an option due to the price, but I do have other leads and my end up just doing it myself.

Understand as MAF seems WAY high $. As I look at this, it seems like buying the 20 ton press from HF is the cheapest option. Though I'm not sure what I'd do with a 20 ton press after I use it 8 times...

re_guderian said:
Understand as MAF seems WAY high $. As I look at this, it seems like buying the 20 ton press from HF is the cheapest option. Though I'm not sure what I'd do with a 20 ton press after I use it 8 times...

Well, if you are lucky the press will survive 8 uses and if it shows any problems, then you return it. If it lasts, then you can sell it on eBay or to someone else who wants to do the caster correction.

A friend got the spring compressors from HF and those are scary as the threaded rods bend quite a bit. He returned it. I would not have used them again.

I talked to Steve and Al at Man-A-Fre and they told me $200 to do the caster correction, but that was also buying the whole lift from them. I couldn't tell if you asked Man-A-Fre the price on installing the bushings if you only bought the bushings from them or not. If they say no because you didn't buy the whole kit then I guess it's a no go, but if they will do it for you if you buy the busings then it might be worth doing it and selling yours. And if this post is completely redundant becuase I am confused then just ingnore me :grinpimp:

CLARIFICATION!!!

I spoke with Al at Man-A-Fre this morning and here is the bottome line:

Man-A-Fre will install any OME kit at their shop regardless of where it was purchased. They also install just about anything there, they have done Slee bumpers and sliders there.

Labor charges are as follows:

Caster correction bushings if you bring in the arms yourself $127.50 total for both.

Caster correction bushings if you bring the whole 80 in $170.00 total for both.

Complete OME lift with caster correction bushings installed $650.00

They will do the caster correction the same day if you call in the morning and it will take one day to do the whole lift.

Call the service manager Robert at (805) 578-8712 extension 116.

Good to hear. I think they're doing a good job of trying to overcome some of their reputation from the past. No pissing contests and installing stuff at normal labor rates is the way to get customers and quality of work and service is the way to retain.

I'm trying to get over there sometime this month, I need my caster set as well...a little loose under hard breaking...

I called and made an appointment. Quite strange, I guess it depends on who you talk to, either that or something has changed. While it would be cheaper to do it myself, it is easier and they quoted a time of 2 hours, compared to 4 hours of others places.

To be quite honest, it is like night and day with talking them these two times.

Thank you very much for checking things out with them!!!

Todd, if you get over this way and need help or anything, please let me know. I live around 5 miles from them.

kemasa said:
Todd, if you get over this way and need help or anything, please let me know. I live around 5 miles from them.

Shoot, I'll need someone to have a couple :beer: :beer: with while they install my junk. Living the life of the garage-less is kinda annoying!

After I install my lift I have to head down to Agoura/Simi on business and might have Man-A-Fre do my bushings if I can't get them done up here reasonably. I lived in Simi before we moved up here. And your welcome on the research, it just didn't sound right to me so I had to clarify with them. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom