September Cleanup!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living in the Past said:
Hi Branden
It's funny I told my wife that some guy was taking a picture of my 25 on the freeway and that is will probably show up somewhere on the net. She thought I was crazy. Two days later Cruiser_nerd Emailed with a link to the tread and asked me if it was mine. My wife just kept looking at it like she couldn't believe it did show up. Of course she thinks all cruiser people are nuts.

I checked my 2000 Coconino National Forest map and it shows the road from Strawberry as an all weather road, better than from the Camp Verde side. At least to the Irving power station it's all weather. I've never been down that way. Always came in from the Verde side and turn off at Child's sub station turn off. It looks like Fossel creek crosses under the road pretty close to the Irving power station. I'm assuming the bridge is where the creek cross under that forest service road (708 I think). If it is it looks a lot shorter from the Strawberry side but I think it is a lot steeper drop than the Verde side.

John

I was so stoked when I saw the 25. First thing I told the wife about when I got home. She wanted to hear about my daughters first camping trip and all I wanted to talk about was the 25 I spotted on the 17.

BMAN said:
I'll be heading up through Payson on Sat AM. Planning on bailing out of town pretty friggin early though, prolly around 5:30 or 6:00 am. Would be more than happy to hook up for a caravan of sorts at the Basha's parking lot at Ellsworth and Brown Rd. for a 6:am roll out. My radio will be tuned to ch 19 for anyone who might be a couple minutes behind. My cell # is 602-763-0529 if you don't have a radio (SHAME SHAME). I will be doing all my prep on Friday night prior to leaving so there is no plan for a gas or food stop beyond that point. There is a gas styation at the interesection but the Owner is a price gouging bastard so I suggest filling up prior to meeting.

Post here if you would like to meet me here. Otherwise I will assume that I'm rolling up solo and will bypass the stop at Basha's if I'm running early.

I will try to meet you there! Both Sterling and Jared might come. Just one thing, if we car pool does the faster person go first or last! I drive Slow!

Sean

Unfortunately I drive fast... very fast... which is why I'm planning such an early start time. I'm figuring that I'll have to stop a few time to let everyone else catch up. This will put us into Strawberry around 8:30 or 9:00 am.

I am trying to get my dad to go and cook dutch oven biscits and gravy but getting him to go is like pulling teeth.

Sean

Does anyone know how long we will be out there?

desertdude said:
I will be down there with my GF camping Friday night anyone else camping? Fri Sat ?
I think Just-john & I are camping up there Saturday night..

Is 6:30 at QT at I-17 and T-bird still a starting point still good for Saturday? I am coming from the far west valley. Maybe an earlier start? I plan on camping and will have 1, possibly 2 riders.

Thanks

bluecruiser said:
Is 6:30 at QT at I-17 and T-bird still a starting point still good for Saturday? I am coming from the far west valley. Maybe an earlier start? I plan on camping and will have 1, possibly 2 riders.

Thanks

I talked with RHINO at the past CSC meet and I told him I would meet him there, unless he pulls a fast one on me now and changes it I would say you are good to meet us there. :rolleyes:

My girlfriend Jami and I are the only ones that are going to make it now, and we will be camping Sat. night as well.

Cantinero

bluecruiser said:

Thanks

I'll be at the QT at 6:15 or so, and will be camping Saturday night. The only passenger so far is Natasha, one of our Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

Sounds good....I am putting the FJ back together right now for the trip....

So tell me how many trailers are there going to be there? Do I need to bring one? Branden I'll try and meet you and your group in Strawberry. I'll call you on your cell around 8:30AM. No CB, If I start running with the club I'll have to install one. I'm sure I have a couple around that I had since the Oh you don't need to know are old there are. All I'm saying is rubber duck.

John

Since I am close to the trail clean up area I can bring a junky 4X6 trailer with high sides - I will take the stuff to the landfill up north after the weekend.

Well be up there Friday Night camping somehwere...

Quote: Does anyone know how long we will be out there?
------------------------------------------------

the last two turned out to be all day - raffle at the end

dutch oven biscuts - count us in!

Looks like we got ourselves a CONVOY.Y.y.y.y......

John, Paul and I will be staying Saturday night. I am bringing enough to feed prolly six or seven on Sunday morning. ANyone have a propane griddle they might be able to bring? Pauls is a little on the small side and I'd like to get the cracker cakes flowin a quickly as possable on Sun.

Also,

Anyone who will be there and might be needing to buy a radio for their rig, I am bringing a tweaked out Cobra 18 that belongs to a friend. He's hoping to get $65 for it. It's a clean and LOUD little unit that's been completely gone through. Bring a little extra dough if you're interested.

My junky trailer is not road worthy - (and the 101 has not been touched yet) - so I am going to pile bags of trash on the back of my Tacoma and take them home then to the dump ( unless we find a closer dumpster)

I am bringing a gas BBQ which if you had the right griddle pan could be used for the cakes - We will also have food to share for Sat night.

Phil just clued me in on a camp spot which will hold 30 vehicles - We will try and nail that down Friday

Hltoppr said:
Looks like I'll be heading down as well! Gotta deliver a bike to CruiserPhil! See you guys tomorrow.

-H-

:D

Holy ghosts from the past Batman... where the hell'd you come from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom