seat comfort? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Upholstery shop maybe?

I had a 2002 Chevy Tahoe for like 13 years. The seats in that truck were really comfortable. They had a much larger lumbar support (poked into your back farther) and they even had "wings" in the seat back that would come out and help hug you to the seat more. Very comfortable.

Going to the LC, I had higher hopes for seat comfort. The lumbar doesn't come out as far, there are no wings. My right knee is resting on the start button panel. I find that to give myself more leg room, I have to move the seat all the way back, and then I have to sit very straight up to reach the wheel or center controls and that's just not comfortable. I'm not sure if there's much that can be done about any of this, especially since I'm 6'3" tall. I did discover that if I raise the thigh/leg support up far it takes a lot of pressure off my feet. I'm just getting used to it and it's going alright.

Is the LX seat any better? Should at least bolt on

My former VP has back problems and put Recaros in on custom mounts. I sat in them and they were great. The seats the the main thing I miss about my GX. Great seats there, not so much in the 200. Too big/wide and not enough bolster support.

I don't find the seats very comfortable either. I'm tall so I need to tilt the back to avoid hitting my head on the headliner, which causes me to lean forward slightly to reach the wheel. I would like to be able to have the seat bottom lower and go back further.

I was looking at some aftermarket seats like Scheel-Mann but they are spendy.

the seats on these rigs are very uncomfortable they just suck - any alternatives?

It would help if you could describe more about how they're not working for you? height? width? lumbar?

Is the LX seat any better? Should at least bolt on

Theoretically yes as it allows more adjustability. There are individuals that have owned both that suggested the LX seats to be more comfortable.
- 14-way LX adjustable driver seat vs 10-way LC (passenger 12-way vs 8-way)

What year do you have? I hated the seats in my 08 and 14. Actually sold my 14 because my lower back was constantly aching after an hour in the truck. I was hesitant to buy another 200 because of it but my 2019 seats have caused zero issue and I’ve driven from TN to CO(one overnight), TN to MN(non-stop)a couple times now and had zero back issue. I don’t know if they added more padding but I’m pretty happy with them. However my entire back and abs have gotten a lot stronger over the last couple years from bodybuilding and this might have helped me immensely from having lower back pain. Either way, something changed.

I wish they were Range Rover seats. That would be a dream.

Yea, but then they'd stop working... ;)

The most comfortable seats I've ever sat in were in a 2000 Volvo S80. Those were better than any chair at home! With only 500 miles on my LC, I'm getting used to the firmness. I have my lumbar set as flat as possible in every vehicle I sit in. I'm 5' 8", so they always hit me wrong.

My former VP has back problems and put Recaros in on custom mounts. I sat in them and they were great. The seats the the main thing I miss about my GX. Great seats there, not so much in the 200. Too big/wide and not enough bolster support.
We are so opposite. GX seats made me have neck and upper back pain..even headaches!! I had an MRI done just because of those damn seats! I am fine with LC seats.

They lack thigh support. Big time. The seats are my biggest complaint on the Cruiser.

The 14 LX seats are more comfortable than the 16+ LX seats too.

I had a 2002 Chevy Tahoe for like 13 years. The seats in that truck were really comfortable. They had a much larger lumbar support (poked into your back farther) and they even had "wings" in the seat back that would come out and help hug you to the seat more. Very comfortable.

Going to the LC, I had higher hopes for seat comfort. The lumbar doesn't come out as far, there are no wings. My right knee is resting on the start button panel. I find that to give myself more leg room, I have to move the seat all the way back, and then I have to sit very straight up to reach the wheel or center controls and that's just not comfortable. I'm not sure if there's much that can be done about any of this, especially since I'm 6'3" tall. I did discover that if I raise the thigh/leg support up far it takes a lot of pressure off my feet. I'm just getting used to it and it's going alright.
I have not had complaints so far, but I am not expecting to sit in a "Lazy Boy" recliner either.

Uncomfortable, suck? They certainly aren’t Audi RS 5 seats. That being said I find them comfortable for my height and body. This is a truck designed for a world market that needs to strike a balance with interior/exterior styling and design.

What year do you have? I hated the seats in my 08 and 14. Actually sold my 14 because my lower back was constantly aching after an hour in the truck. I was hesitant to buy another 200 because of it but my 2019 seats have caused zero issue and I’ve driven from TN to CO(one overnight), TN to MN(non-stop)a couple times now and had zero back issue. I don’t know if they added more padding but I’m pretty happy with them. However my entire back and abs have gotten a lot stronger over the last couple years from bodybuilding and this might have helped me immensely from having lower back pain. Either way, something changed.

I had the same experience going from my old Sequoia to my 2018 LC. Back was killing me after an hour in the Sequoia. I've done several (six, I think) 15-hour nonstop drives in the LC this past year and experienced no back problems.

Seat comfort comes up occasionally on this 200 forum, as well as other vehicle forums I participate in. I honestly have never understood why someone would buy any vehicle with seats they considered uncomfortable. Seat comfort is a VERY individual thing and to buy a vehicle with seats that don't fit or hurt and then complain about it seems very strange to me. I guess I'm just too practical, but seat comfort is near the top of my list for determining what to buy.

Seat comfort comes up occasionally on this 200 forum, as well as other vehicle forums I participate in. I honestly have never understood why someone would buy any vehicle with seats they considered uncomfortable. Seat comfort is a VERY individual thing and to buy a vehicle with seats that don't fit or hurt and then complain about it seems very strange to me. I guess I'm just too practical, but seat comfort is near the top of my list for determining what to buy.
Because with a good aftermarket shop, it can be remedied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom