Shop to install OME caster correction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kemasa said:
(another person who had done it several times flaked on me).

I better stay quiet on this one

Alvaro

Holy crap, what are you guys......12?

Actually I smell a good story there somewhere. I think we need to hear this one. ;)

kemasa said:
I only have the 2.5" lift, otherwise I would do that.

It's a bit obvious, but I'll say it anyway. Take a measure. Your ride might still be within tolerance and the time and trouble might not be necessary.

Kalawang

I put in the caster bushings on my OME medium lift after 3 weeks without....most daily driving situations, no difference....where I DID notice it was during braking on bumpy road sections...the truck seemed to "dart" a bit, side to side, and with the bushings in place it became more stable....

since I tow a heavy trailer a lot, it made a very noticable difference to me...

silvercruiser said:
Link Motorsports in El Segundo does great work 310-322-2555

I called them and they have only done one of each type of caster correction. I was told by Christo that they do it in around 2 hours (on the vehicle), 1 hour off. I was quoted $300-$400, which seems high to me.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

TIA.

Harbor Freight - keyword "shop" - 20 ton press is $250 ($200 on sale) or a 12-ton for $135 ($99 on sale)

my 20 ton combined with Christo's slick alum gizmo's popped the bushings out easy

ya know, I'm surprised a shop like Christo's doesn't have an exchange option....send some already-bushed arms out to the customer, have them pay a ridiculous deposit, and then have the customer return their originals and get their deposit back....

Kemasa, you are literally on top of Man-A-Fre, who have done this many, many times. Give them a call and ask for Steve who goes on this list as Steve-O. They have a banner on here now so the number is up there pretty frequently.

If you don't prefer MAF, then try TLC in Van Nuys (www.tlc4x4.com). You'd be hard pressed to find someone saying something bad about their quality of work. A bit expensive, but done right.

If you're super cheap and really self-motivated and have the press tool Christo provides then pull the arms off yourself (after marking them appropriately) and take it to any competent machine shop with a good press. It typically only takes a 20-ton unit but finding one that is 40-ton makes it less exciting.

Or start posting on the 80scool SoCal list and/or NorCal list. Check out the LA TLCA chapter for some more direction too.

For that price you could remove them, mail them to a reputable shop and have them mailed back.

clownmidget said:
Kemasa, you are literally on top of Man-A-Fre, who have done this many, many times. Give them a call and ask for Steve who goes on this list as Steve-O. They have a banner on here now so the number is up there pretty frequently.

If you don't prefer MAF, then try TLC in Van Nuys (www.tlc4x4.com). You'd be hard pressed to find someone saying something bad about their quality of work. A bit expensive, but done right.

If you're super cheap and really self-motivated and have the press tool Christo provides then pull the arms off yourself (after marking them appropriately) and take it to any competent machine shop with a good press. It typically only takes a 20-ton unit but finding one that is 40-ton makes it less exciting.

Or start posting on the 80scool SoCal list and/or NorCal list. Check out the LA TLCA chapter for some more direction too.

I called Man-aFre, I was told $700 and that they would not do it if I already had the parts, which I do. The banner is at the top of this page as I type this.

I will check with TLC.

One concern I have is with figuring out the correct placement.

That is why I use FedEx ground, it is cheaper.

TLC - $495 plus $65 for an alignment, he said it would take 4-5 hours.

In some ways it would be tempting to make a trip to Colorado, but there would be the issue with the price of gas and other issues, but it would be a nice trip.

kemasa said:
I called Man-aFre, I was told $700 and that they would not do it if I already had the parts, which I do. The banner is at the top of this page as I type this.

I will check with TLC.

One concern I have is with figuring out the correct placement.

Hmmm. $700 to measure, R&R the arms and R&R bushings? Maybe that's a mistake...

They quoted me significantly lower but I also bought my springs and shocks from them...

That is what they said, but it does not matter since I have the part already and they refuse to install them unless they sold them to me, which would increase the price as I would have to buy them again. TLC is close to $500, so it is not far off really.

OME intstall by a rookie

I took a chance and had a guy do the whole ome install.
(shocks, springs, bushings, steering damper) I purchased
nitto terra graps from him though. If I remember correctly
about $250 above and beyond the tires. So a good price.
Discount tire in Canyon Country. 411 will get you the number.
Tell him Steve the bald guy refered you. I want to say 3ish hrs.

Pressing in the bushings is really the only hard thing to get right
besides holding all your junk off the
ground when you drop the axels. I also think he guessed right on
the springs which no one ever knows if the drivers side markings
are left or right since they are made in Aussie, but supposedly some
where labled for US. But who has what inventory on had is the question.
And do they know the diff?
Any way there is a referal for ya

Cold air intake is another nice mod if you havent done that yet. Bumps
the hp even more than you loose on bigger tires.

kemasa said:
That is what they said, but it does not matter since I have the part already and they refuse to install them unless they sold them to me, which would increase the price as I would have to buy them again. TLC is close to $500, so it is not far off really.

Sell me your bushings and tool, then get new ones from MAF... :)

Is this the place?

America's Tire
(661)263-1091
(FAX) 263-1293 26475 Bouquet Canyon Rd.
Santa Clarita, CA 91350

It seems that Discount Tire and America's Tire are the same chain. I called, although they were closed, they said that they were not in Canyon Country and did not have a place there, so this seems to be the closest location.

kemasa said:
It seems that Discount Tire and America's Tire are the same chain.

It's a fact, jack.

Oops! Edit to say thay Discount Tire COMPANY and America's Tire COMPANY are the same chain. Discount Tire CENTER is not... :doh:

Last edited:
re_guderian said:
Sell me your bushings and tool, then get new ones from MAF... :)

Sure, I will sell you them for the price from MAF, as well as the installation, plus shipping :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom