Security options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I feel like the pedal locks aren't that helpful. If they go on the brake/clutch you can still drive it without both.
At least to drive it enough to get it away from where it's at then trailer it out of there.

Doesn't keep from pushing/towing but can take off the coil wire.
I remove the coil wire and replace it with a dummy wire made out of a vacuum hose in the hopes that most people would just give up when it won’t start, the pros are going to get whatever they want the joy riders are going to give up and not notice anything wrong under the hood. Hopefully 🤔

Most 40's don't even run anymore so it's hard to steal the pile of parts from someone's garage!

Unfortunately a hacksaw defeats the Club pretty easily by cutting the steering wheel.

I think most are taken by tow truck snatch method or winched onto a trailer. Much quicker than trying to hot wire and drive it off.
I've had a few friends lose their SA Forerunners through the years by having them winched onto a flatbed/trailer. Those 85's used to be very desirable.

Parking nose in with wheels turned and Club on requires a broken window or slim jims plus the hacksaw before the winching begins. The delay and noise might wake someone enough to make a call. Unless you're ready for shoot, shovel, & shut up there's not much else you can legally do to a horse thief these days.
I remove the coil wire and replace it with a dummy wire made out of a vacuum hose in the hopes that most people would just give up when it won’t start, the pros are going to get whatever they want the joy riders are going to give up and not notice anything wrong under the hood. Hopefully 🤔
I used to do the coil wire removal trick but that's a new one on me👍 I have started swapping plug wires around if I'm concerned as I haven't put much energy into a decent hood lock.

Anyone tried something like this?
Covers the entire steering when fitted. Steering can't be turned and has a decent locking system. Would be difficult to cut through but is bulky and heavy. They come in yellow as well.

1645750178639.png

I am very aware that locks only keep honest people honest and if somebody wants something bad enough and they have the patience they'll get it. I just want to make it tougher so they really have to work at it. I'm a big believer in triple the S theory but that only works in some situations. Hagerty and I have come up with a good price but perhaps I should increase it some more I dont see a whole lot of this model in the states. Just curious to see what others are doing? Thank you for everyone's responses.

Find other security threads here:

went to the border (del rio,tx) and was pretty nervous about parking overnight at a hotel.

I intentionally booked the same hotel the state troopers who get called in for week long shifts stay. Never felt more safe.
A328918B-F119-4C18-9033-2B84A2EFB995.jpeg

17 trooper cars in the parking lot And Q beams for security lights.

It’s getting near impossible for me to take anything serious in this screwed up world anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom