September Cleanup!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in and not sure how many with me yet. I am also headed north on I-17. Where is the Cruiser Caravan meeting at, and what time are we meeting? This could be sweet to show a little cruiser presence on the highway north. :D

Also how many are camping over night?

Cantinero

i am plannin to camp, the family might want to come not sure yet. if they come i will prolly head out sat morn and stay the night.

-----

Quote: Let's assume 9:00 AM at the Fossil Creek bridge, yes?
---------------

South on I-17 - Camp Verde - East 260 - FR 708 to fossil creek bridge or

North on I-17 - Camp Verde - East 260 - FR 708 to fossil creek bridge

-----------
Rollcall:

Bman +1 / tacoma

Desertdude + Desertgirl66 / Tacoma ( maybe a small trailer if needed)

rhino +1,,, err,,, thing pulling a small trailer

freightdog and his wife

RUSH55

xrock = possibly bringing the wife

Daryl 'Big D' Griffiths + more

i would think about 6:30, QT seems to be the meeting spot for us so how bout QT at N.W. corner I-17 T-bird

I talked to Larry styles the ranger for the blue ridge district. He knew nothing about the cleanup and told me the Fossil Creek bridge is in the Rim Rock district out of Sedona. I couldn't get any information from him about cleanups at all, maybe he wasn't that concerned. :confused: I found out later talking to someone else he is retiring at the end of the month. :rolleyes: I wish we could get the forest service involved somehow. I've have a cabin up north for three years and I don't think I could count all the new trails from the ATV up there. It would be nice if we could show sonething positive. :) If you want to see something sad compare a forest service maps from 1970 and 2000. The number of road and areas that are closed now is really sad. :frown:

I plan on being there to meet everybody. I was hoping to bring my Fj25 but it's stuck in the valley right now for repairs. I just titled and registered my m416 trailer and will bring it along. If nothing else I'll bring my 4Runner, I know Bman has seen my 4Runner he took a picture of it last Nov. on I 17 and the 101 do you remember? The last time I was on the Fossel Creek road, General Crooke's Trail wasn't even paved out of Camp Verde (260 now). Use to go to Verde hot springs in the early 70s. So I know where the turn off is out of Camp Verde but where do you turn off in Strewberry? I'll be coming south on hwy 87 and I think it's quicker coming in that way.

John

Living in the Past said:
I talked to Larry styles the ranger for the blue ridge district. He knew nothing about the cleanup and told me the Fossil Creek bridge is in the Rim Rock district out of Sedona. I couldn't get any information from him about cleanups at all, maybe he wasn't that concerned. :confused: I found out later talking to someone else he is retiring at the end of the month. :rolleyes: I wish we could get the forest service involved somehow. I've have a cabin up north for three years and I don't think I could count all the new trails from the ATV up there. It would be nice if we could show sonething positive. :) If you want to see something sad compare a forest service maps from 1970 and 2000. The number of road and areas that are closed now is really sad. :frown:

I plan on being there to meet everybody. I was hoping to bring my Fj25 but it's stuck in the valley right now for repairs. I just titled and registered my m416 trailer and will bring it along. If nothing else I'll bring my 4Runner, I know Bman has seen my 4Runner he took a picture of it last Nov. on I 17 and the 101 do you remember? The last time I was on the Fossel Creek road, General Crooke's Trail wasn't even paved out of Camp Verde (260 now). Use to go to Verde hot springs in the early 70s. So I know where the turn off is out of Camp Verde but where do you turn off in Strewberry? I'll be coming south on hwy 87 and I think it's quicker coming in that way.

John

In Strawberry turn onto the paved road across the street from the A frame bar (the only bar :) ) You will travel on paved road thru the residential district for about 3 miles before it turns to dirt. Stay on the main road and you can’t miss it.

LandCruiserPhil said:
In Strawberry turn onto the paved road across the street from the A frame bar (the only bar :) ) You will travel on paved road thru the residential district for about 3 miles before it turns to dirt. Stay on the main road and you can’t miss it.

And take REAL care going down that hill. The dirt-type is VERY slippery and many have lost their lives on that stretch of road. No risk IF taken slowly. :)

Thanks for the help I know I've been down that road before just not that far. I will be careful on dirt road thanks for the warning. I more scared driving thru Strawberry, only town I know that pipes propane under ground to their homes. Had to covert a furnace many years ago, saw a meter on the side of the cabin told the owner you must have natural gas :confused: he said Strawberry has propane piped underground thru it. :eek:

John

anyone had a chance to check out the site for the amount of trash? just wondering if I need to tow a trailer?

Phil - could you dial in the GPS coordinates of that campsite we spoke about?

John,
Yes I remember your trucks well. You were prolly wonderin what in the hell is that guy in the Tacoma doing. Glad to hear you're coming.

The road from Strawberry IS 2wd passable, correct?

Hi Branden
It's funny I told my wife that some guy was taking a picture of my 25 on the freeway and that is will probably show up somewhere on the net. She thought I was crazy. Two days later Cruiser_nerd Emailed with a link to the tread and asked me if it was mine. My wife just kept looking at it like she couldn't believe it did show up. Of course she thinks all cruiser people are nuts.

I checked my 2000 Coconino National Forest map and it shows the road from Strawberry as an all weather road, better than from the Camp Verde side. At least to the Irving power station it's all weather. I've never been down that way. Always came in from the Verde side and turn off at Child's sub station turn off. It looks like Fossel creek crosses under the road pretty close to the Irving power station. I'm assuming the bridge is where the creek cross under that forest service road (708 I think). If it is it looks a lot shorter from the Strawberry side but I think it is a lot steeper drop than the Verde side.

John

Living in the Past said:
Hi Branden
It's funny I told my wife that some guy was taking a picture of my 25 on the freeway and that is will probably show up somewhere on the net. She thought I was crazy. Two days later Cruiser_nerd Emailed with a link to the tread and asked me if it was mine. My wife just kept looking at it like she couldn't believe it did show up. Of course she thinks all cruiser people are nuts.

I checked my 2000 Coconino National Forest map and it shows the road from Strawberry as an all weather road, better than from the Camp Verde side. At least to the Irving power station it's all weather. I've never been down that way. Always came in from the Verde side and turn off at Child's sub station turn off. It looks like Fossel creek crosses under the road pretty close to the Irving power station. I'm assuming the bridge is where the creek cross under that forest service road (708 I think). If it is it looks a lot shorter from the Strawberry side but I think it is a lot steeper drop than the Verde side.

John
Howdy! I'm not sure if I am going up on Friday nite or Saturday morning. I'm near McClintock and Chandler Blvd. The Other John

just-john said:
john . jeremy and the dog leaving from chandler.Where and at what time can we meet up with
somebody heading up.
Howdy, again. Looks like I hit the wrong "reply" button. Forgive me, for I am the new guy!!

I'll be heading up through Payson on Sat AM. Planning on bailing out of town pretty friggin early though, prolly around 5:30 or 6:00 am. Would be more than happy to hook up for a caravan of sorts at the Basha's parking lot at Ellsworth and Brown Rd. for a 6:am roll out. My radio will be tuned to ch 19 for anyone who might be a couple minutes behind. My cell # is 602-763-0529 if you don't have a radio (SHAME SHAME). I will be doing all my prep on Friday night prior to leaving so there is no plan for a gas or food stop beyond that point. There is a gas styation at the interesection but the Owner is a price gouging bastard so I suggest filling up prior to meeting.

Post here if you would like to meet me here. Otherwise I will assume that I'm rolling up solo and will bypass the stop at Basha's if I'm running early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom