September POTM - FJ55TLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Neat frame, source?

The license plate frame came from "Frame Generation". I was hoping not to have chrome, but unfortunately didn't have any alternative. It is on my swing away.
By the way, "FJ55 Adventures" is the name of my YouTube channel. (Shameless plug)

Slow day at work so I removed and resealed my rear differential. Repacked my rear wheel bearings. Rotated and balanced my tires. Replaced all the drive line fluids. Lubed up the drive shafts. And got the lower hi-lift jack mount finished. Now I can focus on the rear winch and the upper hi-lift jack mount.

Been watching for a while. Killer work and immediately that was on my wish list. I am wondering what you did with the crossmember. My bumper has four bolts that attach it at the middle of the crossmember.

I got another project done! Because of the rear winch project, the hi-lift jack mount I had wasn't going to work. So I made a new one. The best part is that it is made all out of scrap and it didn't cast me anything. It holds it tight so there is no rattling and now it includes a lock so my jack doesn't go to a new home without my consent.
IMG_20190426_182609.jpg

Here is the upper mount:
IMG_20190426_181241.jpg

Here is the lower mount:
IMG_20190426_181305.jpg

And here it is with the jack:
IMG_20190426_182508.jpg

Now I just need to finish the rear winch project. It's getting close.

Almost ready to install the winch for the last time. I need to make a 3 more bolts that are a correct length, that is why there are empty bolt holes. I did end up notching the rear body underneath the tailgate so the winch fits higher. I reinforce the channel I stalled a long time ago. It didn't take much since it is 5/16" thick.
IMG_20190427_160810.jpg

The rear winch is in and the lights are wired. I am still waiting to receive the power cables that I ordered. I still need to get all the cable off the drum and wrap it better in the opposite direction. I also want to run the wire for the in cab control.
IMG_20190503_195138.jpg

IMG_20190503_195058.jpg

There are a few more things to weld but this is almost finished.

The lights are just some l.e.d. lights I have had around. I don't remember the manufacturer. I had to modify them to fit. They are way to bright to come on every time I use reverse so I have them wired to a switch.
Thanks Bob, where else would you keep a spare hub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom