September Cleanup!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cantinero said:
Just found this. I don't know if it is in the area you are talking about or not. If not then I look forward to attending. BTW, how long does it usually take to process membership applications?

Here is the info and where I got it and a map link of the area at the bottom.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/conditions/index.shtml

Red Rock Ranger District
Closure Order

7/26/05
There is an "area closure" in effect for the Flume Trail and Fossil Creek area to the wilderness boundary north of the Irving Power Plant. This closure is expected to remain in affect over the next several years during the deconstruction activities of the flume structure and facilities. The Flume Trailhead located near the Irving Power Plant along FR708 is officially closed including access to Fossil Creek south of the springs. The Fossil Spring Trail and trailhead located on the Tonto NF along FR708 above the spring will remain open. Access to the Flume Trail from Fossil Spring is closed.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/conditions/closure-orders/6-14-05-flume-trail-closure.pdf

D

Also is there any chance of getting a couple of songs from an Arizona home grown indie band like (RCPM) Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers?

Hiked Fossil Springs last Friday. FH708 is open though. And yes, the Flume Trail is closed. It's now a possible death walk to cross the spillway from the Flume Trail into the spring area. (Or visa-versa)
It monsooned while we were at the Springs. That made for a long 4-mile hike out soaking wet.

Last edited:
On the phone with the forest service today I mentioned possibly reconstructing the retaining wall at Sugarloaf/Sycamore Creek, he was very interested. He said, this is exactly the type of project I am looking for from volunteers. His advice is to shoot some pictures of the area and the work that needs to be done and submit them to the wetlands engineer (he gave me her contact info) for approval. When we have her approval he will line up the equipment needed to get the job done, backhoe, cement mixer. He said the best time frame would be November to January for the lowest water flow and best weather.

1st cruiser trip

Hopefully I'll be able to bring my FJ to your cleanup event. Can't wait to see some other cruisers. All I see around the westside is HEEP's!!!

Looking forward to this as my first event unless you guys have another Cruiser run before this. I'll check the forum for anything happening and more info.

Thanks...

As of today I have not yet heard any news from the FS regarding this cleanup. Being that Shotts has been in to the creek since the reopening I call it a go regardless of FS involvement. We have heard that because of the political unrest over the subject of the area we probably wouldn't get much response from the FS and this seems to be holding true.

As of right now this is a go at this site. Meeting times and locations to be set very soon.

Fossal Springs area closure

I just checked this web site
http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/conditions/index.shtml

Is the fossel creek bridge in this area? I talked to my neighbor up in Blue Ridge who is full time resident and he said that everybody from the Blue Ridge ranger station was down in the area helping the DEA and FBI with road closures and other duties. I will be up in the area for the first week of September and will try and get more information. I guess the first thought was to burn all the plants on site but than thought it might not be a good idea because if the wind blows the smoke across highway 87 and someone had a accident that the Feds might be liable :doh: So now it is all being hauled out by helicopter which is going to take awhile.

John

interesting - when I click on the link for this - Fossil Springs Wilderness is under a "Temporary Closure Order" for an undetermined length of time to aid in the investigation of illegal drug activity.

Click here for Forest Order
------------------

I get this:
------------------
File Unavailable

The file you requested is not available.

Looks like we are late :)

The Forest Service has opened the area up. I talked to someone who was up there last weekend and he said Fossil Creek was really flowing. I guess it's needed for the pot plants anymore. So is this clean up a go or are the gas prices going to kill it for most people?

John

Living in the Past said:
So is this clean up a go or are the gas prices going to kill it for most people?

John

gas prices, i look at it this way. if gas prices kill it for anyone they didnt really want to go. quit smokin for a while and you just paid for your trip, quit drinkin or hangin at the titty bar and you paid for the trip, skip dinner out and a movie, guess what? you paid for the trip. see what i mean??
its all just a matter what ya WANT to do.

I'm not sure if I going but if I don't it won't be because of gas prices. I will be in happy Jack for a week starting tomorrow. I have a few questions like does the Forest Service provide a trailer for trash. If not I could bring a trailer but where do you dump the trash. There is a transfer station at Clint's Wells but do not feel we should have to pay for other people's trash. I will ask somebody in the Forest service about this.

John

RHINO said:
gas prices, i look at it this way. if gas prices kill it for anyone they didnt really want to go. quit smokin for a while and you just paid for your trip, quit drinkin or hangin at the titty bar and you paid for the trip, skip dinner out and a movie, guess what? you paid for the trip. see what i mean??
its all just a matter what ya WANT to do.

Quit hangin at the titty bar - how did you know that was me??

For some people, food's gonna win out over gas. I don't think it's the people eating out and going to titty bars and movies crying about gas on this particular page. Gas prices are surely gonna put a damper on my recreational 4xing, but this clean up is in my back yard, so as long as it's still at the end of the month, I'm down.

i dont think anybody in this venue is complaining about prices like that.
notice in my original statement i didnt say choose gas over feeding junior and the examples i listed are of entertainment or self gratification. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom